Exhaust Inspection Light On

Hi All,

The above appeared Tuesday morning when leaving for work.  I've a 65 plate VRS TDI with 31k on clock.  38 mile round trip for work mainly on motorway so engine gets a good run every day. 

Rang dealer to book in but they can't get me in until Monday - I've included an interim service as part of the visit and asked them to investigate.  When I explained that the light appeared over the phone they started talking me through the manual DPF trigger and so yesterday was spent to/from work in the inside lane of the motorway in 4th gear at around 2.5k revs.  This hasn't cleared the issue so assuming not DPF related?? 

There's no performance impact but then again I'm taking it pretty easy as I'm paranoid it could be something worse.  I wouldn't be overly concerned but I've a 140 mile round trip planned tomorrow.  Should I still be driving it?

Advice appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

This happened on our Scout (MY15) at probably 5 or maybe 7k miles. Wasn't DPF, it was a sensor in the exhaust they had to replace - i don't recall the exact detail but had in my head EGR sensor (but i don't even know if it has one!). I don't recall it being an issue between the light coming on and getting it fixed.

19 minutes ago, mork23 said:

Cheers guys, will give Skoda Assist a shout for starters.  I'm guessing they won't have a portable plug up device to read codes?  Anyone know?

Yeah they will - when I called Skoda Assist they sent the AA, and the first thing they did was plug in the diagnostics.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Useless without.  Yes they / AA have all the gear and more than just an idea, they are 'Trained Technicians' with experience.

Well usually!!

Yeah pretty sure they all attend the same 2 hour course to learn how to be “mechanics”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exeterj said:

This happened on our Scout (MY15) at probably 5 or maybe 7k miles. Wasn't DPF, it was a sensor in the exhaust they had to replace - i don't recall the exact detail but had in my head EGR sensor (but i don't even know if it has one!). I don't recall it being an issue between the light coming on and getting it fixed.

If its in the exhaust it will probably be Temperature or NOx Sensor. Any EGR sensing will be in the Engine bay.

AA have been - P067300 is the code.  Glow plug/cylinder 3 circuit defective.  Apparently could have issues starting which when he mentioned I've had the odd rough start recently.  Hopefully I'm ok till it goes in at Skoda on Monday!  

Cheers for the advice

In this case you should have had the glow plug light or the engine management "MIL" light.

The exhaust system & DPF has a separate lamp when there is a problem with the filter.

Good that it is a simple fix though.