Skoda Scrappage Scheme

Parked

Hi Guys,

Ive come late to this forum and Skoda.

I was looking to buy a new Superb for cash.

I was trying to do a quick deal to make use of the Skoda scrappage scheme as I have an old qualifying diesel. On a new Superb I'd get £4k scrappage for my old diesel. But to get this I would need to order by 31st December (I could do this) but car has to be registered by 31st March 2018. With current build times this may not happen, so I would not get the scrappage.

A dealer suggested taking out a PCP deal, getting the £3k discount on this, selling my car privately (I would get over £1k) then settling the PCP deal early after only paying a couple of months interest.

Any of you guys with more knowledge than me know if this is ...

1 Legit

2 Would work

3 Have any unforseen consequences

Thanks

Parked

1 Yes    :nod:

2 Yes    :nod:

3 Depends if you get over a grand for your old car, if yes, then No    :shake:

My son bought a car on similar tearms  ( no trade in thought ) Took out a PCP to get the discount, as it was on finnance he got a 5 years warranty and 5 years RAC cover then paid off the finance the next week.    Sorted

:speechless: Just had anther check on my Carwow price and maybe I havent been so clever.

The PCP price is £800 less than the cash price, but unfortunately for me "includes additional finance deposit contribution of £3000" so if I am correct if I went PCP route the car would cost me £3200 more than paying cash price after getting scrappage of £4k......................................Bugger!:sad:

28 minutes ago, Parked said:

:speechless: Just had anther check on my Carwow price and maybe I havent been so clever.

The PCP price is £800 less than the cash price, but unfortunately for me "includes additional finance deposit contribution of £3000" so if I am correct if I went PCP route the car would cost me £3200 more than paying cash price after getting scrappage of £4k......................................Bugger!:sad:

Skoda are offering a Contribution of £3K on a Superb using a PCP,  they pay the £3K, not you..........

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Hi Auric,

Yes I understand that.

What I didnt appreciate until studying my prices was that the PCP price from Carwow already included this discount.

So I had two prices from CarWow one for cash, one for PCP

As example Cash price £20800

PCP Price £20000 ( includes additional finance deposit contribution of £3000)

So if I got £4k scrappage cash price £16800

PCP with no scrappage £20000

So if I cant get scrappage now I'd be £3200 worse off although I would still have my old diesel.

I am right arent I?

Thanks in advance for reading lots of boring figures :)

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year Guys,

Skoda have extended their scrappage scheme to June 2018, this has enabled me to become a Skoda owner as I am getting £4k for my 11 year old diesel.

Learning a lot from reading the forum and hope to be able to contribute in due course.

Parked