BMW 330e M Sport

planehazza

30 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Order signed off by myself and the contact in school. Insurance forms/declarations signed and sent to the lease people. It's just awaiting approval by them, and then the waiting game begins :D

:thumbup: excellent. 

Really interested in how you get on with this. Secretly hoping that our company stick some hybrids on our CC list for when I replace in 12 months, even more so if there was a Touring version available.

Good choice.

• Like 1

Thanks.  It hasn't 100% formally gone through yet, as it's at the point where they have to check all the forms and approve the order. My license is clean, as are my named drivers', so all should be fine.

2 hours ago, Coops said:

:thumbup: excellent. 

Really interested in how you get on with this. Secretly hoping that our company stick some hybrids on our CC list for when I replace in 12 months, even more so if there was a Touring version available.

Good choice.

Mines a Company Car, just waiting for my Tax Code to catch up and then get my pay rise :)

On 09/11/2017 at 12:49, Coops said:

Unless you approach the lease company direct perhaps?

attachment.php?attachmentid=332979&d=126

That's an F10 5 series, last few posts have been around the new G30 5.

Agree the G30 5 series is much nicer than the F30 3 series, and a generation newer too...

13 minutes ago, ahenners said:

That's an F10 5 series, last few posts have been around the new G30 5.

Agree the G30 5 series is much nicer than the F30 3 series, and a generation newer too...

Twas to show the colour - Sophisto Grey :thumbup: I agree the new G30 is better looking.

2 minutes ago, Coops said:

Twas to show the colour - Sophisto Grey :thumbup: I agree the new G30 is better looking.

Ahh makes sense now, seemed a bit random! Lovely colour though B) I'd love a 530d xdrive touring, pretty much all the car anyone needs! This hybrid stuff doesn't appeal as much with no BIK to worry about.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

530e running well. Did about an hour's drive from Newcastle to Northumberland in Sport mode with a heavy right foot. Drove back driving sensible in Auto eDrive mode and the whole day averaged 50MPG.  Can't really argue with that.  

Coming in this morning, I was driving purely on petrol in urban stop start traffic. 23MPG wasn't too horrific.

• Like 1

How bizzare coming across a BMW 330e thread on a skoda forum!.... ;)

Ill hopefully have a 330e Msport being delivered in the next month or so - ordered thru NHSfleet.. however seeing some of the issues others have had with orders being cancelled etc im not holding my breath until its actually on the drive.

Personally i would have plumped for the 530e - as it was only a small amount extra per month for a higher spec car. but its very much overkill for whats effectively a city commute car lol, and the missus drew the line.

Ill update this thread when (IF) it arrives!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neo_VR said:

How bizzare coming across a BMW 330e thread on a skoda forum!.... ;)

Ill hopefully have a 330e Msport being delivered in the next month or so - ordered thru NHSfleet.. however seeing some of the issues others have had with orders being cancelled etc im not holding my breath until its actually on the drive.

Personally i would have plumped for the 530e - as it was only a small amount extra per month for a higher spec car. but its very much overkill for whats effectively a city commute car lol, and the missus drew the line.

Ill update this thread when (IF) it arrives!

Not sure what issues you speak of?  I have the 530e on NHS special offer - Sophisto grey, 14k a year, ~£380.  Epic car.  I'm saving about £80 a month on fuel compared to my Octavia TSI VRS, as I do most of my work commute on electric (about £12 (fuel and leccy) a week as opposed to £30) so mine theoretically costs £300 a month.  That's just a little more than what the Skoda averaged me with Insurance and repairs etc.  No brainer for me :)

The 530e was recently on special offer again, but I it's no longer there :(  

Edited by planehazza

@Neo_VR

If you have a look around here, going from a skud to a beemer is possibly in the top 3 marque changes across the longer term membership here :D

Its really the only logical change if financially a viable option :D

5 hours ago, planehazza said:

Not sure what issues you speak of?  I have the 530e on NHS special offer - Sophisto grey, 14k a year, ~£380.  Epic car.  I'm saving about £80 a month on fuel compared to my Octavia TSI VRS, as I do most of my work commute on electric (about £12 (fuel and leccy) a week as opposed to £30) so mine theoretically costs £300 a month.  That's just a little more than what the Skoda averaged me with Insurance and repairs etc.  No brainer for me :)

The 530e was recently on special offer again, but I it's no longer there :(  

The 330e was around £320 on special offer (compared to £354 for the 530e - this offer only disappeared this week) however one catch is BIK rates getting hiked over the next couple of years from 9 to 16% so the cost will increase.

On other forums there have been people who have ordered as early as july/aug last year who had their orders cancelled in december for unspecified reasons and were told to re-order (theres a very long thread on PH about it) - They are in massive demand (as a company car tax-fiddle) and are stopping production shortly along with the Merc 350e and Golf GTE and etrons because the new WLTP emissions/economy stuff.

With us it was a bit of an impulse purchase - I have a Leon Cupra on lease due back in nov, and she has a pug 208 coming up to 3 years old -  given 99% of car journeys we are both in one car we decided to drop down to one "main" car (and maybe a weekend toy for me! lol) - admittedly the plan was for later this year closer to me handing back the cupra.

We had been looking at BMWs - specifically a 320i or similar as we dont do the mileage to justify a diesel, and decided to check out her NHS scheme - never paid it much attention before as she said that her colleague was paying 250 per month for a corsa! - I didnt realize it also included insurance and maintenance!

I saw the 330e on the specials page, for less £ than it would cost for a mid spec 320i on PCP - so decided to go for it.

Now ive researched the car a bit more, it should suit our lifestyle very well - our commute is 12miles round trip in city centre, so that can be done full electric, compared to ~24mpg in my leon... Its got plenty of geek-factor for me, its fast and RWD, and she gets a BMW on the drive! lol.......  

and hopefully can be a stepping stone to getting a full EV in 3 years time!.

So yeah.. Im looking forward to getting it! :-D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neo_VR said:

The 330e was around £320 on special offer (compared to £354 for the 530e - this offer only disappeared this week) however one catch is BIK rates getting hiked over the next couple of years from 9 to 16% so the cost will increase.

On other forums there have been people who have ordered as early as july/aug last year who had their orders cancelled in december for unspecified reasons and were told to re-order (theres a very long thread on PH about it) - They are in massive demand (as a company car tax-fiddle) and are stopping production shortly along with the Merc 350e and Golf GTE and etrons because the new WLTP emissions/economy stuff.

With us it was a bit of an impulse purchase - I have a Leon Cupra on lease due back in nov, and she has a pug 208 coming up to 3 years old -  given 99% of car journeys we are both in one car we decided to drop down to one "main" car (and maybe a weekend toy for me! lol) - admittedly the plan was for later this year closer to me handing back the cupra.

We had been looking at BMWs - specifically a 320i or similar as we dont do the mileage to justify a diesel, and decided to check out her NHS scheme - never paid it much attention before as she said that her colleague was paying 250 per month for a corsa! - I didnt realize it also included insurance and maintenance!

I saw the 330e on the specials page, for less £ than it would cost for a mid spec 320i on PCP - so decided to go for it.

Now ive researched the car a bit more, it should suit our lifestyle very well - our commute is 12miles round trip in city centre, so that can be done full electric, compared to ~24mpg in my leon... Its got plenty of geek-factor for me, its fast and RWD, and she gets a BMW on the drive! lol.......  

and hopefully can be a stepping stone to getting a full EV in 3 years time!.

So yeah.. Im looking forward to getting it! :-D 

Makes perfect sense.  I don't really understand how the BIK stuff works, but I don't think it's changing until 2020.  I have to give mine back in Feb 2020 so I might luck out and be able to get another similar car before the rates go up.  Assuming it works like that...

My daily commute is ~13 miles so I just manage it on a full charge.  I was using Max E drive, but I've managed a little better in Auto mode, as about 4 of those miles are on a dual carriageway.   I have the same thoughts about EV too. Hoping that by 2020  fun EVs are cheaper and more accessible.

14 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Makes perfect sense.  I don't really understand how the BIK stuff works, but I don't think it's changing until 2020.  I have to give mine back in Feb 2020 so I might luck out and be able to get another similar car before the rates go up.  Assuming it works like that...

My daily commute is ~13 miles so I just manage it on a full charge.  I was using Max E drive, but I've managed a little better in Auto mode, as about 4 of those miles are on a dual carriageway.   I have the same thoughts about EV too. Hoping that by 2020  fun EVs are cheaper and more accessible.

The BIK for PHEVs is 9% for 2017/2018 (which will have been calculated in your current monthly cost quote) but goes up to 13% for 2018-19 and then 16% for 19-20 - the new tax system based on emissions and battery-only range starts april 2020 which i think is 14% for the 330e.

So basically it means the tax you will pay (the amount your tax code will be reduced by) will almost double over next 2 years.

Its also worth bearing in mind that the tax code change can lag behind by up to a year, so its entirely possible that you will still owe the taxman for this car in 2021.

See http://www.nextgreencar.com/company-car-tax/bik-rates/ for more info

Edited by Neo_VR

1 minute ago, Neo_VR said:

The BIK for PHEVs is 9% for 2017/2018 (which will have been calculated in your current monthly cost quote) but goes up to 13% for 2018-19 and then 16% for 19-20 - the new tax system based on emissions and battery-only range starts april 2020 which i think is 14% for the 330e.

So basically it means the tax you will pay (the amount your tax code will be reduced by) will almost double over next 2 years.

Its also worth bearing in mind that the tax code change can lag behind by up to a year, so its entirely possible that you will still owe the taxman for this car in 2021.

See http://www.nextgreencar.com/company-car-tax/bik-rates/ for more info

I'll need to double check with HR, but given that it's a salary sacrifice scheme, I'd assume that once I've maid my 24 monthly payments, all is done with?

19 minutes ago, DaveI said:

I'm still loving my 330e! :biggrin:

Any pics of your 530e planehazza?

No good ones. Usually just the ones I take after I've washed and waxed it :D

IMG_20180105_122122.jpg

IMG_20180203_114158.jpg

IMG_20180217_172913.jpg

IMG_20180105_173707.jpg

IMG_20180105_173745.jpg

IMG_20180105_173756.jpg

Edited by planehazza

11 hours ago, planehazza said:

I'll need to double check with HR, but given that it's a salary sacrifice scheme, I'd assume that once I've maid my 24 monthly payments, all is done with?

Not necessarily...

Your salary sacrifice part may stop when the car goes - but it will depend when mr tax man decides you have paid enough BIK tax and changes your tax code back. - The HMRC view car salary sacrifice schemes the same way as company cars for tax purposes.

The 5' looks great btw!!

16 minutes ago, Neo_VR said:

Not necessarily...

Your salary sacrifice part may stop when the car goes - but it will depend when mr tax man decides you have paid enough BIK tax and changes your tax code back. - The HMRC view car salary sacrifice schemes the same way as company cars for tax purposes.

The 5' looks great btw!!

I had a feeling that might be the case, especially when my first 'payment' was only £266 instead of the quoted £384.

So if NHS have quoted £384pm for two years (2x 384 = £9216) does that mean I may pay more overall? 

33 minutes ago, planehazza said:

I had a feeling that might be the case, especially when my first 'payment' was only £266 instead of the quoted £384.

So if NHS have quoted £384pm for two years (2x 384 = £9216) does that mean I may pay more overall? 

Sent you a PM... 

Looks awesome, the new 5 series interior is a couple of classes above the current 3 series in my opinion!

Mine lights up blue inside as well, think that's an 'e' thing?

5 hours ago, DaveI said:

Looks awesome, the new 5 series interior is a couple of classes above the current 3 series in my opinion!

Mine lights up blue inside as well, think that's an 'e' thing?

Probably blue for e, seems to be the trend.  The 530e has a choice of about 10 colour options, but they're not super fancy.  I'm hoping there's a way to code in more colours.