VCDS Tweaks for O3FL VRS

15 hours ago, Legend said:

Hi. 

Can anybody help me out with a few VCDS tweaks on my O3 FL VRS. 

In Basingstoke but willing to travel. 

Thanks in advance. 

What tweaks are you wanting to do?

44 minutes ago, Legend said:

N/S Mirror dip, speed limit in dash display, HBA. auto speed leds in  HVAC and the throttle mod if possible. 

I've got a FL O3. You can definitely do Speed limit in maxidot, HBA, Auto fan speed light. Not tried the throttle mod. Can't get the mirror dip to work and I'd question how useful it actually is given comments made by others.

Hi Legend, Can confirm that the coding will work on the FL03 for HBA, TCR(speed limits), Convieneance turn, Lap timer, Comfort seat(electric) on engine off and LED’s on fan speed in Auto. 

Unable to get twin fogs, Tear drop front and back, headlight washer delay on activation and global closing on rain to work yet. Still trying to locate the correct addresses. 

If anyone else has please post...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoboOp said:

Hi Legend, Can confirm that the coding will work on the FL03 for HBA, TCR(speed limits), Convieneance turn, Lap timer, Comfort seat(electric) on engine off and LED’s on fan speed in Auto. 

Unable to get twin fogs, Tear drop front and back, headlight washer delay on activation and global closing on rain to work yet. Still trying to locate the correct addresses. 

If anyone else has please post...

For the rear fogs, you need to select the lamp type as well as instensity. It’s not a step that’s detailed in the guide. 

@sco3ott. Cheers for the insight. Will check it out later. I assume you mean I need to code for LED as well as the intensity increase for the near side rear. 

Any tips on channel description / number to look for would be much appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, RoboOp said:

@sco3ott. Cheers for the insight. Will check it out later. I assume you mean I need to code for LED as well as the intensity increase for the near side rear. 

Any tips on channel description / number to look for would be much appreciated. 

Yes, code for LED as well. Have a look at the coding for the off side and you’ll see what’s what. I’m reluctant to go into more detail, no to be awkward but I don’t use VCDS but OBDeleven. Never used VCDS and while I’m sure they’re pretty much the same I cant be sure. 

Oh, headlight washer delay also works as well.  Honestly can’t remeber where you need to look for that one. I found it by pure accident haha. 

Just got an OBDeleven today. I'm afraid I cheated and used the app which has the coding already done for you. However I did manage to change the indicator from 3 flashes to 5 by myself. Don't ask me how, I haven't got a clue!!!! With the app I did the N/S mirror dip on reverse. This probably moved the mirror about 15mm in the dip position. So I don't think it's going to be of much use to man nor beast. Also knocked the headlight washers off and fuel amount to refill on dashboard. 

@SC03OTT. Thanks will look into that later after work. Will need to check the cluster has LED’s in at the Fog sector as some posts on here indicate that this isn’t always the case. :o:o

@Ozzy25   If you coded the refill fuel amount on the FL03 and it wasn’t the built in coding could you post or at least Admap it? Coding address on mine as per the post is already taken up so can’t change the binary therefore need to know under what description it is on the controller to enable a search. 

Cheers

7 minutes ago, RoboOp said:

@SC03OTT. Thanks will look into that later after work. Will need to check the cluster has LED’s in at the Fog sector as some posts on here indicate that this isn’t always the case. :o:o

@Ozzy25   If you coded the refill fuel amount on the FL03 and it wasn’t the built in coding could you post or at least Admap it? Coding address on mine as per the post is already taken up so can’t change the binary therefore need to know under what description it is on the controller to enable a search. 

Cheers

Ha, I have no idea what you just asked me. Sorry, I used the app with everything done for me as I'm a total computer biff  :blink:

1 hour ago, RoboOp said:

If you coded the refill fuel amount on the FL03 and it wasn’t the built in coding could you post or at least Admap it? Coding address on mine as per the post is already taken up so can’t change the binary therefore need to know under what description it is on the controller to enable a search. 

Cheers

The coding is the same as the pre FL

Both rear fogs coding 

ENG116962-ENG116371-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 - from '0' to '127'

ENG116962-ENG116366-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 - from 'not active' to '32 - allgemeine LED bis 12W '

ENG116962-ENG116369-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 - from 'not active' to 'Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt '

Worked for me.

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Coding maybe but Adaptions map isn't

The part I quoted was in regards of the refuel quantity, this is done under longcoding (not adaptations) and is the same as the pre FL.

It can also be enabled by physically changing the binary code (only to be attempted if you 100% know what you are doing).

The software has also moved on a little since the national meet, this may be why the coding is now shown under the longcode (I can’t confirm that however as this was the 1st FL I have plugged in.)

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I'd have to take you word for that, @WayTooTall found at the National meet, my 245 only has binary code

I can confirm that the latest Beta shows the longcoding now. I've been able to perform the long coding adapatations that previously weren't possible. I too had the issue of binary only when I first got my car in Sept.