Wrong alloys on new car..

Picked up my new Octavia VRS in race blue on Friday. Annoyed that it has silver Gemini’s on. I ordered my car in October and a month later the dealer said he could maybe get the car earlier than March (quoted del date) if I ordered a cancelled order. I had a few options but chose a race blue car which was totally standard with no options. I asked to have the black pack on but this could only be done at the dealer for which I paid extra for. I got the order receipt and it just says VRS dsg.

I got got a call that the car would be ready before the new year instead of early January as advised.

i made it clear to the dealer that I hadn’t ordered silver Gemini his response was they are the standard wheels and that anthracite was an option. Now I knew this was wrong and made it known to him I wasn’t happy. I drove off in the car because I needed to use it as mine was already returned.

ivw sent him an email asking them to change my wheels but exactly were do I stand? Has anyone resolved such an issue.

aside from the wheels the car is brilliant..

E57D5BCB-A84E-4F6D-B1D4-17B2B3B4908E.jpeg

I am guessing that you are only left with the option of requesting a goodwill gesture and if successful, use it to have the wheels 'refurbed' to the colour you want. It's no compensation to you but I think that the silver alloy look is coming back into fashion after quite a few years of grey and black alloys and they look quite striking against the Corrida red and not bad on the Race blue. 

To add my tuppence worth:

you wrote: " I asked to have the black pack on but this could only be done at the dealer for which I paid extra for. "

When you pay for something, you enter a legal contract. If the goods you paid for haven't been supplied, you can either: 1) ask for your money back or 2) ask the dealer to supply the goods or 3) buy the wheels yourself and claim the total cost via small claims court.

If you really want those wheels best option is to ask dealer to honour the contract and if they refuse, tell them you're taking option 3.

Good luck.

Dasan, only you can say what you really want, but Race Blue with Anthracite is pretty common. 

Race Blue with Silver is different and, IMO, may look better.  

Take a pause and be sure before you enter into weary negotiations. 

Perhaps post some pics of your car & see what the forum members think?

Good luck either way. Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Dasan, only you can say what you really want, but Race Blue with Anthracite is pretty common. 

Race Blue with Silver is different and, IMO, may look better.  

Take a pause and be sure before you enter into weary negotiations. 

Perhaps post some pics of your car & see what the forum members think?

Good luck either way. Cheers. 

I’ll post a pic tomorrow.

If it's not specifically listed on an order form, I think you're going to have a bit of a battle getting the wheels replaced with anthracite ones. Do stand your ground and tell them that you want what you asked for/ordered. Good luck!

Haven't seen the silver version in person, but the anthracite version is diamond cut. I'd be wary of accepting a refurb rather than replacement as diamond cut alloys are difficult to refurb.

Edited by ahenners

The same thing happened to me when I ordered my car. L&K has antrasite wheels as standard, but mine came with silver ones. It was the car seller fault and he fixed it, even though it took several months.

He just ordered an another Octavia with the antrasite wheels and changed them over to my car when it arrived. 

I've ordered a Green VRS with the silver gemini alloys as a no cost option as I think they suit the lighter colours much better, I'd class the lighter colours as the green and the race blue but having not seen the silver in person I won't know until I take delivery in around 5 weeks. I'll be very interested to see the pictures of your new car.

3 hours ago, Scot5 said:

To add my tuppence worth:

you wrote: " I asked to have the black pack on but this could only be done at the dealer for which I paid extra for. "

The Black Pack done by the dealer will only be Window Tints fron the " b " piller backwards and the rear screen.  The glass will be tinted with film, not Sunset glass which is actually coloured Glass from the Factory. Black Mirror covers and a black grille.  Hope you haven't paid much.

My Ex 63 plate Vrs had the same done, problem is when you pull the dealer sticker off it pulls the tint off with it. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

41 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

The Plack Pack done by the dealer will only be Window Tints fron the " b " piller backwards and the rear screen.

Sorry, I don't know much about Skoda specs. Well that's a game changer. If the buyer didn't specifically request those wheels then that's no fault of the dealer. There would have been a get out clause, if the goods supplied weren't what the customer expected then they could go for rejection, but as soon as the customer accepts the car, i.e. signs for it, then there's no legal come back. 

The dealer may show goodwill but I can understand if they refuse if it means being out-of-pocket thru no fault of their own.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

Sorry, I don't know much about Skoda specs. Well that's a game changer. If the buyer didn't specifically request those wheels then that's no fault of the dealer. There would have been a get out clause, if the goods supplied weren't what the customer expected then they could go for rejection, but as soon as the customer accepts the car, i.e. signs for it, then there's no legal come back. 

The dealer may show goodwill but I can understand if they refuse if it means being out-of-pocket thru no fault of their own.

Black Pack Plus includes wheels as well, Basic Black pack no wheels

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I will stand corrected but are the 18"Gemini's in anthracite Diamond cut, I thought only the 19" Xtremes were diamond cut

55 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes, they are which is a pest. Can’t wait to have mine refurbed black!

Well I've learnt something today, thanks Sasha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I will stand corrected but are the 18"Gemini's in anthracite Diamond cut, I thought only the 19" Xtremes were diamond cut

Yeah diamond cut. A lot of people seem to hate on diamond cut but I actually quite like it. There's something about the way the light bounces off it and they shine when clean which you just don't get with normal alloys.

Unfortunately an absolute pig to Refurb and you can only do it a few times. A garage made a mess of one of my Geminis doing a tyre repair. They ended up replacing the wheel with a new one as it was easier.

As I thought!! @Dasan the silver looks really, really good with the Blue. You should keep them and get another concession, as above. 

A service plan or extended warranty!