Cabin fan works but often no air comes our

All fitted and back together. Checked the menu for the Evap temp and it read 07.0 so a bit different to 33.6 from the other day. Anyway, just ran the car for half hour or so and the fan was working ok. Time will tell I suppose but for now everything seems to be well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My new G263 arrived today, at last! I compared resistances at various temperatures and found my old sensor drifted at all ranges but especially so at low temps. Hence the Climatronic didn't know the evaporator was freezing. Sod's law dictates that the evap sensor is a different type to the others. Attached is a quick chart so anyone can measure the G263 and decide whether it's going pear shaped. Proof of the pudding will be a longish journey this weekend.

IMG_20171130_170347.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Longship said:

My new G263 arrived today, at last! I compared resistances at various temperatures and found my old sensor drifted at all ranges but especially so at low temps. Hence the Climatronic didn't know the evaporator was freezing. Sod's law dictates that the evap sensor is a different type to the others. Attached is a quick chart so anyone can measure the G263 and decide whether it's going pear shaped. Proof of the pudding will be a longish journey this weekend.

IMG_20171130_170347.jpg

Everything seems fine with mine now too. I was in the car for a while yesterday and the fan was working fine. A big thanks to you Longship for your help. You saved me a bit of money and just before Xmas too ;

Team effort guys.

I think there's been a variety thermistor types used for this sensor. That graph I extrapolated from a post on an Audi forum, but it does closely match my new sensor.

Hope the OP chimes in with a happy ending.

Having similar problems after re-gas ("re-charge") of a/c on an 50k miles 2011 Octavia 1.4 TSi. Have had the car since Feb 2015 and the a/c and heating have always worked without problems until now. However, now and with or without the a/c being on the heater appears to work OK for a few minutes to half an hour then suddenly goes haywire and starts to pump out very hot air continuously, and nothing will stop it except turning whole a/c and heater system to off. This fault started immediately after the re-gas by our dealer, Marshalls in Kidlington, Oxford at end of October 2017. When I took it back to inquire about the fault, the service manager told me that it "could not be anything to do with the aircon recharge as nothing mechanical is touched during this service", and that it would cost me £200 plus to have the car checked by them. To rectify the fault when it occurs he advised stopping the car, turning ignition off and waiting for a while then re-starting (which suggests it is in fact a known problem and needs the chip or whatever to be re-set by the starting mode). Others on this list have suggested that a faulty temperature sensor is the cause.

My suspicion is that this is a known Skoda/VAG fault and that it is entirely possible that it may be triggered by re-charges of the aircon system. If this is the case, what's the chance of getting Skoda to rectify it? I've made a formal complaint to Skoda UK, so will see where that goes.

Unfortunately for once I'm in agreement with the garage here. I can't see what they couldve done to the car during a regass to cause a sudden spike in temperature like you mention. Unless they havnt filled it with enough refrigerant but even then that wouldn't cause your symptoms. Your issue does sound different to ours though. We were experiencing a sudden drop off in blown air through the vents. Like the fan speed had been turned down to 1 but on say fan speed 5. 

By all means go into the garage and complain in the main reception quite loudly. I'm sure you'll get help. Ask to speak to the manager if need be explain the car was fine before the regass. They might diagnose the fault for free.

However, while not comletely ruling it out, it doesn't sound like your G263 sensor is at fault here.

• 11 months later...

Hi all! I have the same problem, but there's a twist. Sry for the long post but I feel I have to say all of this so I contribute to the topic and you see if my problem can be fixed in the same way you guys dis.

It seems like a gradual degradation.

My Octavia 2004. worked just fine (bought it 2015.) then, this summer it took about 10min for the AC to start pumping cold air. It was just blowing outside hot air, but eventually got there so ok.... I thought it just needed a refill of the coolant. Then the AC started to "stumble". Working ok when it kicked in and then variing in flow - from full to nothing and inbetween, like it was gasping for air.... At this time without AC (AUTO) on the flow was ok so I had some kind of ventilation, but a month ago all flow stopped and wouldn't kick in AT ALL. Tried to select head/feet, changing setting around and still nothing.

Then i realised it blows only on RECIRCULATION (cabin air).... needless to say the glass started fogging up pretty fast and I realised I wouldn't like to drive like that now that cold weather is here - with the windows down and on recirculation only :/

I had it for some repairs (told him to check this out as well) and the guy must have reset it at some point bcs my clock is off. It worked well and the guy told me I should have just removed leaves from my intake... :/ srsly.... worked for exactly a day and again back to nothing.

The same as other people here - you hear the fan blowing like a jet engine but nothing comes out.

Also - I've been hearing the clicking noise very often since I got the car and couldn't find the answer to what it was but I kinda think that that could the vent. valves going crazy and wondered if all that work could break them....

Thx for reading and tell me what you think.

Cheers!

• 8 months later...

Sorry to raise an old thread but I have the same problem as described earlier in this thread i.e. cold AC airflow starts fine then drops to a trickle after a while. Where I can get a G263 sensor from?  Can anyone let me know the ordering details please (mines a 2004 Octavia mk2).

Thanks

2 hours ago, halfv8 said:

Sorry to raise an old thread but I have the same problem as described earlier in this thread i.e. cold AC airflow starts fine then drops to a trickle after a while. Where I can get a G263 sensor from?  Can anyone let me know the ordering details please (mines a 2004 Octavia mk2).

Thanks

It may not be the G263 sensor as a working Climatronic system will reduce the air flow substantially once target interior temperature has been reached. What happens when you change the required temp down by a few degrees, or better still, to LO?

I know what your saying but this is different. I was out in the car for a couple of hours today and when setting off I had lovely cold AC air, but after a while there was virtually no airflow through any of the vents even with the fan set to maximum. I could detect a tiny trickle of air icy cold with my hand pressed up to the vent, but something is stopping it from blowing into the cabin. I was sweating for the second half of the journey and had to open the windows, it's definitely a fault. It's been doing this for a month or two, but It's only a bother on long journeys. I was thinking perhaps it's a misbehaving flap but the posters above have described the exact same problem.

I've got a 5hr round trip tomorrow so that'll be fun!

Edited by halfv8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello halfv8 ,

Can u share me details of how you have replaced the g263 in mk2 ? i have 2008 1.9PD octavia ii and having AC issue .. looks like needs a G263 replacement but dont have an idea where the sensor is located and how to get it replaced..

Some pics and details will help me..