Anyone dealt with Skoda Uk over warranty?

Some of you may of seen on the Facebook page that Im having a few issues with what I believe are warranty cases on my car.

My car is a 2016 Octavia vrs with the following issues........

Centre cap corrosion x 4

Wheel corrosion x 1

The main issue I have is that on 3 of the four seats there is stitching coming apart. I think this is totally unacceptable on a car lees than two years old.

I had the car in with the dealer for a service and a look at the bits above and this was their response.....

Centre caps: yes there is corrosion but not enough to replace under warranty ??

wheel : yes there is corrosion but there is also sings of kerbing on the wheel : (Its not even in the same vicinity)

Seats : To be monitored? what does that mean??

Ive got Skoda uk involved as Im not happy to be honest and I was just wondering if any of you have had to get Skoda involved in warranty cases?

If so did it help at all?

One of the suggestions was to toake it to a different dealer, problem is all of the dealers locally are part of the same franchise.

White Worm / Corrosion of Alloy Wheels is well covered if you do a search, on many models.

Your Manufacturers Warranty is what covers it, and do not let Dealers or Skoda UK CS say over 6 months / 6,500 miles so not covered.

(External Environmental influences / damage wheel chipped / kerbed, ie Wheel Washing, driving a car on a road, acid rain etc,  or just poorly finished Wheels and trim not up to using on a road vehicle, members here / owners do get wheels replaced, and caps,  Seat wear more difficult though.)

Skoda UK Customer Services are into 'Just say no' these days,  the Skoda / VW way.

Skoda UK Customer Services is who you get involved as they Import the cars, 

dealers sell them, look at Warranty Issues, get permission from Skoda UK to do Warranty Work & Replace Parts.

Read your Warranty Document that you got if you bought new, or any if bought as a used car.

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf 

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Ive looked at the warranty book and I think they may use the wear and tear section to cover the seats. However I would argue against this as its not in an area where you expect wear and tear to happen. 

Im quite happy to take this further if I dont get the results Im after as I feel these issues should not be happening on a car less than two years old and 20k miles.

• Like 1

Maybe do a Briskoda search.

I have seen far worse than that knoocked back, i know there were Fabia MK2 Interior wear issues and members that had Independent Expert reports and did get replaced backs or bases to seats because of bolster wear.  Others no chance, as jeans wearing, work wear etc.

One member i personally know got the Passenger Seat replaced as the wear was where his hand scuffed the passenger seat and he did not wear a ring.

But then he was a Dealership employee...

Odd how Dealership Employees or related family sometimes get better satisfaction from Warranty Claims than other Customer / Owners.

One other difference is Lease Cars, ones going to be inspected before returned at end of lease, they often get an easy Warranty fix, 

obviously those leasing are going to say, if the Manufacturer says fair wear and tear then so must the Lease Examiner.

Edited by AwaoffSki

The areas on the seats that is affected is not where there would be bits on your jeans rubbing etc. On the rear seat its on the back rest where my 10 year old lad has sat less than once a week since the car was new.

I was involved with Skoda UK trying to get some good will gestures on the infamous 2.0 TDI waterpump failure. Their response was that they trust their retail network (dealership) and if the dealer say it's not a warranty claim, then they will only do a few phone calls to establish this, good will passing the buck if you will.  I'll never buy Skoda again, that's for sure.

Skoda UK's line is that they don't have access to the car so they trust their dealership service centre to provide the assessment. The dealership will have to put in the man hours to fill in the paperwork to claim back the warranty work they've carried out. Meaning there is all the incentive for the dealership to fob you off and not deal with the claims.  (or try to rip you off by claiming brake disk+pads needs replacing)

The sooner we get rid of this stupid way where dealership acting as gate keeper to car manufacturers the better. Dealerships have their own bottom line, their objectives are different to a car manufacturer. Dealership is here to take the cut along the way. Whereas a car manufacturer will have the brand image they want to keep.

If you are not happy with your vehicle, a dealer will have to report to car manufacturer to look for solutions, and fill out paperwork to claim money from a different organisation. Whereas if you were able to go directly to the manufacturer's service centre, chances are they'll have less paperwork and more interested in fixing your problem.

There are Area Warranty Managers and they will be into Dealerships and you can arrange to have a vehicle in when they can inspect it.

Dealerships can have pictures taken of wheels and forward to the Warranty Claims at Skoda and they can decide if they want a Warranty Manager to inspect them.

Its been going on for years now with Diamond Cut wheels and crap coatings, nothing new, 

just a new Brand Director back to Skoda after being away working at VW and Parts Warranties and Call Handlers and Communications manager following the Skoda / VW Management line. 

Treat the customers like mushrooms. Keep in the dark, shovel with sharn, and say 'Case Closed'.

592fa83ba00c1_imageproxy(1).jpg.9882b17315d4b765630641cbb427f2e4.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

You could always go and park outside the main dealers with a big sign saying “Speak to me before you buy”

Have your car, show some potential customers your cars robust build quality and tell them Skodas response.

I’d imagine they might become helpful.

Sometimes a bit of legal direct action works wonders!

I dont understand why the dealer is reluctant to change them? 

I should hopefully here back from Skoda UK today. I sent pictures to them on Monday and they said they would speak to the dealer yesterday and find out their side of the issue.

For the seat stitching issue would it be wroth me taking the car to a car upholsterer and get them to inspect it and write a report?

I just dont know what my next move is if Skoda UK side with the dealer?

My wheel centre caps have some white markings, just like my MkII. I asked for replacement at the 2 yr point and the dealer fobbed me off  with 'damaged by detergent'. I replied that it was the usual poor materials. What I should do is get a VRS set from Pastyboy, if he still does them, I had a set on my MkII as per the picture below, which were superb, they glued onto the old centre caps and had no 'detergent damage' when I sold it about 3 years later. The picture was taken the night before I sold it at 8 years old, having bought it from Skoda direct 7.5 years previously. The refurbed wheels were unmarked after 2-3 years use. 

image.jpeg

The thing Skoda UK said to me was to take it to another dealer for assessment. Try a different dealer franchise or a smaller family run dealer for an assessment, then ask Skoda UK to contact that dealer. If the 2nd dealer says it's a warranty claim, chances are Skoda UK will twist arms of your supplying dealer.

At least that was the impression I got from my waterpump good-will attempt. I never chased it through as the car was out of warranty and I was expecting to for the timing belt next year.

24 minutes ago, renton said:

I dont understand why the dealer is reluctant to change them? 

Dealers are refusing warranty claims without contacting Skoda UK because the hourly rate for warranty work reclaimed by the dealers is far less than the Dealer rate for Non-warranty work.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Dealers are refusing warranty claims without contacting Skoda UK because the hourly rate for warranty work reclaimed by the dealers is far less than the Dealer rate for Non-warranty work.

You could be right there mate. If that is the case then that is a poor show on the dealers part.

Skoda should be looking at caring for their customers after they have bought cars not trying to upset them.

There is no Additional 'Labour' time required on the Wheel Centres if the car is in for a Major Service and the Tech was removing wheels but then likely you are paying a Service and no wheels are coming off, so no popping the wheel centre out from behind, just the picking out, the picking out that can cause 'Alloy Wheel Centre damage then white worm.

Great if you get 'New for free wheel centres',  but really they are cheep enough as to just buy them if you need them.

As to White worm of Diamond Cut  / lacquered or painted wheels, if the 'Centre Bore' Wheel Cap causes the Corrosion, then Skoda are going to have to have the wheels inspected and prove 'Not a fundamental, design, manufacturing, material or workmanship failing' 

Seeing as they are a Design & Manufacturing etc etc, they are stuffed, they just have customers / owners having to have the same argument year after year.

As to Interiors, yes get a Expert Opinion and Report, if Skoda want to argue they can get there Experts Report before you take action, 

if you are going that far.

45 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

There is no Additional 'Labour' time required on the Wheel Centres if the car is in for a Major Service and the Tech was removing wheels but then likely you are paying a Service and no wheels are coming off, so no popping the wheel centre out from behind, just the picking out, the picking out that can cause 'Alloy Wheel Centre damage then white worm.

Great if you get 'New for free wheel centres',  but really they are cheep enough as to just buy them if you need them.

As to White worm of Diamond Cut  / lacquered or painted wheels, if the 'Centre Bore' Wheel Cap causes the Corrosion, then Skoda are going to have to have the wheels inspected and prove 'Not a fundamental, design, manufacturing, material or workmanship failing' 

Seeing as they are a Design & Manufacturing etc etc, they are stuffed, they just have customers / owners having to have the same argument year after year.

As to Interiors, yes get a Expert Opinion and Report, if Skoda want to argue they can get there Experts Report before you take action, 

if you are going that far.

Its all very well that wheel centres are cheap to buy however I shouldnt have to pay out to replace them when they are covered under Skoda warranty.

That is fine, get them under Warranty then,  but there is no Warranty Labour charge the Dealership is claiming off of Skoda, 

just they want Credited for the Centres. So keep on fighting for the right to party without Crappy wheel centres. 

Dealership Service Desk Employees & Workshop Managers seem to think they are Gate Keepers to the VW Groups Billions of Profits.

3 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

That is fine, get them under Warranty then,  but there is no Warranty Labour charge the Dealership is claiming off of Skoda, 

just they want Credited for the Centres. So keep on fighting for the right to party without Crappy wheel centres. 

Dealership Service Desk Employees & Workshop Managers seem to think they are Gate Keepers to the VW Groups Billions of Profits.

The point I'm trying to get across is,

When my 230 was in and out of the dealers, trying to fix the grinding sound at the front it had thousands of pounds of parts thrown at it to try and fix it.  The Techie spent 10's of hours putting/removing part from the car.  The service manager told me that the labour is reclaimed from the factory at a fraction of the price that would be paid if I was paying for the work to be carried out myself, hence dealers are refusing warranty work without contacting skoda hoping the Customer will just walk away and take it on the chin and pay. If they spend an hour or 10's of hours on labour, some one has to foot the bill