Edition questions

Englando

Just now, vadimo said:

can it be deleted from build?

My guess is no, they seem very rigid in terms of what you can change. I don't understand why diesels don't have it but petrol do.  Thought it was for the 19" wheels and a design choice for the 4x4s to make them more rugged looking.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cjrp said:

I can't actually picture what the "body cover on wheel arch" looks like; does anyone have a photo of it? Thanks

Yes, tricky to find examples.  I thought the wide wheel arch had the black trim around the wheel arch as I'm sure I've seen Karoqs without this trim.  But the review cars online which have usually been diesels all look like they have that trim. 

Edited by Englando
Updated

Just now, Englando said:

My guess is no, they seem very rigid in terms of what you can change. I don't understand why diesels don't have it but petrol do.  Thought it was for the 19" wheels and a design choice for the 4x4s to make them more rugged looking.  

ok, common sense would say it should be on 4x4 models or optional within body protection pack

I test drove the 1.5 TSI Edition (19in 235x40 R19 tyres) last week and must say it was very smooth and quiet.

I had the car for about an hour and deliberately took it over reputedly the worst maintained tarmac in the UK (Hampshire) and it behaved very well.

It went along badly rutted forest tracks better than my Yeti 4x4 and was also somewhat quieter on smooth tarmac at 70.

There was some tyre whine (Pirelli P7s I think), but not as much road rumble type noise as the Yeti.

There did not seem to be any of the problems mentioned in the early test reports and I'm not certain I'll miss Dynamic Chassis Control either.

Incidentally, it did have the wider wheel arches mentioned earlier - essentially a plastic wheel-arch skirt to catch some of the muck thrown up by the wider 2wd tyres.

(the 2wd version also has an 8mm longer wheelbase than the 4x4 which must put the wheel in a slightly different position in the wheel arch - I can't imagine that alters things too radically}

I was sufficiently impressed that I ordered one at the beginning of this week and I've been given a week 8 build date - so hopefully delivery at the end of March. Can't wait.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the report, sounds like the 19” wheels don’t have a negative effect then. 

Are the wider wheel arch things shown in the attached pic? Almost like mudflaps on the back?

193A0F68-B452-4985-B61A-E4EB9FB1B425.jpeg

Just took delivery of my Karoq 2.0TDI DSG 4x4 Edition.

The ride is very smooth, handles the road rather well. Plenty of clearance between wheel and arch.

Also driven the Karoq1.0TSI SEL manual, with the 18” wheels. Very smooth and minimal road noise, also very smooth and relaxing drive.

8C90EBB3-A49D-4370-A3A3-3A4234BDD7B3.thumb.jpeg.7277d21e99737740aa10abb4b94aadc2.jpeg

Edited by Scuba Steve 827
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scuba Steve 827 said:

Just took delivery of my Karoq 2.0TDI DSG 4x4 Edition.

The ride is very smooth, handles the road rather well. Plenty of clearance between wheel and arch.

Also driven the Karoq1.0TSI SEL manual, with the 18” wheels. Very smooth and minimal road noise, also very smooth and relaxing drive.

8C90EBB3-A49D-4370-A3A3-3A4234BDD7B3.thumb.jpeg.7277d21e99737740aa10abb4b94aadc2.jpeg

can you tell me your timeline of ordering? my one is going to be build next week, its a whole week process but then how long did you wait to receive the car?

6 hours ago, cjrp said:

Very nice! Would you be able to tell me what sockets it has in the back? Single 12v cigarette, or does it have USBs too? Thanks

In the boot, x1 12V socket and rear passenger area x1 12v socket,  no usb’s sockets in the rear.

6 hours ago, vadimo said:

can you tell me your timeline of ordering? my one is going to be build next week, its a whole week process but then how long did you wait to receive the car?

Hi Vadimo,

I originally ordered a Karoq SEL 1.0 TSI, in November 17.

Test drove the 1.0 TSI SEL manual, last week. Then had a chance to swap the order, with a car they had in stock, same colour.

I know my original was going to be built this week, should receive around late jan, early feb. 

The sales manager ordered a Karoq 1.0 TSI SE Tech, build week one. Found out it was built last Thursday and it was in the UK,, by Monday this week. Now that is quick.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vadimo said:

For me, I ordered on 10th January with an earliest delivery forecast to be in mid-April. I'd prefer it at the end of March, but that is the earliest the dealer expected it. I noticed that when I test drove the car last Saturday he was talking end of March / early April and by Wednesday when I ordered was talking mid April. Order books filling up?

54 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

For me, I ordered on 10th January with an earliest delivery forecast to be in mid-April. I'd prefer it at the end of March, but that is the earliest the dealer expected it. I noticed that when I test drove the car last Saturday he was talking end of March / early April and by Wednesday when I ordered was talking mid April. Order books filling up?

I ordered mine on the 7th and was told end March but likely early April.  Will get official date in a couple of weeks. 

5 hours ago, Scuba Steve 827 said:

In the boot, x1 12V socket and rear passenger area x1 12v socket,  no usb’s sockets in the rear.

Thanks! One last question (I swear!), could you tell me if the rear indicators are LED or halogen please?

Ordered mine 28th December, told delivery expected end of March - should receive a specific date in a few weeks I think.

19 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

The SE L I had they were filament type not LED.

According to the brochure the rear lights on the SE L are meant to be LED although it states "High Functionality"  in brackets. Not sure what that means. 

12 minutes ago, Englando said:

According to the brochure the rear lights on the SE L are meant to be LED although it states "High Functionality"  in brackets. Not sure what that means. 

SE states:

Rear LED lights (low functionality) - assume the standard height break lights

SE L states:

Rear LED lights (high functionality) - assume its the above the boot light

So EDITION will have full LED arse :) 

Edited by vadimo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cjrp said:

Thanks! One last question (I swear!), could you tell me if the rear indicators are LED or halogen please?

Ordered mine 28th December, told delivery expected end of March - should receive a specific date in a few weeks I think.

SEL and above full LED, all around.

4 hours ago, Scuba Steve 827 said:

SEL has got LED highlights.

Sorry I did not make it clear my response was to cjrp question: -

"Thanks! One last question (I swear!), could you tell me if the rear indicators are LED or halogen please?"

it was the rear indicator lights that were of the filament type.

4 hours ago, Scuba Steve 827 said:

SEL has got LED highlights.

Yes I know as I commented on them as part of my "four day test drive" thread.

My L&K SII was one of the first cars from Skoda with LED rear lights and they still came with reversing and indicator plus number plate lights that were of the filament type.

53 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

Sorry I did not make it clear my response was to cjrp question: -

"Thanks! One last question (I swear!), could you tell me if the rear indicators are LED or halogen please?"

it was the rear indicator lights that were of the filament type.

Yes I know as I commented on them as part of my "four day test drive" thread.

My L&K SII was one of the first cars from Skoda with LED rear lights and they still came with reversing and indicator plus number plate lights that were of the filament type.

The edition comes complete LED, all the way round. Headlights, fog lights, rear lights and number plate light, even the interior lights are LED. Also comes with mood lighting and footwell light front and rear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1