Flashing stock map

VenjahVrs

Morning Everyone,

I've been having a huge problem with a seriously bad map on a car I bought last week (Map was already on the car)

The map has been looked at and deemed, rediculous. 

My question is, is there anyone who could flash my stock map back onto my ecu for me? I have the file.

I don't mind a little road trip and can provide a fair amount of your favourite tipple + a pack of your favourite biscuits. 

I'm located in Loughborough, inbetween Nottingham and Leicester.

Garages and mappers around here want the same price to flash my factory map as they do to give the car a full remap?

Many thanks In advance

Personally I would get the map done properly not flashed back to stock as.insuspect within 6 months you will probably want it mapped anyway 

Curious as to what is so ridiculous  about the existing map 

I was struggling to find someone to flash my stock map so I got myself a laptop and mpps cable but I'm struggling to get it to work on the laptop, 

I spent all day yesterday trying to get it to work but it kept showing an error due to missing DLL files. I managed to sort that after about 11 hours of trying but now I'm getting "problem" on the-  run new, testing exe.. box and it will not open mpps. 

It's frustrating the hell out of me as I feel now I've bought a laptop etc for absolutely no reason!

Waste of time and money! 

If anyone has any idea how to fix this then I'd be hugely grateful. 

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...

I don't know all the Skoda models and years but anything after about 2009ish will have Bosch tri-core EDC17 protected ECU and you won't be able to use the MPPS cable. Previous ECU series EDC15 and 16 are good for the MPPS cable unless it has had a dealer reflash with protection added.

I have a 2012 Yeti which has ECU EDC17 and a 2008 VW that has ECU EDC16.  The VW can be read and written to with MPPS, the Yeti requires Alientech tools. Somewhere in that year range depending on model and engine there will be the switch to later tricore. The only certain way of knowing is to physically check the ECU or scan the car with diagnostics. If you go blindly hooking up MPPS through the OBD II port to a later car with a tri-core ECU, I'm told the Bosch tuning protection will screw it up for you!