Explosion at Parson Green Tube Station LONDON

Auric Goldfinger

Thankfully it does not look as bad as it could have been.   It looks like an explosion in a bucket that possibly did not go off properly with a few injuries, hopefully none serious.

From the pictures that are around on the news, the train has not been too badly damaged, as shrapnel from the painted metal panels and the glass could have been what would have caused the most injuries.

19 minutes ago, roo said:

Thankfully it does not look as bad as it could have been.   It looks like an explosion in a bucket that possibly did not go off properly with a few injuries, hopefully none serious.

From the pictures that are around on the news, the train has not been too badly damaged, as shrapnel from the painted metal panels and the glass could have been what would have caused the most injuries.

Your patch roo  ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Looks like a lucky escape in a badly built device if that is wires that are existing it with red bullet connectors.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was what the IRA used to call a bucket bomb i.e. concrete at the bottom, explosive and nails on top to create a claymore for maximum carnage. 

C3QsRzamQ5Wqy2AZvGZm_16453860-1.jpg

edit. Just been confirmed as a terror attack.

Edited by CWARD

8 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

You patch roo  ?

More than my patch.  My line and it's one of the trains I fix.  My first thought was 'oh testicles' (or words to that effect) especially after what happened 7/7, but luckily it does not look anywhere near as bad.

There is a slim chance the train involved will come to the depot I work at when it is cleared by the police as it's an easier move, but it is more likely it will go to the sidings that are conveniently by the station it happened at and moved later to the closer one on that side of London.  I'll probably find out later on when I am at work.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Looks like a lucky escape in a badly built device if that is wires that are existing it with red bullet connectors.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was what the IRA used to call a bucket bomb i.e. concrete at the bottom, explosive and nails on top to create a claymore for maximum carnage. 

Timer? If so, I can't remember IS using timers (could be wrong but they seem to set them off themselves - or force others to do it)

Just now, S00perb said:

Timer? If so, I can't remember IS using timers (could be wrong but they seem to set them off themselves - or force others to do it)

Or simple connection for power source. Timers are old hat and unreliable when phones can be the TPU with little modification.

4 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Or simple connection for power source. Timers are old hat and unreliable when phones can be the TPU with little modification.

One reason not to have mobile phone signals in the tube

10 minutes ago, S00perb said:

One reason not to have mobile phone signals in the tube

It would not have made any difference today, Parsons Green is above ground.  you can get a mobile signal across most of the district line as you are only just underneath the roadway at its deepest.

Edited by roo

2 minutes ago, CWARD said:

People would be outraged if they couldn't update their Facebook page. 

You could walk round the tube with a big bomb that said bomb on it and no one would notice - they all have their heads down tapping on their mobile mesmerisers

5478285317_d714ab911b_z.jpg

11 minutes ago, roo said:

It would not have made any difference today, Parsons Green is above ground.  you can get a mobile signal across most of the district line as you are only just underneath the roadway at its deepest.

In a previous life I helped document this invention that could have helped http://www.freepatentsonline.com/8450392.html

It does a very good job of blocking mobile phone signals

Edited by S00perb

There really isn't much you can do about this sort of thing really. not without impacting significantly on everyone's lives. If you don't want to live in a police state you have accept that your freedoms will allow others to act freely against you. And that's a debate for an enlightened society. Unfortunately we have a shallow and spineless government who would rather shackle us all, "for our safety" and a press that backs that up.

I wonder if it was left behind with a remote detonator in which case I would have hoped people would have spotted an abandoned bag. I suspect travellers esp in London would be sensitive to that. Or if it was supposed to be a suicide attack in which case we might find that the perpetrator is one of the current 'victims' in hospital.

Either way it's only because it was a bad bomb that we have no deaths.

Edited by Aspman

12 hours ago, Lee01 said:

One avenue not mentioned; 
Right wingers trying to stir the pot.
Happened in Germany recently with the footballingist coach attack.

Isis already claimed responsibility and the device was linked as similar build to 7/7. 

Lee, it might not fit your left wing agenda but it can't be helped. Making political gains on these kind of acts is pretty low though so please tread carefully as this is an open forum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWARD said:

Lee, it might not fit your left wing agenda but it can't be helped. Making political gains on these kind of acts is pretty low though so please tread carefully as this is an open forum. 

What's low about it? As I said. It happened in Germany recently. It could happen here. 
And who are ISIS? Who's their spokesperson who made the claim? FFS anyone could claim to be ISIS if they were of that mind and make a claim.

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Isis already claimed responsibility and the device was linked as similar build to 7/7. 

This is a a brilliant hash tag trending on twitter 

#ThingsIslamicStateShouldClaim

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThingsIslamicStateShouldClaim?s=09

Some of the tweets are hilarious. 

Edited by gadgetman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As we don't seem to be having respect for those injured and having mad conspiracy theories I'll just leave this here. Maybe this what happens when he can't get a seat and has to sit in the doorway. 

IMG_1354.JPG

• Haha 1

Where have I shown disrespect? Come to think of it, where have you said anything along the lines of 'thoughts with the victims' etc. You haven't.
Furthermore, it's not a 'mad conspiracy theory'. It's a genuine, plausible theory as shown by the attack on the German football coach.
What is disrespectful is your post above with Corbyn and a Lidl carrier bag.