Marvel - Thor: Ragnarok

ColinD

• Administrators

Went to see this film, if you want a chuckle.... heartily recommend it. All good fun :)

Nice escapism for a few hours. Watched 2d big screen, not imax blah. More digital artists than I can recall, few fun cameos too, I think.

Trailer with some spoilers, so don't click play if you're going to watch it ;) Maybe do play, if you have no idea what it is and how green screen acting is nowadays.

Edited by ColinD
  • Like 3

Trying to get the boy to go but he's not very interested. Bit young for this yet.

I heard they'd lighted the tone a bit from devious po faced Marvel movies and made it more like Guardians.

Which is great since I've really enjoyed the two Guardians films.

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Hoping to watch it this weekend. Nothing like a bit brainless action and humour for a couple of hours of fun

Isn't that what Briskoda is for? 

Kinda bored of Marvel superhero films, these days. Too many and I never read comics so I don't know who half the Avengers all are... and the DC versions aren't even good!!

I do like the characters of Iron Man and Thor, although that's probably just down to the actors.

1 hour ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Kinda bored of Marvel superhero films, these days. Too many and I never read comics so I don't know who half the Avengers all are... and the DC versions aren't even good!!

I do like the characters of Iron Man and Thor, although that's probably just down to the actors.

I've been waiting for decent (See The Amazing Spider-Man (1977) for the opposite of decent)  Superhero films since I first read Spider-Man in my TV21 comic.  The present batch are reasonably good ( agreed with Aspman that the Guardians are the most fun ) - This one is on my list to see - my daughter seems to like Thor (and Racoons).

I could never get my head around DC comics superheroes (except Batman) they always seemed more unbelievable than Marvel's efforts and ever so slightly naff.

Edited by io1901

The recent DC films have been a bit hit and miss. Batman’s are good, Superman needs to drop the dark elements. I liked the Suicide Squad except for Cara whatever her name is who can’t act to save her life. The surprise was Wonder Woman which was really good. 

The latest Spider-Man was a big disappointment though from Marvel. Preferred all the others to that version if Spider-Man 

• Administrators

Definitely closer to guardians humor than a batman world is black flick.

None of the hybrid batman, wonderland team up to go shopping films have even got me to watch a trailer. The concept just seems too stretched, too much like cling film wrapped dollar signs being sold as toys.  

A film either needs to be thoughtful, escapism, or humour, not many can be all.

I was going to say plausible... When told a skull was a dragon skull I did ask, but where did they get it from. Apparantly some think they didn't exist. So plausible is a pretty wide brush for my imagination.

A gun toting racoon, could happen. Let's roll with it.

Enjoy, be safe.

Really enjoyed it, as Colin said it’s a laugh. Lots of sending up of themselves, a fair few cameos and references to the other films with a good splattering of action. 

• Like 2

Loved the film.

Went to the Cineworld Superscreen showing as got seats for the Star Wars double bill and wanted to try out the seats ;) 

Thoroughly enjoyed Thor but it baffles me how many people left as soon as the credits started... the fools!