2.0 CR VRS stage 2

Evening guys 

Have posted on here for awhile but I'm after some advice... I have 2011 HRS 2.0 diesel.. I've been looking at trading her in but I can't find many thing I want as I have a daughter now and it practical.. 280bhp Superb, Golf R estate ive been looking at but i love my VRS and I don't want to let it go...

So I'm after some more power to keep me happy it's already revo stage 1 and dsg stage 1.. which is good fun with good power but is there anyone out there who has more power and what entailed chasing power don't want to go mad around 250bhp with the torque that would bring BIG SMILES...

ideally I don't want to lose my DPF as I hate puff of black smoke and would like to keep it easy to drive as my wife will drive it with my daughter in most of the time.

Any advice would be great 

Thanks Kelby 

20170812_183757.jpg

20170812_183733.jpg

• Like 2

Never really heard of a 2.0tdi vag 250bhp or more with dpf in place. 

A decent map with dpf deleted is around 230bhp.

Interesting to see if anyone has added more power with dpf in place. 

Yeah well that's sort of my question I suppose or whether people have removed there dpf to get more power are they getting mountains of black smoke... As I've been reading they say if it's done properly shouldn't get any...

230bhp isn't a bad amount at all for a diesel mine stage 1 so should be about 200-210bhp from revo stage 1

My 2011 Seat Leon FR 170 Cr TDI was Revo Stage 2 (DPF Gutted out) same engine in FL VRS and I didn't see any smoke whatsoever on full throttle. It went like an express train and pulled hard through all the gears :D I will definitely recommend it though. Saving up for mine currently as I will need to get DSG mapped also. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, singh946 said:

My 2011 Seat Leon FR 170 Cr TDI was Revo Stage 2 (DPF Gutted out) same engine in FL VRS and I didn't see any smoke whatsoever on full throttle. It went like an express train and pulled hard through all the gears :D I will definitely recommend it though. Saving up for mine currently as I will need to get DSG mapped also. 

that's good to know as o hate the black smoke my pet hate.. do you know what power you were producing?  I have the DSG map as I did that with my engine map to be safe.. good to wait for the 25% off like I did great saving 

Hey mate

Didn't you ask this question in the past only I recognise the rather lovely looking motor?

Basically, I'm in the same boat as you although mine isn't a DSG I'm running a shark stage 1. In all honesty and having it mapped for over a year now, drives brilliantly. There's no denying though that a niggly feeling that never really goes away is that I wish for that little bit more grunt.

However this would come at a big risk/sacrifice(s) and there's absolutely no way (spoke to shark to confirm as well as previous threads on here) in achieving stage 2 without removing the DPF and it really is becoming a grey area now.

For example, garages and MOT stations may and I quote 'may' be able to detect in the very near future whether or not you have the DPF in place and may go further than a visual only test. I know there are companies out there claiming they can gut the DPF etc and leave little or no evidence but if you were to fail an MOT your stage 2 remap has just gone up £1000 + re fitment as that's what it would cost to replace it. This is what puts me off and has quite frankly, kept me from going any further. I have since concentrated more on the handling.

Idk, it's risky and it really does depend on how much you personally, want to get more power out of it and do remember it's a common rail and your chasing a rainbow. Do you really think you'll get that much more power?

What if in 6 months you think meh I want even more power because you used to it and decide then that you want to get rid of it!

I've toyed with the idea a lot and I can't help but think knowing my luck, I'd end up failing an MOT or worse, being in an accident and your insurance being null & void as it's been detected you have no DPF. Remember matey, once you remove it willingly, it's on your head be it as your driving an illegal car. Sorry if this is a slapping down post or negative I really do wish you luck but I'm just giving my 2 cents.

11 hours ago, CookieMonster87 said:

Lovely looking motor mate.

Also toying with the idea of a remap on the same engine assuming it won't put my insurance up too much.

Have been looking at Shark, Revo and Celtic Tuning so far with Shark probably coming out on top for me.

Thanks mate it does look great visually how I want it.. Keep thinking dropping it 30mm on some decent springs h&r... But don't want to loose the ride or ground clearance as it's a expensive splitter my Mrs already smashed it off once with a dead badger...haha..

I went revo as I wanted an aggressive punch as doing research they say revo is more aggressive than shark etc..

insurance wise didn't make any difference for me not that was noticable.

3 hours ago, LordRaiden84 said:

Hey mate

Didn't you ask this question in the past only I recognise the rather lovely looking motor?

Basically, I'm in the same boat as you although mine isn't a DSG I'm running a shark stage 1. In all honesty and having it mapped for over a year now, drives brilliantly. There's no denying though that a niggly feeling that never really goes away is that I wish for that little bit more grunt.

However this would come at a big risk/sacrifice(s) and there's absolutely no way (spoke to shark to confirm as well as previous threads on here) in achieving stage 2 without removing the DPF and it really is becoming a grey area now.

For example, garages and MOT stations may and I quote 'may' be able to detect in the very near future whether or not you have the DPF in place and may go further than a visual only test. I know there are companies out there claiming they can gut the DPF etc and leave little or no evidence but if you were to fail an MOT your stage 2 remap has just gone up £1000 + re fitment as that's what it would cost to replace it. This is what puts me off and has quite frankly, kept me from going any further. I have since concentrated more on the handling.

Idk, it's risky and it really does depend on how much you personally, want to get more power out of it and do remember it's a common rail and your chasing a rainbow. Do you really think you'll get that much more power?

What if in 6 months you think meh I want even more power because you used to it and decide then that you want to get rid of it!

I've toyed with the idea a lot and I can't help but think knowing my luck, I'd end up failing an MOT or worse, being in an accident and your insurance being null & void as it's been detected you have no DPF. Remember matey, once you remove it willingly, it's on your head be it as your driving an illegal car. Sorry if this is a slapping down post or negative I really do wish you luck but I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Thank you aswel glad people like it must be doing something right... I did about year ago but no really responded 

well deciding whether more power or new car but if it's new car then I can't decide what...

MOT side of things im not too concerned about as I'm in the trade and can get my MOT,s done no problem but I hate black smoke...

I've always said the car deserves more power from the start... at least standard 200bhp and maybe a R32 version 4WD....

If I did a DPF delete I would do it properly and see of you can get a replacement part that i can put back if needed but I need to look at the system to see how it is and what's avaible..

I appreciate the advice mate

Can anyone shed any light on fitting one of these?

High Flow DPF

Seem like the obvious way of more power whilst maintaining road legality, unless i'm missing something?

Seems you will need an additional custom map and bespoke fabricated pipe to go with it, I would have thought, though.

4 hours ago, Fr0d said:

Can anyone shed any light on fitting one of these?

High Flow DPF

Seem like the obvious way of more power whilst maintaining road legality, unless i'm missing something?

Seems you will need an additional custom map and bespoke fabricated pipe to go with it, I would have thought, though.

You know, this could actually do the trick. Hmmmmmmmmm I do wonder. It might be best contacting them directly and asking the question. Bear in mind, it's the labour and materials plus as you said, a custom map on top of it so I can imagine this being rather costly.

As per previous post to Kelby, particularly in our case (I feel at least), this is a prime example of 'chasing the rainbow' or more power from a CR and until the injector side of things gets cracked, if at all, you'd be lucky to get anywhere above 220bhp without stressing the car.

Don't get me wrong buddy, this may work but I wouldn't want to shell out hundreds of £'s for <10% power increase. It just isn't worth it.

Edited by LordRaiden84

• 2 years later...

Much like you Kelby, I'm always looking for an easy way to eek out more from my mk2 FL VRS. My car seemed to have a very nice feel to the engine so I was comfortable doing stage 1. I didn't do anything to gearbox as it seemed already to be behaving in exemplary way and didn't have any trouble using the whole rev range in S or in D but using the secret weapon of kickdown that still works in that mode only it works at the top edge. I saw the car kickdown to 4500 and go to red line before changing. I have found stage 1 very nice and the way the torque fills in and the curve overlaps the power its a very nice constant delivery of performance. If I calm down I can get the box to go back to a very laid back mode, until I want to use it and it just reprograms fantastically. There are of course other ways to eek out a few more bhp without going overboard or spending big money. This is what I did that put easily 15bhp on for me without a spanner. I use Millers Nanodrive 5w30. Car was noticeably more lively. Then I used ZX1 in the oil and it was even more lively again, but also smoother this time. The top end harshness at high reves was able to be rubbed off by gentle agression of right foot in the right way, like rubbing a polishing rag over the rough areas, I smoothed that down over a couple of thousand miles and engine is singing a sweet song for a diesel. Not content with that I found another friction eliminator product. I had read a lot about friction modifying additives like molyslip and similar, but they have never impressed me by their fundamentals. They are only an oil additive unless ZX1 which is a metal treatment. And the same with my third option, Ceramizer. Its another metal treatment but works by chemically melting ceramic into engine defects, such as scratches or surface blemishes. We know thats where everything goes wrong in the end by the surface of bearing or rubbing surfaces being degraded. I have spent a long time saying no to all other additives because they simply did not bring anything new to the party. Just the same old stuff with hyper claims. I preferred to look to innovators who had a product and that in the end is what my two additional products amount to. They are worth investigating. They are extremely worth the money, and they help make your engine feel like silk. All in all, on this quest for more power, I would say that after stage 1 which took my car to an expected 205bhp, those other products in cluding the millers oil did as much again for my power. That's actually satisfied me largely. I have no wish to get into heavy engineering to add some thing more and potentially degrade, damges or reduce value in my car. I can feel my engine is very happy and extremely willing to spin freely and smooth as silk. This is just so different from my previous car which was 2007 BMW 520d. It was tractor-like. Not a nice engine. Quite astonished about that given BMW have made some very smooth and nice engines; not so with the N47a. When it decided to throw its camchain over the top I had had enough. BMW were caught out over a batch of defective cam chains apparently but despite that they didn't lift a finger to help and lost my custom. I had had some nice Beemer sixes, but Skoda's Octavia mk2 FL VRS smit me without question. Should I say I was smitten by it? Yes. Definitely. And I am looking now for successfor which has to be a 2013 car, say the MK3. I still want everything the same. So, I don't know if this story helps you make some progress in a different way. I hope you will test these extra 'mods' I did. 

BTW you have something on the bottom of your front valance which looks like it could be very helpful to avoid damage. I keep grazing over high kerbs and its been annoying me because the bottom of my valance is scraped and I'd like to avoid that. Is that what that part is intended for? I'd like to get one. Where and how much did it cost? Was it easy to fit?