Wheel Center Caps Wear

Anybody else had their Wheel Center Caps wear? My car is only 13 months old. Cleaned it today and notice all 4 are pealing around the edges.

I know I can buy new ones of Super Skoda, but that is hardly the point. Anybody else had theirs peel after such a short period of time? Should I try and claim under my warranty with the dealer?

wheels.jpg

Yes Simon they are a common issue and covered under the warranty (don’t let the dealer tell you otherwise) if they refuse to play ball then call SUK (I can give you their details) and they will get the dealer to change them FOC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every Skoda I've ever owned (4, soon to be 5) suffered from whiteworm on wheel caps and front/rear badges. Changed no questions ask, but the replacements go just the same in a few months. :dry: They are effing expensive if you were to buy them.

New car, they are coming off and I will apply something around the edge where water seeps in, maybe silicone grease. TBD.

Edited by xman

On 7/1/2018 at 22:57, hpoom said:

Can you link to black ones please.

I have found matt black but not gloss. Plain gloss black would look great with the wheels I have.

These are what I will be putting on anyway. 

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/Wheels/Center-wheel-caps-with-new-2012-logo-original-Skoda-Autoas-MONTE-CARLO-black-version-F9R

• 3 months later...

My Superb Mk2's have done it - I never bothered getting them replaced as I knew the same would happen with the replacements.  Car going back on Saturday - picking up the Mk3 - so I'll be sure to mention to our Sales person that they need replacing (just out of warranty).  I wonder if the dealers swap them when they go back for re-sale?

Wonder if its worth taking them off and clear spray lacquering the Mk3's centre caps for a bit of protection?