Maps SD Card

You just need a 32gb SD card formatted to Fat32 with no other partitions and files.

Download the file from Skoda's upgrade portal to your PC/Laptop then you will need to extract that compressed file directly to the SD Card.

Put the SD Card in slot 1 and update from the Nav menu.

I upgraded my maps to the current version a couple of weeks ago using one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Memory-Frustration-Packaging/dp/B014IX0202/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518280538&sr=8-3&keywords=sandisk+32gb+sd+cards&dpID=51aIrV0DtgL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Lee 

Edited by logiclee
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, logiclee said:

You just need a 32gb SD card formatted to Fat32 with no other partitions and files.

Download the file from Skoda's upgrade portal to your PC/Laptop then you will need to extract that compressed file directly to the SD Card.

I upgraded my maps to the current version a couple of weeks ago using one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Memory-Frustration-Packaging/dp/B014IX0202/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518280538&sr=8-3&keywords=sandisk+32gb+sd+cards&dpID=51aIrV0DtgL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Lee 

You need a genuine Skoda card, plenty of threads on this subject

14 minutes ago, logiclee said:

Lee 

Did this really work for you?

32 minutes ago, ords said:

You need a genuine Skoda card, plenty of threads on this subject

It seems it depends whether you have Amundsen or Columbus.

Lee

• Like 1

I got one off ebay (£30 Ish) for the amundsen as the cards have a read only id (CID) set in the firmware which cannot be rewritten easily or at all on some cards. Colombus on the other hand only uses one to update the maps on the hdd and so can be any brand.

Edited by TechieAli

On ‎10‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 17:21, true247spartan said:

Hi guys

My partner bought a 2013 Octavia recently but the SD card for the maps is missing. If I buy a normal SD card and load the maps onto it from the update portal will this work? Or do we need to buy a genuine SD card from Skoda?

Thanks you

If you have the Amundsen system - You need a Genuine Skoda card.

If you have the Columbus system - You can use any SD-card, USB stick or even a USB/portable hard-drive to update the maps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to do my update last few days, but unsuccessful?!

After download and unzip, appears 3 files 

- metainfo2.txt

- Mib1

- Mib2 

I'm entering the SD card into SD1 port and nothing :(