Would blocked pollen filter cause heaters not to work?

Wench

Possibly a silly question, I noticed today that my middle console heaters (either side of hazard button) are not working. 

Yesterday I was grovelling around with the pollen filter to see if it needed changing, I may of course have put it back the wrong way. 

Also, if anyone could give me any clues about how the plastic sliding clips go back on, that would be really useful. They’ve fallen of the plastic that holds the filter in, and I can’t figure out how they go back on :(

Can anyone give me any more help. Plastic tray with new filter gone back in ok, the plastic cover at the bottom just drops off, and the clips don’t seem to clip to anything, they just drop off the tracks on the cover :(

I changed mine this weekend and it was black and full of leaves, but I cannot get one of the sliders back on no matter what I try, it's the side nearest the seat with the longer bit that goes up, any ideas or tips? 

I'd be guessing that you have not got the bottom cover fitting up against the filter housing quite perfectly, it might need moved around a bit, this method of holding that cover on is not a brilliant piece of VW Group design, but it does work, mainly when you are unsure about fitting that cover back on, it is the need to make annoying twisting of your body that makes life just a bit annoying, once you know what is needed you should be able to do it by feel - though still a bit annoying when the clips fall off!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

just wondering if anyone can point me to the location of the cabin filter on a Fabia Mk1 estate please?

or is it same location as my old Octavia and current Superb ie underneath and behind the glove box?

3 minutes ago, Northlodge said:

Hi,

just wondering if anyone can point me to the location of the cabin filter on a Fabia Mk1 estate please?

or is it same location as my old Octavia and current Superb ie underneath and behind the glove box?

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...