Coolant warning.

Hi all I am new to this forum but come here with hopes of finding some help.

We have a 2009 octavia estate diesel that keeps showing the coolant warning light now bearing in mind the engine is cold and the coolant level is fine this is a problem.

After doing some research we decided to follow the common advice to change the expansion bottle with built in sensor. However this has not cured the fault.

Unless we have been unlucky to get a faulty new part I don't know what to try next.

Has anyone else experienced this fault and have any leads on a solution would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks 

Rich

Can't be much help but Its unlikely you have a faulty bottle with the same problem.

First look at contacts on the plug that plugs onto the bottle and spray with wd40 to make sure they are clean. Next step would be to find someone local to you who has vcds and ask them to scan your system.

The light coming on with the symptoms you have given suggests possible dirty contacts, bad earth, fuse  or loose wire problem.

I had this too. I tried changing cleaning up the contacts to no avail and the changed the bottle but eventually it was as simple as a bad earth as suggested. I should have tested for that first before changing tbe bottle!

I ran a new wire from the brown earth wire on the electrical plug to an earthing point and it cured it.

Thanks for the replies guys. We have tested the two wires from the expansion bottle all the way to the connector in the back of the dash and both the earth and the positive wire are both ok no high resistance or bad earth. So it would look like we have a faulty dash board and as they are about £500 from Skoda looks like it will be going off to be repaired.

Yes, I agree. It is just I have been caught out testing wiring when there is a kink or partial cut or whatever and the high resistance varies with bumps etc and not consistent enough to be faulty all the time with the multi meter. Would save you the hassle of sending off the dash. However, as you say the fingers are pointing...