Wine, " where is it from ?.........

Auric Goldfinger

I can never remember what country any wine we buy comes from, and can only remember a couple that I like.  We buy a few bottles every time we go to Bridport (Palmers wine store).  One bottle I chose a couple of month ago came in at a hefty £15 (much more than we usually spend).  Mrs V6TDI has written '£15' on the label.  We've been married 27 years, and I know this biro mark means I'm not to open it :shake:

Gaz

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

How have we've lasted 34 years.

Made me think; we made 34 years last September and never realised it! Boiled  frog syndrome?

On the conversation topic, I get the sense of collision rather than collaboration when that happens ;)

SpagBol was a great guess. I wouldn't have got Chilli from the clues either.

Chile I mean.

Reminds me I should make a start on the Xmas wine lake. There's a lot of South American red waiting in the shed, and only me with the combination.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

After 47 ( or is it 48 years- perhaps memory loss is sinking in ), we have decided, we don't like wine unless one of us has picked the elderflowers and the other has made it. So wine is out. As the lady in at Aldi ad said- I prefer tea ( but Mrs V does like her Vodka), we prefer spirits. :D 

V6- I know the problem.

Camel- I'm just waiting to get at Mrs V Xmas cake with added to keep ingredient ( brandy )

And -AG- after 47 years, it don't.

Admittedly on being asked where a wine came from I'd probably answer with the supermarket as well.

We did have a nice Pinot Noir from Lidl on Saturday.

I don't drink, but am pretty good at picking wines for the Mrs.

Pinot Grigio has gone all fashionable, meaning many of those you've not heard of will now be just cheap nasty tat... or even expensive nasty tat.

Sancerre has stayed reasonable, but I introduced her to Viognier a while back and even though she can never pronounce it, she does like it!

On 12/9/2017 at 21:54, Auric Goldfinger said:

So I'm sat vwatching Tv, I've opened a bottle of Wine which Mrs G bought today The conversation goes something like this.

" Mmmmmm this reds nice love, where's it from "

"Grapes"

• Like 1

For  those that like it, it's more "where's it going" Short answer" down the  throat":blush