VDCS oil level

All,

does someone can tell me if we can add oil level to an skoda octi III vrs as i have to fill it every 15000 as the level is too low.

I prefer to see the level before being to late

regards

O.

34 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Use the dipstick. 

30 minutes ago, manix0 said:

i would like to see it from the inside.

I guess it'll need quite a few carefully placed mirrors to be able to do that and then you'd still need a man servant to remove the dip stick! :unsure:

Seriously though, AFAIK the facility that you crave, aka BMW, isn't available on the Octavia.

• Haha 1

There's no facility to show it on either the infotainment display or Maxidot display. 

The simplest method really is to check it regularly with the dipstick

???

Is that 'Fill every 15,000 miles or 15,000 km?   eg 9,300 miles.

What do you mean by fill,

do you mean top up a little?

I would be checking oil by the dipstick maybe at every 4,000 miles so that you are not running the engine with  a low oil quantity.

?

Are you waiting for a Low Oil light or message before adding oil, and then how much oil?

4 hours ago, ahenners said:

There's no facility to show it on either the infotainment display or Maxidot display. 

The simplest method really is to check it regularly with the dipstick

When looking through the adaptation channels on the 5F Infotainment I noticed that there are channels related to displaying oil level, but I haven't been brave enough to enable them to see what happens...

IDE03581-ENG117683-Vehicle function list CAN-Oil_level,Not available

IDE03581-ENG117684-Vehicle function list CAN-Oil_level_msg_bus,Databus drivetrain

IDE04300-ENG117576-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_oil_level,not activated

IDE04300-ENG117580-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_oil_level_after_disclaimer,not activated

IDE04300-ENG117577-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_oil_level_clamp_15_off,not activated

IDE04300-ENG117578-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_oil_level_over_threshold_high,activated 

My reading of the study guide for the 1.4TSI engine does suggest that the engine has an oil level sensor, but not sure about the other engine options.

14 hours ago, match14 said:

I had a 2001 Saxo VTS that had a digital oil level display. Not terribly accurate though.

A Renault 5 GT Turbo I bought in 1985 had a dual oil gauge - oil level with ignition on but engine not running, oil pressure when engine running.

On 28/07/2017 at 14:06, Awayoffski said:

???

Is that 'Fill every 15,000 miles or 15,000 km?   eg 9,300 miles.

What do you mean by fill,

do you mean top up a little?

I would be checking oil by the dipstick maybe at every 4,000 miles so that you are not running the engine with  a low oil quantity.

?

Are you waiting for a Low Oil light or message before adding oil, and then how much oil?

I have to add more than 1l every 15000 km. 

I never did it earlier in my previous cars. 

So I never pay attention on and now I have to double check to ensure not have the light of low oil level again. 

Edited by manix0

Not a great idea to run 1 litre below capacity,

maybe an idea to dip your oil even after 7,500 km and see if it needs topping up.

Owners manuals tell you 'May use more oil in first 5,000 km',  Obviously not all do, but if they do and then do not get topped up then less oil, 

gets hotter, and also with short journeys you might use more oil once you are 0.5 litres low from then on.

What other engines do or did really can not be compared, somehow VW thought build Green engines, low emission but maybe cheat, 

and while fuel is used economically have the owners feeding some with not cheap Full Synthetic.

Edited by Awayoffski