Anyone know where Mike Holroyd is???

On 11/12/2017 at 12:41, Auric Goldfinger said:

:shake:   After speaking to Mike I don't think he'll be coming back, such a shame, great bloke..............

Yea, I chatted to him a few weeks ago and he said similar. I bug him on whatsapp instead :D

5 minutes ago, zeffania said:

Yea, I chatted to him a few weeks ago and he said similar. I bug him on whatsapp instead :D

I never thought of whatsapp, I thought I had him on facebook, but can't see him on there anymore. I wonder if he still has the same number I have. 

1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

I never thought of whatsapp, I thought I had him on facebook, but can't see him on there anymore. I wonder if he still has the same number I have. 

Yea, still on FB and I have had his number for years so I would imagine it is the same

I will be meeting my very good friend mike tomorrow, as he has a coach trip coming to my area, I will certainly convey all your good wishes to him, but, as said in many replies, its doubtful that he will return

• Thanks 1

Just like to add to the consensus that it is a real shame that this has happened. I met Mike once when he did some changes to my VRS and he and his wife are thoroughly nice people. I may have the only Octavia in Hampshire with both working Rear fog lights, thanks to Mike. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just to add my two penneth, I've been on Briskoda quite a while, lurking in the shadows. I've felt mike has been brilliant and thoroughly enjoyed his extremley knowledgeable posts. Nothing was too much for him, and he'd always go away and find the answer if (in the extreme event) he didnt have it there and then. 

Responible individuals, if they are still active, should be suspended!

Please come back!

Edited by GizmoThor8303
  • Like 2

having met mike on Wednesday whilst he was in my area with a coach trip, and tried to get him to come back to the forum, its highly unlikely that he will do so

ive known mike for over 10 years, having initially met him on the Volvo forum,. He was, as he  is now a great help to many genuine skoda members of this forum.

its a pity that the forum is falling into decline, and loosing quality members like mike. the moderators should be more strict by eradicating those responsible and expelling them

Edited by mobilone

If this particular person is still a member, can't they be binned? Surely this sort of thing can't be allowed. It would also being the site into disrepute if long standing, respected members can be harrased offline?

Hopefully he will return in time 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, adamal said:

He messaged me this weekend so I think he is fine. I am sure he would like to see this thread actually.

I've tried to PM him but it looks like he's closed his account. I'll phone him tomorrow and tell him to get his @rse back on here or there'll be trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've tried to PM him but it looks like he's closed his account. I'll phone him tomorrow and tell him to get his @rse back on here or there'll be trouble.

He may just have a full inbox and his account is not closed.

On 11/12/2017 at 22:17, Wino said:

P'raps he should be given a bigger inbox as a goodwill gesture?

How about honarary membership? The forum is a better place with him in here. @ColinD is that something that can be done for members?

• Like 1