O3 FL High Beam Assist - VCDS Autoscan

On 25/11/2017 at 17:13, aki78 said:

Just found the coding in this document.

You need a V2/Hex-Net cable to code the 4B module. :speechless:

Thanks for that. I've come across the site in the past, but had forgotten about it!

Found another site with information on activating on the FL O3: http://www.vcdsschweiz.ch/en/activating-dynamic-light-assist-dla/

Seems to be some additional/differing information in there, with particular regard to STG 4B, where it suggests that you need to code Byte 10, Bit 6. 

Who to believe...?!

Edited by Gizmo
screenshot removed

8 hours ago, andyvee said:

Try both out :) you can always reverse the changes

Tried both, but no joy. Get an error for light assist and a headlight error.

Anyone know how to recalibrate the headlights? http://www.vcdsschweiz.ch/en/activating-dynamic-light-assist-dla/ suggets to "Do the basic settings for the headlights". I tried a factory reset, but it didn't do the trick.

Point to note also, that the latest beta of VCDS has long coding info missing from the current release.

Edited by wg100

On 25.11.2017 at 22:24, wg100 said:

Thanks for that. I've come across the site in the past, but had forgotten about it!

Found another site with information on activating on the FL O3: http://www.vcdsschweiz.ch/en/activating-dynamic-light-assist-dla/

Seems to be some additional/differing information in there, with particular regard to STG 4B, where it suggests that you need to code Byte 10, Bit 6. 

Who to believe...?!

@aki78 I'm glad, that you use my list, but it is not allowed, to post screenshots of it. 

In the future, please don't post any screenshots of it

Edited by djduese

26 minutes ago, djduese said:

@wg100 I'm glad, that you use my list, but it is not allowed, to post screenshots of it. 

In the future, please don't post any screenshots of it

@djduese I plead Not Guilty! Originally posted by @aki78... But I'm sure no harm was meant.

Having said that, any idea how one can reset a dynamic range control error which has appeared after attempting to code HBA?

Just a quick note for anyone following this, that I think I may have cracked it. Will have to wait until tonight when it gets dark to go for a drive and see what happens. The HBA light comes on without any errors now!

6 hours ago, djduese said:

Which error you have?

Had a dynamic range control error appear on the Maxidot when the ignition was on. 

Within VCDS, this was the fault which was found

1 Fault Found:
0032 - Headlight 
          C107E 54 [137] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 180
                    Mileage: 7036 km
                    Date: 2017.11.26
                    Time: 19:24:30

I ended up going into the basic settings within Module 4B to reset the headlights. The fault then disappeared. I will be taking the car out this evening to check that it is all working as it should!

• Like 1

In the process of writing how I did it. The calibration issue turned out to be a non-issue in the end, as the headlights weren't adjusted, I just went into basic settings and accepted the 'changes'.

It cleared the error and I can't see any difference in headlight performance.

Edited to note:

I went onto Erwin and downloaded furiously for an hour this afternoon. Reading into the headlight calibration, it would seem that unless the headlight module has been physically changed, there would be no need to adjust the calibration settings as nothing has moved. Therefore the steps outlined in the post below should suffice for clearing the fault code without any undue consequences... IMHO.

Edited by wg100
Additionl comment
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wg100 said:

I took the car for a drive last night and can confirm that High Beam Assist can be programmed onto an MY18 Octavia 3 as follows:

Requirements:
VCDS: 17.10 beta
HEX-V2 or HEX-NET in order to access controller 4B
A5 camera (You already have Lane assist or Traffic Sign Recognition)

Full LED headlights

Procedure:

• Ensure light switch is off
  • Conduct a soft reset when accepting each change
  • Reset Light menu to factory settings after coding to display new menu option

Controller 09 - Central Electrics
Security Access - 16: 31347

Adaptations  - 10
- Search for Fernlicht to narrow down the options
- Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkeinstellung: Set to PRESENT
- Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent: Set to PRESENT
- Erwiterte Fernlichtsteuerung: Set to AFS: FLA: FERNLICHT UEBER AFS
Menu option for "Light Assist" should be available in the Lights section of the Car settings menu (may require a factory reset of Light menu).

If you want HBA to remain active, with light switch in Auto, then code the following
- Fernlichtassistent Reset: Set to NOT ACTIVE

Controller A5 - Front Sensor
Coding (using experimental coding values)

-Byte 19, Bit 0-3 (00 FLA_Additional_High_Beam,no_Additional_High_Beam

-Byte 19, Bit 4-7 (20 FLA_Headinglight_Type,LED)
-Byte 21, Bit 5-7 (20 AFS_coding_Light_Assist,High_Beam_Assist)

Controller 4B - Multifunction Module
Coding (using experimental coding values)
-Byte 11, Bit 6 (High Beam Assistance,Enabled)

You may get an error pop up regarding Headlight Range Control. To clear this, go to Controller 4B, Basic Settings. 
-Basic Headlamp setting -> Go
-Acknowledge basic setting -> Go

@Black_Sheep it seems it can be done, well done @wg100

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Well done mate - you've led the way.

That's what the desire to get something for nothing (nothing except the purchase of a Hex-V2...!) can do for you!

• Haha 1

Do you have any issues with the message that your Module hasn't been initialised yet? 

Mine wanted to initialise the 09 module but wouldn't accept the Equipment Code being 000000 which is what it is set to currently so I backed out?

33 minutes ago, djduese said:

I would never use 12345. This make it easy for your dealer to see, if it was coded by some private person. That could make problems, if you have something for guarantee

What would you suggest as an alternative then?

Just now, wingzee said:

Well done mate.

Any idea how to code the threshold for activation and deactivation speed?

No sign of the speed adaptation channels on my MY18 O3. Feel free to have a look at my rosstech thread with admap and blockmap of controllers 4B, 09 and A5 to see if you can garner anything useful. http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12531-Skoda-Octavia-Scout-2-0TDi-4x4