Turbo valve???

Graffiti

22 hours ago, Graffiti said:

Will see what happens after we have our call returned today.  Im half expecting guys in black suits to come and get us already so if you dont hear from me etc :biggrin:

Haven't heard from you... Gettin' worried... :biggrin:

Any update on this?  Did you get the promised phone call?

3 hours ago, Robjon said:

Haven't heard from you... Gettin' worried... :biggrin:

Any update on this?  Did you get the promised phone call?

Kind of you buddy.

Well we got a call at 19:55, 5 mins before their closing! And 11 hours after our call to them.

He called again at 13:55 and did not really listen. He was doing something else at the same time as listening to the wife.

I went to skoda and well the Turbo Valve is non existant, i was shown one by them on the computer but i explained what they were showing me was for a japanese ko3 Turbo on google.  

I might add the Skoda dealer were totally different today and a pleasure to speak with. Just a few things did not tally up. 

I asked for the parts man after service could not find the part on the system and my invoice was well another story. Parts man said Turbo valve was the "actuator" .  Woop wooop now i know finally what they mean.  I have a lot more to say but i cant on here. Not the main things .

First I need to give said dealer chance number 6 / 7 and week 10  to rectify are situation but sadly after the call earlier they do not seem interested.  Fair play to the wife for dealing with it as she was near a breakdown.  Our savings for a house deposit went on the car as the baby and us out grew the clio. We are depleted of funds now and stuck still after now week 10 coming up of a car unfit and dangerous.

Can i just thank all of you for your support in this.  Its a pleasure to know you all.

Update.

No return call meant i went down dealers yesterday afternoon...

Seems rejection not an option as

A,  no proof of fault with car

B, no record of our car going in to be fixed .......

Well,  what can i say.....

Are the Warning Lights & Fault Codes not an indication of there maybe being a fault, or something up?

Was work done under the Warranty not done because of a diagnosed fault?

Has 'The Fix' been done and have VW Group / Skoda paid for that being done and now the cars VIN / Reg No. due to be held in the data base for adding to the 1.2 million the VW Group are attempting to have done?

What has happened to the Records concerning this YETI with ARNOLD CLARK MOTOR GROUP or SKODA UK / VW GROUP UK?

3 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Are the Warning Lights & Fault Codes not an indication of there maybe being a fault, or something up?

Was work done under the Warranty not done because of a diagnosed fault?

Has 'The Fix' been done and have VW Group / Skoda paid for that being done and now the cars VIN / Reg No. due to be held in the data base for adding to the 1.2 million the VW Group are attempting to have done?

What has happened to the Records concerning this YETI with ARNOLD CLARK MOTOR GROUP or SKODA UK / VW GROUP UK?

They are telling us there are no records now..  Today car triggered limp again in a dangerous situation.

main manager said no fault with car, let's call him andy.   But today sales manager said andy had been discussing the fault with him yesterday....  So much lies it's unreal...

Main manager said he would sort it's next fix date today , however today he is on a day off.   Sales manager has booked it in for next Monday at Skoda.   Dealership refused anything in writing . We wanted assurance if it did not get repaired again etc etc but dealer said nothing in writing is going to happen..

car in Monday,  our family hol that week to.  No assurance of decent courtesy car etc..

quick update over .....

21 hours ago, Wino said:

Involve a solicitor; just a warning shot letter may be enough to make them change their tune.

Letter was drafted out but withheld because of dealer has no record of us or fault with the car. And as we were refused paperwork we dont really have a leg to stand on.  

We are giving them car again monday as we both are just spent. we cant get refund or exchange as dealer manager said " you need to give us opportunity to fix it first, at the moment I have no record of a fault with the car"   !!!!

So next week will be final chance ( like we have a choice) 

After that to return car we have a long legal battle ( they made that clear ) and no car to use as they requure it back immediately.plus no funds to purchase another as funds are tied in yeti.  Either way its not an option.

However. It will be time to go very much public and reveal everything with every name we have dealt with.  And get the full weight of everything possible including brisky and as many members as possible onboard.

To conclude, letter drafted but absolutely no proof of visits to be repaired or 10 weeks of fault.. what can we do?? They are clever.

Update next week.

• Like 1

What about the posts here in this thread on the 3rd September & the 6th September,

Not the Policy, then the Turbo Valve, then it being an Actuator, 

?

Who was paying for that which seemingly is just a figbox of someones imagination?

Maybe it is the HMRC will need to look at the Dealership / Workshop that produces invoices and charges someone VAT on Parts & Labour 

on non existent work if no work does get done but invoices / paperwork gets produced.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Agree with the above....  talk now of exchanging the car if its too expensive to fix.   Car is back in again having work carried out.

I have taken a step back from this now because it was actually causing problems in the family home...

It involves two dealers which i will keep under wraps for now.  But as I said the car situation and stress has caused problems all round. Last week was hellish.  I got to a point where I shut down from the whole lot..

Will update again when i know more but as yet it is all still ongoing apart from dealer saying if it is too expensive then a replacement may be sourced . No refund spoken of though. 

Tbc

• Sad 1

Just a thought: I may be wrong, but if they decide it's too expensive to fix then they are implicitly admitting that there is a fault - therefore (I think) you should be able to reject the car rather than accept a replacement.  That's by their logic, as per your post on the 12th.

6 hours ago, Robjon said:

Any update mate?

Had hoped they'd have sorted it by now.

I wish I could!!  Its still in dealer an we are no wiser as its hard to get them on phone.  its 2-3 weeks in dealer this time so far.. on week 2 it hadnt been started yet. 

calling them tomorrow for update.................. and it is beyond explaining now,  

Will update tomorrow....      

• Thanks 1

Sounds to me like it's time to get some of the media involved to get this farce in the public eye.  BBC Watchdog, or maybe one of the newspaper consumer champions - the Guardian ones are contactable through this e-mail address: [email protected] (they ask that you provide a daytime contact number).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

Sounds to me like it's time to get some of the media involved to get this farce in the public eye.  BBC Watchdog, or maybe one of the newspaper consumer champions - the Guardian ones are contactable through this e-mail address: consumer.champions@theguardian.com (they ask that you provide a daytime contact number).

Well if car is not fixed this time which after 4 months and so many visits and repairs already we dont have much faith it will be then it is refund....  We are going to have a fight I believe if it comes to it but with support from so many people I believe it would come good...  

Will defo update later

Okay,   After near 3 weeks it's not fixed... It's lying in Skoda and they "think" changing the turbo is next step... 

So 6 visits with the 6th probably working out at 4-5 weeks in Dealer no 2.  

Its the the whole turbo system they want to change against the fix.  I have expressed that renewing will still leave the software of the fix on the car so a mucho extended warranty is needed if we are to keep car.

And then on way from holiday we hit a dinosaur on the A9....... Teeth and everything were flying.. I managed to pry it from the grille of car but it returned to life so I managed to wrestle the beast to the ground........    ( story not so boring about car now?) :D

Just to clarify, the Turbo is being replaced as the next step in the process of elimination... A phone call last night revealed hopefully work would be carried out next week but dealer 1 is nervous dealer 2 will come good on this..

Earlier events revealed dealer 1 was thinking of cutting losses with this car but as all work done so far and being done is warranty against the fix.  Now Skoda UK aka VW are paying out no questions asked against the fix so really there is due credit there.  However the incompetence of dealer 1 and 2 is the problem.  So we will see what happens end of next week.  

Also we are dealing with a new person from dealer 1 where we bought car, and he is totally different to deal with... He is very nervous of me as he said dealer 2 told him of me and apparent knowledge of VW engines and that he had none about cars..

So a new turbo on the way??  Egr still lurks in my mind but fingers crossed...

Will update next week when we hopefully get it back...

One question...... Apart from sticky VNT system does anyone know how the fix knackers a turbo??? Im struggling to work it out...  No smoke, No whine, no oil consumption, so perhaps stick vnt? But surely oil is needed in conjunction with an over worked EGR to cause this?

Hope everyone is okay and living the dream :biggrin:

Update,

Car was due to be fixed this week after we returned from hols to no car again, and after no phone calls for 3 days it was getting nervy. We expected car at latest today but it turns out the car has just sat for 3 weeks in the car park. This afternoon work got started and it is a 2 day 15 hour job to swap a turbo...   I actually called the manager back and for the first time lost it on the phone.   But he assures next week now and says the service has been shocking for us.  

Hope all are well!