New owner here

Mikeyd1

The Skoda mudflaps are quite small but do help in keeping mud off the sills. If you are wondering whether to go with mudflaps and some other external accessory or Smartlink Then no contest - go with Smartlink. Perfect coordination with your Smartphone to give you all the driving aid apps on your car radio Display. Music, SatNav etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Expatman said:

The Skoda mudflaps are quite small but do help in keeping mud off the sills. If you are wondering whether to go with mudflaps and some other external accessory or Smartlink Then no contest - go with Smartlink. Perfect coordination with your Smartphone to give you all the driving aid apps on your car radio Display. Music, SatNav etc.

Thanks mate I'll ring around for some prices

2 hours ago, Mikeyd1 said:

Thanks mate I'll ring around for some prices

I think you will find it is a "fixed" price from your Skoda dealer - £150 I think - but you might be able to negotiate if you can find an amenable dealer.

Edited by Expatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikeyd1 said:

Rang one in Colchester it's £136 but u have to order it first from parts and when the code or whatever comes in they load it on car. 

That's the way it works. Basically they are activating a system that is already built in. Might seem expensive but Smartlink is really worth having, choice of smartphone SatNav apps, parking apps, music etc. All displayed and controlled from the radio display.

• Like 1

Hi here again. Looks like I have a minor oil leak looks to be coming from oil filter it self. And also have a slight intermittent knocking /rattleing sound when I'm in sport mode at about 3000rpm. So now booked it in for the 13th as I can't get down there so someone has to pick it up. So so far my yeti experience has not gone to plan. The excitement is now gone and have a headache instead. Lol

• 1 month later...

Hi guys quick update.everything is going good with yeti. Just after washing it I have found zinc incursion thing on my door sill. I went to skoda and they said that won't come under warranty as it's in a bit external area. They said sills and door shuts are a grey area and it won't get any worse so don't worry about. I don't really want new paint on my car for something so small witch is in a hidden spot anyway. My question is will it get any worser? And if it will get can I just chip off the head it and use paint chip over it.  There is 3 small ones the biggest Is only about 4

mil big

20180110_134117.jpg

Edited by Mikeyd1

Thats rubbish. You need to get them to accept liability before they burst. Once burst they will claim it is stone chip damage.

Don't touch it, as if you open it up you will never get them to repair it.

This is a well known issue and many have had substantial repairs, including in some cases all the door replaced.

46 minutes ago, Urrell said:

What has caused all those scratches?

Them scratches u could hardly see with naked eye. Zoomed in on camra with a flash. the plan was after winter getting it moped and detailed. The dealer offered to to do it but I said no thanks as a I no a guy.

6 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Thats rubbish. You need to get them to accept liability before they burst. Once burst they will claim it is stone chip damage.

Don't touch it, as if you open it up you will never get them to repair it.

This is a well known issue and many have had substantial repairs, including in some cases all the door replaced.

The thing is i can keep pushing for them to do it. But if i can help it i would rather no new paint on my newish car as I have had problems in the past with new paint I don't want them to make a pigs ear of it. I would rather have as much factory paint as I can. That's why I wanted to know if this is likely to spread or get worse. Also they tried saying it was a bit of dirt under paint. I had to physically show them some posts and picture's of these forums.

Yes it will get worse.  & the rest of the panels need properly inspected.

& see what the 'Body Inspection reports' at Main Dealership Servicing showed.  Those Inspections are part of Main Dealer Servicing.

The repair required is to Factory Finish, or actually better because the finish now was from the factory and preparation fault.

So if new panels are required they get fitted and sprayed.

The whole procedure is known to Skoda UK because the fault is well documented and there has been a few years of dis-missing many owners.

56 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Yes it will get worse.  & the rest of the panels need properly inspected.

& see what the 'Body Inspection reports' at Main Dealership Servicing showed.  Those Inspections are part of Main Dealer Servicing.

The repair required is to Factory Finish, or actually better because the finish now was from the factory and preparation fault.

So if new panels are required they get fitted and sprayed.

The whole procedure is known to Skoda UK because the fault is well documented and there has been a few years of dis-missing many owners.

Ok I'll give them a call tomorrow and tell them I'm not happy with there decision and saying it won't get any worser. New car experience had gone right down the pan. Mine is right on the door sill aswell. I suppose if it gets painted down there it won't be much noticeable 

Edited by Mikeyd1
Mispelled

It will get worse. It will burst and then what is a bubble will soon become rust which once you have you will never get rid of without cutting out metal or replacing sections of the car.

As has been said the "it won't be covered" line is standard and many dealers trawl that one out.

INSIST they put in a claim to VAG on your behalf - no matter how much they doubt your chances of success. That's what I did - and guess what, a month later I had a Yeti with FOUR BRAND NEW DOORS installed.
And an apology from the dealer.

Just been dealers they took picture's to send off.one guy said he would just leave it as he don't think it will get any worser and the guy I spoke to yesterday. Stated the same he thinks it's just dirt trapped under the paint even after another long conversation about zinc inclusions, he reckons cause it's on the sill and not on the doors they have never seen it on a sill before.

• Like 1

?

Who was the guy, a workshop manager, technician, service desk staff or paint / body shop technician.

I hope you had him put that in writing with his name and formal qualifications and job title, and signature.

So he has never seen the door bottom rubbing before on a Yeti. Or anything on the sills!

Needs to go to Spec Savers, (maybe did and needs to go someplace else)

or maybe he just has not worked for long enough in at a Skoda Dealership doing inspections 

of Yeti with corrosion issues. (maybe needs trained to do Bodywork Inspections.)

The_three_monkeys.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

8 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

?

Who was the guy, a workshop manager, technician, service desk staff or paint / body shop technician.

I hope you had him put that in writing with his name and formal qualifications and job title, and signature.

So he has never seen the door bottom rubbing before on a Yeti. Or anything on the sills!

Needs to go to Spec Savers, (maybe did and needs to go someplace else)

or maybe he just has not worked in at a Skoda Dealership doing inspections 

of Yeti with corrosion issues. (maybe needs trained to do Bodywork Inspections.)

The_three_monkeys.jpg

He was meant to be the paint warranty guy. So how would they repair that just new paint as it's on the sill?

Maybe their everything 'Warranty Manager'.

So you inspect the car in very close detail, see if you find anything else.

If it is just the one corrosion spot then good, if the car has not needed paint work before for the corrosion problem good, 

it will be a simple repair with what you have shown, but then someone qualified should be inspecting the car and deciding what it needs, 

someone with the gear and more of an idea that can measure paint thickness and the likes.

You do not accept 'Kerb Side Auto repairs though',  the Mobile paint refinisher many Dealership have joey / touch up Sales Vehicles, 

You want VW Approved repairer doing to a 'Factory Finish / Spec' or what the Factory Spec should be when Quality Control is not on their holidays.

You have a paint Warranty & a Corrosion Warranty so any work needs to be done to the standard, and then since the Warranty Provider knows there are issues early on, they can not dismiss if there are more in the future.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Maybe their everything 'Warranty Manager'.

So you inspect the car in very close detail, see if you find anything else.

If it is just the one corrosion spot then good, if the car has not needed paint work before for the corrosion problem good, 

it will be a simple repair with what you have shown, but then someone qualified should be inspecting the car and deciding what it needs, 

someone with the gear and more of an idea that can measure paint thickness and the likes.

You do not accept 'Kerb Side Auto repairs though',  the Mobile paint refinisher many Dealership have joey / touch up Sales Vehicles, 

You want VW Approved repairer doing to a 'Factory Finish / Spec' or what the Factory Spec should be when Quality Control is not on their holidays.

You have a paint Warranty & a Corrosion Warranty so any work needs to be done to the standard, and then since the Warranty Provider knows there are issues early on, they can not dismiss if there are more in the future.

Thanks mate. He did have a paint thickness gauge thing and didn't not say it's had work done so I assume it hasn't.but he didn't check round the rest of the car but I have and have not seen anything else.

• Like 1