MOT question

Gregorry

Technically it could fail as the tyres are protruding beyond the bodywork, but as to whether it would be spotted is anyones guess, same as to whether  an eagle eyed Mr Plod will notice and stop you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

Technically it could fail as the tyres are protruding beyond the bodywork, but as to whether it would be spotted is anyones guess, same as to whether  an eagle eyed Mr Plod will notice and stop you.

whos Mr Plod ? 

I know that probably what will happen but im trying to keep them , talking to a guy who maybe can change et for me , not sure if he can machine that much of but worth a shot . 

Do you know any other deeper wheels what could fit ? Im looking every where and there is nothing ....  

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:32, Kenny R said:

On construction and use regs, yes, but on MOT as long as they aren't catching on any steering, suspension or bodywork components, and comply with the tyre size/axle and tread depths, then shouldn't be a problem. As you correctly state, an eagle eyed copper, versed in the correct C&U regs could in theory pull you up on it due to the protrusion, as they would class it as a pedestrian injury risk.

So they are 17" 7.5J ET28 on Maxxis 225 50 tyres 

But I manage to make them fit better , changed front tyres to 215 45 and rear is 225 45 and it fits quite nice now :) 

If some one will want to change the ET to bigger number , contact this guys http://www.tttoolsltd.co.uk/ they where really helpful and said that for cutting up to 7mm they will charge about £35 per wheel if more 10-15mm it will be about £120 per wheel as they will need to machine some bits to make them secure . 

I was wondering to do that but they where quite far and when I read abut it most of people was against it . 

Now just need to clean my car .... :D

20171115_082612[1].jpg

20171115_082619[1].jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Having different size tyres front/rear is not recommended,

Your new front and rear tyre sizes have different rolling circumference and may cause the ABS to misbehave due to the rotational difference in speed between the front and rear axles. However the difference is only small, so you may get away with it.

I like the wheels, but think they could do with being bigger.

New tyres I have taken off cos they didnt fit ,

I got different front witch I got part worns for £10 just to check if they will fit and they did :) , so now when replacing I will go 215 45 front and rear . 

3 hours ago, mannyo said:

I like the wheels, but think they could do with being bigger.

I like those 17s and want to keep my car with estate capabilities 

Also if any one needs 225 50 17 tyres those new maxxis are for sale :)