Clear wheel arch protector

Madrunner

Afternoon all !

need your help. The self adhesive clear protective patches fitted in front of the rear wheel arch - where on earth can I order a genuine part on line ?

car had a repair to the offside rear door and the dealer has replaced it twice and made a proper pigs ear of it so I'm just going to replace it myself properly.

thanks for your pointers.

best wishes to you and your families for an awesome Christmas.

cheers Dave

I would think the dealers would be the best bet. I had to have one fitted when I scrapped Mrs G Fabia a few years ago. The body shop fitted it using water which allowed it to be positioned correctly, then dabbed with a dry clean cloth to remove the excess water. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

My first car was made without these. Retrofitted as a recall later due to all the stone chip damage the cars were getting. I think they were part of the original off road pack, but all cars needed them fitted.

I sympathise as they weren't fitted very well, the bit going around the door edge coming unstuck after a few weeks. Seems to be difficult to do out of the factory?

Next two Yeti had this fitted during manufacture and no issues with them so far

Hi! Have you checked out the Yeti Technical Guides Section LINK You will find a lot of exceptionally good information there!!

If you do check there, you will find the following guide (LINK) to fitting them and the relevant part numbers. You can order the parts direct from one of the online suppliers, such as HERE or a local dealership.

Hope it helps........Tony

I have applied the rear bumper protector film, Skoda part from dealer. Best advice is to apply it on a warm day, use plenty of water and take your time! Worth watching videos on YouTube before you start. 

Also don't forget to mark it out as well.

Good luck.

If having problems you could try a local sign writer. The vinyl that they cut [via a computer guided cutter] is very resilient. An ex neighbour of mine used to do this and said the vinyl when stuck to the floor on the entrance to shops would last 18+ months of heavy traffic before needing replacement. The same stuff would also last 3 or 4 yrs of daily washing when applied to the windows of shops.

Colin

Not hard for a professional working at an approved body shop, 

so just have the Work Shop Manager or principal have a look and agree that their employee might be lacking in the basic skills.

They can have a competent body shop technician do it correctly, that is what you or the insurance is paying for.

38 minutes ago, Madrunner said:

Painting is perfect but they just cannot get the film on without being full of bubbles and dirt. It can't be that hard !!