9.2" Columbus screen protector

Why would you need one? You should only be using your finger on it.  You can not drop it. If you are involved in an accident and it gets smashed your insurance will replace it. I suppose depending on what you do in the car a shoe heel or similar might scratch it but only you can decide if that's likely.:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GAG said:

I suppose depending on what you do in the car a shoe heel or similar might scratch it but only you can decide if that's likely.:biggrin:

18 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I find to prevent a shoe heel scratching the screen it's best to tuck the feet into the rear grab handles .    :rock:

I find dropping the rear seats gives you a better position when doing Karma Sutra :-))

On a serious note my daughter has Autism and on occasions during a melt down, items can sometimes be launched to the front of the car !!

There may be a need in that case. You could try a Tablet screen protector. You might need to trim it down a bit depending on the size. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kezwald said:

Thanks will give them a try

I contacted Mikvon via e-bay and they say they are willing to produce a screen protector but require exact dimensions and a good quality photo of the display. As my car hasn't been delivered yet I'm unable to provide this at the moment.

Is there anyone here that could assist with this and then we can get some produced.

This is their reply:

"I would like to offer to you, that we give this case to our engineering department to create suitable films for you, free of charge.

For this we need the exact measurements in mm.
How long and wide should be the film? (mm X mm) ->the film itself, not the just the display
What is the exact name of your device? ->have you got good quality pictures of the device?" 

9 hours ago, davidj241 said:

I contacted Mikvon via e-bay and they say they are willing to produce a screen protector but require exact dimensions and a good quality photo of the display. As my car hasn't been delivered yet I'm unable to provide this at the moment.

Is there anyone here that could assist with this and then we can get some produced.

This is their reply:

"I would like to offer to you, that we give this case to our engineering department to create suitable films for you, free of charge.

For this we need the exact measurements in mm.
How long and wide should be the film? (mm X mm) ->the film itself, not the just the display
What is the exact name of your device? ->have you got good quality pictures of the device?" 

I will give it a go and see what measurements I can get, I might see if a can also get a paper rub with a crayon or something as a template

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kezwald said:

I will give it a go and see what measurements I can get, I might see if a can also get a paper rub with a crayon or something as a template

cheers!

• 2 months later...

After taking delivery of my new SEL Executive I made a paper template by running a very sharp pencil around the edge of the screen through a sheet of paper then carefully cutting it out. I then took measurements and sent these along with a photo of the display to Mikvon and true to their word they produced a bespoke screen protector which I have checked and sent some suggestions back to Mikvon - they are now going to produce me a tempered glass screen protector which I should receive very soon.

Their customer service puts many companies to shame and I have no hesitation in recommending them. 

Now they have all the details I assume they will be stock these for future customers.

12 minutes ago, roo said:

These weren’t available when I first researched, plus Mikvon produced mine f.o.c. :) and refunded my postage costs for sending them the template. !

Edited by davidj241
added additional comment.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. As it is for a 2017 Columbus I guess so and I might buy one to see. It's not that expensive to find out.

I think this is a German company so it would be using translated German spec terminology.

• 2 weeks later...

It has arrived larger packaging than anticipated and cheaper just a flat poly wrapped bag really not a mobile style box, approx 2 1/2 times the size of an a4 page. Not fitted yet will do so at the dealers in the morning, when I also pick up the car (can't wait). Will post up pics soon.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have used screen protectors on mobile phones and tablets and nearly always had issues with irremovable air bubbles so I was in two minds as to whether to buy a protector for my new Karoq Columbus screen.  In the end I decided to try a BROTECT® AirGlass® Premium Glass Screen Protector Clear for Skoda Infotainmentsystem Columbus Karoq which I bought from www.protectionfilms24.com

I would strongly recommended it.  It is thicker than normal films (Glass not plastic) and went on to the screen a treat, with absolutely no air bubbles. The touch control menu and selections work fine through the film.

It cost 14.99 euros including shipping and arrived very quickly.