retyrd

With just 9800 miles we have just had problems with throttle body / management light sorted under S/H warranty , one week on now we have fans on after short run & have to restart engine to make them stop ?, am i correct in thinking that the fans are linked to the EGR assembly or ? no codes are showing , wot next i wonder ?.

As above. I find normal tick over on my 2.0 diesel is around 850rpm. If I see idle speed of about 950/1000rpm before turning off I know I will hear the fans run for a regen.

Colin

thanks for that , just a  bit concerned will continue to monitor also when in neutral if i try to rev the motor 2500 is the max ?

Cheers

42 minutes ago, retyrd said:

thanks for that , just a  bit concerned will continue to monitor also when in neutral if i try to rev the motor 2500 is the max ?

Cheers

That sounds right if stationary.

1 hour ago, retyrd said:

Cheers

Correct, that is what is supposed to happen.

WE BOUGHT THE YETI IN MARCH 17 WITH 5500 MILES first reg September 14 , it now goes a lot better than we first got it , previous car was MK6 GT tdi Golf  so we did not expect it to be as quick, we feel that the Yeti is better in many ways and suits our needs very well, we did not have the fix done on the Golf as we thought it would be spoiled ! the Yeti has had the fix prior to our buying it , I was not surprised at the Sooty Throttle ,

cheers

2 hours ago, retyrd said:

I was told when I noticed this on my  previous car ( a diesel x-type Jag) that this 'feature' is to prevent damage to the Dual Mass Flywheel and clutch assembly.

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/10/2017 at 09:11, retyrd said:

WE BOUGHT THE YETI IN MARCH 17 WITH 5500 MILES first reg September 14 , it now goes a lot better than we first got it , previous car was MK6 GT tdi Golf  so we did not expect it to be as quick, we feel that the Yeti is better in many ways and suits our needs very well, we did not have the fix done on the Golf as we thought it would be spoiled ! the Yeti has had the fix prior to our buying it , I was not surprised at the Sooty Throttle ,

cheers

The first owner was crazy, why buy a new diesel and only average 2200 miles per year.  That's equivalent to a 3 mile journey twice a day.

I recommend you use super-diesel to help clean off residual deposits that would have built up with all those cold engine journeys.

Not always the purchasers fault.

We bought a car from a relative years ago that had only done 6k in two years. However that was 6k in 6 months, then 18 months not used due to illness, before fiunally accepting that he would not drive again.

I must admit that i was not surprised as the car was not as responsive as i had expected having had a mk6 golf tdi  for 30,000 miles , but all is good and we do like the Yeti very much and it is going well