MK1 electric windows not working

Bigtone

Both front windows have stopped working on the wife's fabia. The VAG com says it has no electric windows so we reprogrammed it but still no windows working.

The opinion now is that the drivers door motor module is faulty but not 100% sure.

Anyone know of a used unit?

Part number is 6Y2959802, There are plenty of 6QXXXX about on ebay but no 6YXXXXX.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a vRS and managed to knock money off because the electric windows weren't working.

I checked 3 fuses behind the panel on the drivers side of the dash, 46, 58 and 68 (If i remember correctly) and all seemed okay.

I swapped 46 and 58 for new fuses and they still didn't work. I took out 68 and gave the blades a bit of a scrape with my nail and put it back in and they both started working!

From searching here and other forums people are saying that if your car is a bit damp inside then the fuses can become corroded and this affects the contact and stops them working.

Maybe it was a coincidence i did this and they started working but might be worth a try :thumbup:

Thanks for the thought Matt, tried that before but no joy.

Just found a complete motor, correct part number, 30 day warranty, £45 post free from a breakers in Doncaster.

Getting it on Monday so fingers crossed but better than £150 for new part.