wilbert77

Small interior lights

wilbert77    1

So having recently bought a 2 year old scout I am starting to familiarise myself with all its functions. There are 2 very small but very annoying down lights that sit between the 2 "reading lights". is it possible to turn these off as at night the glare from them is right in the corner of my vision and is both annoying and distracting. I have no need to see my left hand like its day light or the centre console as I know where the controls are. If these can't be switched off is it an easy job to remove them?

john999boy    2,204

I've always found them to be a good thing but they can't be 'turned off' via a menu. The housing isn't difficult to remove though and then you could maybe pull them back so they don't annoy you too much?

amwphotos    31

I like them, but, if they are an issue to you try colouring them in with a superfine Sharpie, or a tiny spot of Tippex, that should make them a bit dimmer!

MattChr    13

Could get some "laptop privacy stickers" online. 

I find the ambient lighting helpful, but if glaring you could try punching a tiny hole through the stickers to focus the light a little. 

BNT1985    24

I like them but I think that you can alter their brightness via the infotainment system from memory.

john999boy    2,204
1 hour ago, gregoir said:

So these lights are always on at night time? Don't think I have these in my car.

Must go and look.:wondering:

They may well be dimmed with the dash lights. 

stever750    918

I've noticed them too and find them hugely irritating. I couldnt dim mine, at least not using the ambient lighting control in the main menu. I was thinking small pieces of eleccy tape too. 

YMe    69

I hadn't noticed these even driving at night; after reading this thread I went and looked. I like the idea that the centre console is illuminated. Can't quite understand what there is to dislike as I don't notice them when driving. The auto dim rear view mirror has a light on it too when it is active this is not noticeable either once you know it is there.