Emblems front and back...

I agree that 90 Euros is high for the 2 badges, but - having just recently purchased - the fact that the detailing is in the Black 'Monte Carlo' flecked paint is definitely the winning combo for me over plasti-dip / touch-up paint etc. Not least for the time saved in painting it. 

In my case, I've learned to buy nice, rather than buy twice here (and appreciate that there are others way more skilled than me in DIY mods). Also, I've got more time to spend respraying my diffuser 'proper black'.

For those changing the emblems, I did mine with an old credit card and a flask of hot water - both both badges off in about 5-10 minutes. Adhesive clean-up takes the longest; I used a mixture of Autoglym Tar Remover and some bug / tar remover (which smells amazing!...), and some elbow grease.

New badges fit the indents perfectly, and the locating pins 'snap'-in flush with the bodywork. Adhesive seems decent quality (so far).

Very happy with the result. There are many more nicer and more professional photos on this thread of the badges on Moon White cars, but here's mine FYI.

FullSizeRenderEmblem.jpg

7 hours ago, Ads230 said:

In my case, I've learned to buy nice, rather than buy twice 

100% this.

Made too many mistakes going cheap / DIY with stuff, ie having my spoiler wrapped local to work and them ruining it completely. And damaging the spoiler in the process.

I learned and just bought a pre-painted spoiler.

Same with my alloys - they'll be going to a proper company some time this year for a full refurb. Or I'll buy some new ones and sell the current ones for cheap on eBay.

For me nowadays the finish and quality are by far the most important things.

• Like 1

I agree that 90 euro's is alot of cash for a couple of badges there was no way my cack handed DIY attempts would have been better or even close to what I received.

I was a bit taken back about the quality, they are really and I mean really good :thumbup:

39 minutes ago, KevC_Derby said:

I’ve got to get them and the Black Grill Surround for mine as soon as the car arrives. Got the car booked in to have the mirror caps wrapped black already.

I purchased the black mirror caps, they were only £35 And are easy to change. 

4 hours ago, Kahunajb said:

Is it possible to prise the front vrs badge off and replace with this?

@Pittsy where did you get the above from? Just checked super Skoda and can't see any.

@Kahunajb I am not 100% sure on the front one, I am a bit scared of damaging the grille so am thinking about spraying it black magic in situ :dry:

On 2/19/2018 at 17:23, stu83 said:

100% this.

Made too many mistakes going cheap / DIY with stuff, ie having my spoiler wrapped local to work and them ruining it completely. And damaging the spoiler in the process.

I learned and just bought a pre-painted spoiler.

Same with my alloys - they'll be going to a proper company some time this year for a full refurb. Or I'll buy some new ones and sell the current ones for cheap on eBay.

For me nowadays the finish and quality are by far the most important things.

yes agreed, Buy once! cry once!

Edited by JohnnyType2

6 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

Just had mine done on my 245 while it's in for a new car Ceramic protection detail!

So much better :)

Now just to do something with the grille badge! 

28460025_1614381458610001_2141569451_o.jpg

28460348_1614381455276668_918467083_o.jpg

28555065_1614389601942520_274407243_o.jpg

Grill badge is bonded on hence, residue that won't move, I'm waiting for Superskoda to release the honeycombe grill & replace the whole Fn thing

Looks to me the silver vrs badge is bonded to a black backing plate which itself is bonded to the actual grill. Looks like it would be possible to separate the silver vrs badge from the backing plate and then bond a new black vrs badge to the existing backing plate. Anyone tried this?

12 minutes ago, Kahunajb said:

Looks to me the silver vrs badge is bonded to a black backing plate which itself is bonded to the actual grill. Looks like it would be possible to separate the silver vrs badge from the backing plate and then bond a new black vrs badge to the existing backing plate. Anyone tried this?

I was thinking the same thing, I'll check tomorrow :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 17:14, Kahunajb said:

it is... i've removed both front and rear emblems and grill badge and had a mess around with some rattle cans. I have to put it back together once the lacquer has hardened. The grill badge was painted with a crappy brush and looks a bit rough, could be much better done with a fine hair brush but will clean up. You can buy the grill badge for £5 posted on fleabay. the rear boot badge is slightly smaller

All done with black magic and a few coats of lacquer.

clicks back together easily but the lacquer has to be rock hard as a decent amount of pressure is required to clip them together.

badge1.jpg

badge2.jpg

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

it is... i've removed both front and rear emblems and grill badge and had a mess around with some rattle cans. I have to put it back together once the lacquer has hardened. The grill badge was painted with a crappy brush and looks a bit rough, could be much better done with a fine hair brush but will clean up. You can buy the grill badge for £5 posted on fleabay. the rear boot badge is slightly smaller

All done with black magic and a few coats of lacquer.

clicks back together easily but the lacquer has to be rock hard as a decent amount of pressure is required to clip them together.

badge1.jpg

badge2.jpg

Did you use any plastic primer or etch when spraying? 

I used a plastic primer, two coats of high build then three coats of colour, 5 coats of lacquer, its quick and dirty to see how it would work if i was doing it right i would take more time. 

badges.jpg

just have to figure out what to use as adhesive, number plate tape?

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 3