Do I need mud flaps?

vadimo

we dont do any off roading or go somewhere muddy

but does it still help to keep the body/fenders clean?

image.png.49e2c73aa73869ef3d8c5643ec83f4af.png

I also think it might look good with the wide wheel arches (black surround trim) ?

image.png.d04bd207fd6da9d74fb46029e84c419f.png

I can only comment on those [very similar] fitted to my Yeti.

They are small but they do make a difference, even if only a little one. and any improvement is a welcome one. They also look correct and do not cost a lot.

Colin

• Like 1

we ordered mud flaps on our Edition as we live out in the sticks and suffer a lot with mud splashes in the winter and tar in the summer. When we collected the car last week, there were no mudflaps on the front as there is currently a shortage. That said, I haven't noticed the mudflaps on the back either so they're either inconspicuous or we've been conned. |Going to clean it tomorrow so must remember to look!!

Got mudflaps for mine for the same reasons as Bowdie. I'm also missing the front ones, which are on backorder.  The rear ones are quite small - the ones on my Fabia were also small, but they seemed to work. 

• 2 months later...
On 29/03/2018 at 19:48, Bowdie said:

Finally got our front mudflaps and rear rubber mats fitted Tuesday

Do you mind me asking Bowdie, was this at your supplying dealer?

I don't think there was anything on the configurator so we didn't spec them with the original order and I forgot to ask.

Picked the car up last week so asked yesterday and the Parts Dept quoted £200 fitted!! I could hear the lad in the background asking "is there much involved in fitting Karoq mudflaps".

The fitted price listed at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/Models/downloads/Karoq-Accessories-Pricing.pdf is £124 and I baulked even at that, never mind obviously made up numbers like £200 :swear:

1 hour ago, Michael G said:

Do you mind me asking Bowdie, was this at your supplying dealer?

I don't think there was anything on the configurator so we didn't spec them with the original order and I forgot to ask.

Picked the car up last week so asked yesterday and the Parts Dept quoted £200 fitted!! I could hear the lad in the background asking "is there much involved in fitting Karoq mudflaps".

The fitted price listed at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/Models/downloads/Karoq-Accessories-Pricing.pdf is £124 and I baulked even at that, never mind obviously made up numbers like £200 :swear:

I bought front and rear for under £50 and fitted them myself in under an hour.

• Like 2

Our dealer threw in Life Shine and I think the protection pack came as part of that. Front and rear mudflaps, front and rear rubber mats and boot liner. Not sure of the cost as the dealer threw it in as part of the deal. We've had the same (I think) Life Shine pack quoted on the Scout we have on order and it's £387 which looks to make £200 just for mud flaps seem hellish expensive.

1 hour ago, Vectis said:

I bought front and rear for under £50 and fitted them myself in under an hour.

I know Vectis. I've read and re-read your how-to a dozen times, seeing if I could psyche myself up :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bowdie said:

... £200 just for mud flaps seem hellish expensive.

It's made up. The Karoq official accessories list quotes £124 fitted and that's bad enough.

Just been sent the feedback thing from Skoda. That experience had been fed back, no danger. 

• 2 weeks later...

The mud flaps are only 17€ for each set on Superskoda.

You only need to take the wheel off and drill two holes looking at the instructions.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KAROQ/Karoq-original-Skoda-mud-flaps-FRONT

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KAROQ/Karoq-original-Skoda-mud-flaps-REAR

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheRoq said:

The mud flaps are only 17€ for each set on Superskoda.

You only need to take the wheel off and drill two holes looking at the instructions.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KAROQ/Karoq-original-Skoda-mud-flaps-FRONT

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KAROQ/Karoq-original-Skoda-mud-flaps-REAR

You can do it without taking the wheel off.

22 minutes ago, Vectis said:

You can do it without taking the wheel off.

Oh now I'm having a funny turn.

The rears don't need the wheels off, and the fronts are OK with the wheels on full lock and an angled drill?

Added them to my favourites list on SS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vadimo said:

yeah just drill through the tyres :biggrin:

I used an angle drill as I had one, but could get in there with my bosch cordless drill, never had to take the wheels off when I fitted them to my Yeti, Octavia and now the Karoq.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:34, Michael G said:

I know Vectis. I've read and re-read your how-to a dozen times, seeing if I could psyche myself up :biggrin:

I'm looking to purchase some mud flaps (at SS price it seems very worthwhile).  Will also look to fit myself so if a guide is available, a link would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Hitz said:

I'm looking to purchase some mud flaps (at SS price it seems very worthwhile).  Will also look to fit myself so if a guide is available, a link would be appreciated.

Looks like instructions are in the packs.

My finger is hovering over the 'buy right angle drill chuck' as we speak. Well, it'll come in for other stuff, right?

But I wish SS would get more stuff in so that shipping costs are better value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hitz said:

I put a bit of a description here:

Going through Listers on this site they didn't work out much dearer after shipping was taken into consideration and delivery was a lot quicker, I bought rubber mats as well and it was only a few pounds dearer than ss but was here in 2 days.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 18:05, Vectis said:

I put a bit of a description here:

Going through Listers on this site they didn't work out much dearer after shipping was taken into consideration and delivery was a lot quicker, I bought rubber mats as well and it was only a few pounds dearer than ss but was here in 2 days.

Hi Vectis

Can I pick your brains please? I've taken the Phylosan (it fortifies the over 40's) and I'm going to have a go with the mudflaps. 

Mr Amazon is sending me an angled drill chuck. I'm going to order the mudflaps from Mike at Listers. His service and price on the double sided bootmat was brilliant.

Before I email him, the official accessories price list at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/Models/downloads/Karoq-Accessories-Pricing.pdf shows the fronts with a high or low option viz:

Front mud flaps (high version) 57A075111A

Front mud flaps (low version) 57A075111

Do you know if this is just a styling thing? My SE doesn't have trims on the wheel arches. Superskoda quote the 57A075111 as fitting "all Karoq models with OEM protective wheel housing (PR-6EE)" but I'm not sure what that means :sweat:

Looks to be just the one option of 57A075101 on the rears.

I'd be so grateful if you could shine any light on this.

TIA.

Mike

This website explains it a bit more clearly http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/search,i.html?q=karoq

The ...111A part number is for cars WITH the black plastic wheelarch.

How much are the mudflaps from Listers? It's £45 delivered for both sets from this company in Ireland.

Edited by TheRoq
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Hi Vectis

Can I pick your brains please? I've taken the Phylosan (it fortifies the over 40's) and I'm going to have a go with the mudflaps. 

Mr Amazon is sending me an angled drill chuck. I'm going to order the mudflaps from Mike at Listers. His service and price on the double sided bootmat was brilliant.

Before I email him, the official accessories price list at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionImages/Models/downloads/Karoq-Accessories-Pricing.pdf shows the fronts with a high or low option viz:

Front mud flaps (high version) 57A075111A

Front mud flaps (low version) 57A075111

Do you know if this is just a styling thing? My SE doesn't have trims on the wheel arches. Superskoda quote the 57A075111 as fitting "all Karoq models with OEM protective wheel housing (PR-6EE)" but I'm not sure what that means :sweat:

Looks to be just the one option of 57A075101 on the rears.

I'd be so grateful if you could shine any light on this.

TIA.

Mike

I believe the high ones with the A after the part number are for the cars with the trim around the  wheel arch. I don't have the trim and fitted the ones without the A in the part number.

• Thanks 1

Can someone please post a pic of their Karoq with the mudflaps fitted.

All I can find is close up pictures of the mudflaps, it would be nice to see the whole car with them on.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Can someone please post a pic of their Karoq with the mudflaps fitted.

All I can find is close up pictures of the mudflaps, it would be nice to see the whole car with them on.

Thanks!

Black on black is hard to see.

20180418_140458.jpg

Edited by Vectis
Edited photo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1