wiper blades

I fitted my set of Bosch A860s blades this weekend (cost me 22gbp including postage to Switzerland :) )

Took less than 60s to fit & its amazing the difference with the 3-year old ones previous on the car.

The passenger side blade looked about 10mm larger than the original one from the car, but seems to work fine without interference anywhere.

Might just be me, but my OEM blades lasted for 3-years before I replaced them with Aero's. The Aero's are now in worse condition after one year than the OEM's were after three. The Aero's are great when new, but lack stamina on my car.

I wipe my blades clean every time I wash the car.

Many thanks for your comments but IF you READ IT CAREFULLY  you would see I refer to the Wiper ARM and not the blade.   I have been perfectly satisfied in the past with various brands of blade and consider them to be very little different in performance but a VERY great deal different in the price charged  -     Lidls and Aldi blades at  approx. £4 a pair  were quite satisfactory  and you could change them several times over for the price of  one of the Big Brands.   If you want further "proof"  see how difficult  the car manufacturers are making the "fittings" and personalising their own  replacements.    Years ago  you could  buy new  blade rubber    by the yard   -  cut it  to length - and  re-fit yourself.   They are now cleverly designed to thwart this.  But thank you for your interest..  Incidentally I have been driving for over 60 years  and am ex Police "Advanced" so I DO have some experience.

50 minutes ago, Orville said:

Might just be me, but my OEM blades lasted for 3-years before I replaced them with Aero's. The Aero's are now in worse condition after one year than the OEM's were after three. The Aero's are great when new, but lack stamina on my car.

I wipe my blades clean every time I wash the car.

I agree, mine are about 6 months old and are already leaving a couple of fine lines at the top of the screen so not a MOT failure but annoying.  I have carefully cleaned the screen just in case there are some drops of residue which are causing this, I take care of the blades with careful cleaning but suspect that the blades aren't as good. 

On 13/11/2017 at 14:56, Nonrev said:

Many thanks for your comments but IF you READ IT CAREFULLY  you would see I refer to the Wiper ARM and not the blade.   I have been perfectly satisfied in the past with various brands of blade and consider them to be very little different in performance but a VERY great deal different in the price charged  -     Lidls and Aldi blades at  approx. £4 a pair  were quite satisfactory  and you could change them several times over for the price of  one of the Big Brands.   If you want further "proof"  see how difficult  the car manufacturers are making the "fittings" and personalising their own  replacements.    Years ago  you could  buy new  blade rubber    by the yard   -  cut it  to length - and  re-fit yourself.   They are now cleverly designed to thwart this.  But thank you for your interest..  Incidentally I have been driving for over 60 years  and am ex Police "Advanced" so I DO have some experience.

Yeah but you ain't the original post that everyone is replying too...so there is nothing to READ IT CAREFULLY unless you start your own thread? :happy:

• Haha 2

Just fitted the Bosch ones.  So far very pleased.  The main plus (apart from the obvisious quality of the wiper blades), was the fact they came with the correct fittings for Skoda & VW wiper arms.  As a result they are a very easy to fit.  In the past I have tried using the multifit ones from supermarkes, but they are never a good or easy fit.  Given the cost of ruinning a car the twenty pounds or so,  I paid for them was very good value.

• 4 years later...
On 12/11/2017 at 20:54, CCTaylor said:

It worth trying to clean the blades with vinegar. Just take a piece of kitchen paper and soak it in vinegar. Rub it along the blades and it removes a lot of the contamination restoring the blades efficiency.  Doesn't always work but worth a try.

Just had the same problem.  Cleaned the windscreen numerous times, then tried vinegar and it at last seems to be better.