"They all do that!"

awfabia

Are there peculiarities to Yetis that Briskodans have had to which dealers have replied "they all do that" when we've suggested a fault may be present?

Mine is the random single sweep of the  rear wiper on start-up. 

Apart from that, I'm a very satisfied owner.

You just ask the Dealership employee if they can show you the other vehicles all doing the same, and if they do not ask how they are going to fix those faulty ones. Or can they get a qualified person to introduce the fault so that your car does the same as all the others.

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, awfabia said:

... Mine is the random single sweep of the  rear wiper on start-up ...

1 hour ago, awfabia said:

Nope, I'm saying front wipers off, startup from cold - random wipe of rear.

19 minutes ago, awfabia said:

Nope, parked in neutral......

Yes, yes and yes.  My previous TDi and the current TSi :nod:

3 hours ago, longedge said:

Isn't it by design so the wipers don't adhere to the window and tear?

Ah! So if you hadn't used it for a while..........

If so, why don't they put it as "simply clever"?

20 hours ago, awfabia said:

Are there peculiarities to Yetis that Briskodans have had to which dealers have replied "they all do that" when we've suggested a fault may be present?

Mine is the random single sweep of the  rear wiper on start-up.

Mine doesn't do that, so any dealer that told you that would be, er, making an incorrect statement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ejstubbs said:

Mine doesn't do that...

"They all do that" isn't true, nor "None of them do that".  How about a compromise - "Some do that, some don't", perhaps? 

Life's awfully short, you know

Mine also does it but only for a few days after I have used the rear wiper.  If I do not use the rear wiper for (approx) a week, then the rear wiper does not give the random wipe.

17 hours ago, longedge said:

Isn't it by design so the wipers don't adhere to the window and tear?

It's a bad idea if that's the case,if you have a frozen rear screen and the wiper does a sweep on startup  a knackered blade in no time,mine doesn't wipe on startup.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sandman said:

It's a bad idea if that's the case,if you have a frozen rear screen and the wiper does a sweep on startup  a knackered blade in no time,mine doesn't wipe on startup.

I take your point, I hadn't thought of that. I've certainly known mine do it sometimes and I thought that it was only when I was reversing but I can't be sure. My front wipers also do a little jiggle so I suppose you could say the same about them. I'll have to pay more attention to see under what conditions this happens.

3 hours ago, longedge said:

My front wipers also do a little jiggle so I suppose you could say the same about them. I'll have to pay more attention to see under what conditions this happens.

From the manual:

Each time the ignition switches off for the third time, the position of the windscreen wipers changes. This counteracts an early fatigue of the wiper rubbers.

To lift the wipers without damaging the paint on bonnet:
Turn ignition on and off, then press wiper stalk down briefly and release. The wipers will stop at about mid sweep and can then be lifted from the screen without hitting bonnet.