Another Van, another City - Barcelona

mac11irl

Yet another european city feels the affects if a coward with a van.

No update regarding a claim of responsibilty, manhunt under way for the driver, so not making any links to any group in particular...

Only in the news recently due to tourists feeling "uneasy" due to the number robberies etc that the police werent bothered about helping with.. being referred to "tourism fatigue" ie locals fed up with all the tourists.. not helped by being known as the pickpocket capital of europe..

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40965581

Spent a long weekend there in 2012. Found it a lovely city, hoping this is just some random local acting alone for his own misguided agenda

My earlier hope seems to have been dashed :( 13 dead and "1 of the attackers killed in a shootout" doesnt sound promising for a lone man operation.

I did really like the city during our stay.

Our hotel was just off Las Ramblas...

Unfortunately yes it is and i suppose it is really an excellent choice. How many countless thousand vans and small trucks trundle through towns and cities. Easy to get hold of one.

And in terms of attempting to spread a message of fear among general population... "any one of these vans could be an attack"..has the potential work quite well.

Dirtbags

Just come back from Southern Spain which included a visit to the Cathedral-Mosque in Cordoba where Christians and Muslims visit this amazing site.  Saw no trouble or heavy police presences.

Also visited Barcelona a couple of years ago and it is a question why pick Barcelona, where Islamic presence is low?   

In the areas of Spain where Islam has over 1300 years of tradition it was very calm and harmonious I am pleased to say and pleasant to mingle with people who were clearly devout Muslims visiting a joint shrine. 

http://www.mezquitadecordoba.org/en/information-mezquita.asp

Catherdral biulding and minaret tower in the same complex and joint enjoyed for centuries.      

Image result for cordoba mosque

Nothing to do with were the Islamic presence is low, These retards have been killing anyone who doesn't confirm to their strict and very warped view of religion be they Christian, Muslim, Atheist or anything else.  Barcelona was probably picked as an easy target, huge tourism city which everyone has heard so they create maximum effect. Catalunya area probably so they could try and disappear into France after the attacks. 

Well done to the police for stopping the second attack at Cambrils 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Yet, once again the innocent suffer, it's about time these ba$tards were sorted for once and for all.

How precisely?

This will probably rumble on for decades if not centuries with occasional simple (if effective) attacks.

The Middle East is at least 300yr behind most of the rest of the world and doesn't appear to be in any hurry to catch up.

It wouldn't matter if you turned most of the Arabian peninsula into a glass parking lot there will always be charismatic people who want to kill other people under the veneer of religion.

Denis Diderot - "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

12 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Yet, once again the innocent suffer, it's about time these ba$tards were sorted for once and for all.

Another very sad day...............

27 minutes ago, BJM said:

How precisely?

A lot of these Terror Cells who have attacked Countries in the passed have been known to the Intelligent Services, they know there movement across Europe, where they have been, where there going and warn other authorities about possible attacks but some seem to do nothing about it.  Then after the attacks it all comes out in the wash and if something had been done earlier these attacks might not have happened

5 hours ago, Tilt said:

I do not think i would call them Charismatic people. Sorry Aspman.

I suppose I mean 'charismatic' in that they are able to manipulate others to carry out acts on their behalf.

Charles Manson was charismatic for instance and (enacting Godwins Law with full knowledge) Hitler was charismatic as well.

I'm not meaning it as a compliment.

23 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I suppose I mean 'charismatic' in that they are able to manipulate others to carry out acts on their behalf.

There will be and they are also the coward too, as Wino stated,  manipulating the weaker minded into carrying out these acts. These charismatic characters are the Imam's giving sermons on their corrupted version of the Qur'an. Luckily these are few but they are growing in number with the Saudi funded Mosques through the Wahhabism movements. Strong muslim leaders are doing their part by refusing to give funeral prayers to the dead terrrorists. They have a hard battle though as money talks and when you want a new, big mosque like in Dewsbury then you take their money and conditions which includes their teachings suddenly lots more women start wearing Niqab and Burqas who will no longer talk to you when before they would wear a Hijab and chat away. 

Guest FurryFriend

They aren't terrorists..... They are cowardly scum.  Filth and scum of the worst sort, pretending to hide behind some warped religion to justify their evil acts. 

Nothing but contempt for them. 

They should face an automatic death penalty all over the civilised world for treason. 

@FurryFriend

Unfortunately a death penalty isnt seen as a bad thing... given death in jihad is a planned goal for many.

Deaths would need to be administered exclusively by women, as this blocks the path the paradise..

Might help if this was confirmed as theologically true

http://newsthump.com/2017/06/06/terrorists-disappointed-with-reward-of-72-virgins-after-discovering-they-are-all-male-former-terrorists/

The terrorists who died in a volley of bullets on Saturday night have been left gutted after discovering that the virgins awaiting them in the afterlife are other dead ISIS fighters.

It is believed that the three attackers are already regretting getting themselves shot by police after each being rewarded with seventy-two equally angry young male virgins to satisfy them for eternity.