Hi guys, my 2005 Octavia TFSI VRS is noisy on idle at the moment. The rev gauge stays exactly as it should but under the bonnet seems much noisier than it used to be, I can hear it from inside the car. I also have a yellow light on the dash (looks like a lightbulb). Any ideas? 

She is driving fine but is well due a service which is going to be done very soon. 

Many Thanks 

A light bulb like warning light sounds like you have light bulb fault, is there a number plate bulb or some other blown, or has a bad connection, 

usually that is why you get a warning.

If the car is well due a service best service it, get new oil, filters, plugs in and see how it sounds then.

Seems dead obvious really.   If there is still noises, and a bulb warning light after servicing and checking bulbs, maybe best ask in the Octavia section.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2017 at 22:51, Headinawayoffski said:

A light bulb like warning light sounds like you have light bulb fault, is there a number plate bulb or some other blown, or has a bad connection, 

usually that is why you get a warning.

If the car is well due a service best service it, get new oil, filters, plugs in and see how it sounds then.

Seems dead obvious really.   If there is still noises, and a bulb warning light after servicing and checking bulbs, maybe best ask in the Octavia section.

Cheers for this. The light on the dash turned out to be a blown brake light so that was an easy fix! She's going in for a service next week, I've bought platinum plugs, new R8 coil packs and a k&n panel filter so she should come out of it much healthier. I've asked the garage to change the fuel filter too so all being well she'll run better after.