Rear brake discs ?

Hi

ive noticed that the rear pads on my superb have worn but at 25k should the dealer really be saying new discs ?

other cars just had pads at this mileage what type of experiences have you had so far ?

also I’ve noticed rusting around the hubs is this normal or is it part of the discs.

thanks

I use Hammerite on my hubs, makes them look 10x better. (yes they are part of the disk)

I'm surprised you need pads at 25K nevermind disks as well considering my 2015 superb with 27K on it has 25% wear and discs are like new.

I presume yours are possibly scored, badly corroded or the dealer just wants to make $$$$$$

2 hours ago, SuperbTWM said:

I use Hammerite on my hubs, makes them look 10x better. (yes they are part of the disk)

I'm surprised you need pads at 25K nevermind disks as well considering my 2015 superb with 27K on it has 25% wear and discs are like new.

I presume yours are possibly scored, badly corroded or the dealer just wants to make $$$$$$

Hammerite hmm which colour ? Was wondering about backing hubs or just go silver. 

9 hours ago, Sevlow8 said:

Hammerite hmm which colour ? Was wondering about backing hubs or just go silver. 

I always use black, If you use silver it may get covered in brake dust and dirt and look naff

Had a Golf. Did 113,000 miles in it. Had a set of pads at 70,000 but the discs were fine. The front needed pads every 35,000 approx and did need a set of discs at 70,000.

Brake pads and disks should last longer than 25K Miles.  If they are genuinely worn, there must be either a caliper or handbrake fault or a driver fault.  If the car is automatic, are you or your partner driving with your foot on the footbrake perhaps?

There is no point in changing disks and pads until the true reason for the accelerated wear is identified. 

My rear discs were replaced yesterday at 17500 miles as they were badly corroded on all but the centre inch of the braking surface.  The car is generally used for commuting and I hardly need to brake so guessing it's lack of use.  My mate's Clio 172 went through a set of rear discs every year for the same reason, and we were replacing them ourselves.

Some of these disc replacements seem to be at very low milages.

My '61 plate Octavia has done 135k (90k in my ownership) and I believe the discs and pads are original - I've certainly not had either replaced. The rear discs are corroded which flags an advisory on the MOT but they work perfectly.

I know the Superb is a larger/heavier car but it shouldn't make that much difference...