Superb MkIII facelift

Images of the redesigned bumper of the facelift 2019 Superb, have been published on Czech fan pages. 

Photographs confirm reports that the facelift Superbu retains the shape of the current headlamps, but with a new bumper design. The headlights will feature a new Matrix LED technology, thus turning off the individual LEDs. The interior expected to include a digital instrument display.

I’m certain this is the sportline facelift given the black highlights. 

The shape of the cooling holes in the bumper has changed and will be surrounded will by chrome details. More chrome will also be used at the back above the registration marker linking the tail lights.

The top line will have a front bumper that will be different in size, so that its clearly recognizable. 

Expected to be unveiled at the Paris motor show in Oct and to go on sale in January 2019.

C73762C9-5881-4A07-A299-1AE2C2D6443E.jpeg

38039079-8BBE-49F8-ADAA-0B31C97494E0.jpeg

45CA3422-8846-407A-ABCD-96375BF41FC5.jpeg

• Like 2

I hope the matrix LED headlights work well, because I'm disappointed with the xenons in my MK III.  They don't seem as bright as the headlights I had in my Superb MK II.

1 hour ago, Bule said:

I hope the matrix LED headlights work well, because I'm disappointed with the xenons in my MK III.  They don't seem as bright as the headlights I had in my Superb MK II.

I totally agree. I don't rate the bi-xenon lights in my sportline much.

That's because in the Mk II you had a halogen bulb beside the Xenon light for the long beam. It was brighter and spread around the light because of the halogen bulb.

With the bi-xenon you only have the same source for short and long beam which is well defined on the horizontal.

On a bad weather, like rain, the halogen has its advantages being warmer.

You may try to use the fog lights and a pair of yellow glasses.

Edited by kpk1

10 minutes ago, kriva said:

Well, somebody’s gotta start this discussion: I wonder whether the lights will be retrofittable...

Pretty sure if they're going to be Matrix no. From my guess central computer is adapting lights motors (turning them) and mirrors, so its highly likely that Matrix (multiple LED lights) would be compatible with same electronic signals. 
If that makes sense. Its different tech. 

2 hours ago, kriva said:

Well, somebody’s gotta start this discussion: I wonder whether the lights will be retrofittable...

Looking at the pictures the headlights shape/size has changed for example there is no gap between the headlights and air vents. I would assume it’s a def no unless you change the front bumper too. 

The Digital display could be retrofitted as seen on the Passat and Chinese kodiaq

Aaah, but you know that's not how it works.

Carmakers and their dealers need 'fresh' stuff to sell; especially in the UK right now, dealers will be pretty desperate.

As for an "updated 280": I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it morphs into a 290 (my bet) or 300; except, of course, this could only happen in tandem with the Passat - is that also due some minor cosmetic surgery?

52 minutes ago, eurotraveller said:

Aaah, but you know that's not how it works.

Carmakers and their dealers need 'fresh' stuff to sell; especially in the UK right now, dealers will be pretty desperate.

As for an "updated 280": I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it morphs into a 290 (my bet) or 300; except, of course, this could only happen in tandem with the Passat - is that also due some minor cosmetic surgery?

I kinda agree with you and it would be nice with 300bhp but not that much difference to what we have now.  A simple map, which is what I am going to have done by R-Tech, and it will be 350bhp anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 280 was dropped you know. Environmental concerns, mpg, moving to hybrid cars or full electric.  I don't want that just saying.

If there is a 300bhp version on the horizon I maybe first in line, I was going to keep mine for a good while, 10 years, then jump on the electric band wagon as that is where the market is going to end up long term for sure.:dull:

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2018 at 07:19, 2SHEA said:

My current PCP deal is due to end in January 2019 so I'm starting to look at my options. Under that I have a 2016 Vrs Tdi.

I was thinking of upgrading to a superb sportsline 190bhp but was wondering is it due a facelift soon?

Hi 2SHEA, I'm in the same boat. Currently have a 161 Vrs Tdi Quartz Grey Combi, xtreme alloys, kessy, full leather, chrome package, sunset glass, panoramic roof. Love it, but looking at changing early 2019 for either a Superb Sportsline or Kodiaq Sportsline.

Does anyone know if your PCP is up, can you extend it for a year or so in order to wait for a model to be released (i.e. a facelift or even the MK4 Octavia)?