The story of the famous DQ200 clutch slip...

krigl

@kimbosabi  The other important thing is you are in Australia.

?

So have you checked the build date of your car and checked the Recall website to see if your car is part of the latest one on the DQ200 ?,

also best see if there is a software update on the engine.  Contact a main dealer or Skoda Australia.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your help on the oil change.

I've checked and my car isn't included in the recall. But with 110,000 km on the clock I'm going to change the oil anyway ("filled for life" is a joke on any gearbox!).

Did you use genuine VW oil?

I see the Febi oil matches the requirements and part numbers so was going to use that.

Screenshot_2020-07-18-18-03-11-263_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening to all.  I am from Greece and recently 1 month ago I got a Skoda octavia dsg7 1.6tdi with 205,000 kilometers.  when I have 2nd gear at low speeds (1,300-1,700) I feel like it is kicking me.  but only in the 2nd relation.  all other speeds are fine.  and the changes are good they did not hit.  what can this be l?  Does anyone know or something similar has happened to him and he has proceeded to repair and the problem has been solved?  thank you very much in advance!the shazman is dq200 and has not changed oils, nor has it been made by any other kind of winding ...

17058AB9-9223-44D2-9446-97C3A30C9372.png

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I drive a Cross Turan  dsg 7,1.4 tsi eco fuel 2011 year,the car is 244000 k.m.and at normal acceleration it slows down to fourth gear for a short time, if I press to the end the gas develops without a problem.  in tiptronic on the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh decelerates the acceleration between 2800 and 3900 rpm after 4400 there are no problems.  if I drive out of town and decide to overtake and give some gas there is a wonder 2.3 seconds speeds up a bit and thinking again until 4500 rpm.Unfortunately in my country no one understands from new cars and can not say what the problem is but rather rely on trial and error.  I have only one error in a simple diagnosis that one clutch is accelerating.  I will be grateful for directions and opinions, I know that my car is based on the old modifications, for which I apologize

@Vinsa69 Welcome.

A VW / Skoda dealership Master Tech or a VW Independent garage mechanic should understand things.

Your car was part of the World Wide Recall which was a Recall Action in Australia.

Maybe part of the latest Recall in Australia started last year.  Best check with VW Australia if your car should be going in to be checked again.  At no cost to you.

While checking what they are checking they can check out your issue.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 11.56.24.png

Edited by e-Roottoot

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Slovenia,

I,m buying a new Škoda octavia 1.5TSI DSG, the model is facelift MK3 not the newest (MK4).  Is the problems with the motor and gearbox solved or are still present? 

Thanks to answer and have a nice day,

Marko B.

From my point of view, I am still afraid, that the combination of engine and gearbox is problematic. In my opinion the engine cylinder deactivation is way to intrusive (and cannot be disabled) and the response from DSG along with the engine is suited to slow driving person, which I am not (dynamic driving).

Are there still problems with DSG 7 dry coupling still active, I cannot comment since I already have 4 years old car which is tuned both engine and DSG and now it is drivable. I have been struggling with official solutions of VW for 2 years and have given up back then.

Test drive the car for a day if possible from cold car and you will see how it will go.  If it is a new car and the problems if they still exist, will show after 20kkm, and not before.

If possible, go for the 6 speed wet coupling combination with a diesel, this will likely be my next choice, or a tuned 7speed dry one, but in any case I am hooked on automatics, It is just better for every day use.

This is my opinion, take it as you wish. I am still a fan of VW group compared to other makes, so I will likely stay with their cars in future.

Have a nice day.

Thanks a lot for response. I will not buy that car (škoda octavia 1.5 TSI mk3) because there is to many bad experiences.

What about new Škoda octavia 1.5 TSI is there any problems? Manual or automatic gearbox? Is in the car still DQ200? 

I try the 6 speed wet clutch in passat 2.0 tdi 2017, but i working about 10000 to 15000 km per year so i dont need a dizel motor. 

I dont now what is better to buy a used car (passat 2.0tdi DSG 2017) for 16000 euros plus leasing about 3000 - 4000 euros or a new Škoda Octavia 1.5 tsi with manual gearbox (or DSG if not installed a DQ200) for 23000 euros (with DSG cost about 2000€ more) that is final price with all costs.

It is still DQ200. 
It is not a problem of bad experience, just stock SW of DQ200 is bad due to emission and other nature related stuff... The unit is quite good in my opinion, you just need to go to get a TVS tuning done on it Stage 2+ so it will perform as it should.

I did 2x clutch change and 1x mechatronics in warranty and the end result was the same as new car, totally pointless effort by the skoda service center, I lost a few weeks of time I will never get back dealing with this issue with them. So I pulled the trigger and went for tuning. I have never looked back.  

The problem is that people do not trust tuning and are afraid of it. The  DSG tuning does not increase power of car, just the behaviour of the gearbox in a better way, the way it should be from factory.

You can buy the DQ200, I do recommend it, BUT do the tuning! My car has around 120kkm now and all is OK. Well worth the 400 EUR for tuning.

My 2010 golf dq200 performs well and I have not experienced hesitation or slow changing.

I cant comment on reliability as have only covered 5000 miles with it.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I do not know if you are gonna see this but i just want to say thank you man you just saved my car.

i have a vw golf 7 1.4 tsi engine code CXSA with a dsg transmission DQ200.

last week i replaced the waterpomp and after i finished i went for a test drive and the clutch started slipping 

i was going crazy what did i do wrong.

after i read your post i knew that i removed that turbo hose going from the turbo to the throtle body to get acces to the waterpomp .so 

i just ziptied it temporally to see if it wil fix my issue and yesss it did.

thank you. 

Hi guys again ,I don't know what kind of car it is, I like my car but I just want to break it somewhere.  8000 kilometers after changing the clutches my fork burst and everything was disassembled again, the service is installed improved from 2019 and I asked him explicitly to inspect everything (mechatronics, shafts ...) I took the car and was told that there may be a slight adjustment again  and self-study.  Since the last repair I have covered 2000-3000 km and from today there is a kick and some vibration when supplying gas in motion, regardless of the fourth, fifth, sixth...

any idea what it might be. I read about the flywheel but I'm not very clear.

I just want to add a thing about the DQ200 transmissions.

the 1.4TSI engine waterpump are known to leak coolant 

my car started at 217.000km 

the waterpomp on these engines is on the right side and not like other cars which have it with the timing belt.

If your car starts to leak coolant you would see it on the dsg transmission and there is a small hole on the top of the dsg for inspection or ventilation i guess .

the coolant can leak from that hole into the clutches and fly wheel which can cause a cluch slip.

and if you are replacing your waterpump make sure to cover that hole because when you remove the waterpump alot of coolant is gonna leak inside.

D4EDF300-39D2-4621-9175-6C7366FCFCE5.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I actually ended up changing my oil(s) a few thousand KMs ago.

Didn't end up buying any special fill tools or anything and managed to fill the oils with some hoses I had lying around etc.

Then that combined with an engine oil change and spark plug change the car is running so beautifully.

The gear changes are just sublime and smooth and mostly barely noticeable. But then they were like this before to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...

What about anyone buying a new car with the DQ200 gearbox now? Are all the problems sorted out now? I believe the 48volt mild hybrid is supposed to help mitigate some issues.

Separately I have read the the mild hybrid uses the DQ200E gearbox but other say it is the normal DQ200 with belt alternator starter.

• Like 1