So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye!

Yup, like the Alfa apart from it has a weird mis-match of LED and Incandescent lighting - I noticed it immediately when my Bro test drove one and it would drive me bonkers.

Good luck with it Stu.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, toni8b said:

How many horses you get in alpha?

280 rampaging Italian stallions!

Apparently it's more like 300-310 with the cars they've had on rolling roads.

Really looking forward to it - came from an older Alfa to the Skoda and loved it.

I can sympathise with your DSG gearbox jerkiness, it slowly makes you really dislike the car, mine was the same.

For me a DSG remap fixed this issue and made me start loving the car again :-)

• Like 2

I am soon taking the same route and can say the exact same about this forum.

...given that I am not going that far, for sure I will stick around :)

...but more to that during next week - for the time being, saying my goodbyes to the Octavia.

• Like 1

@stu83 nice choice, and if they did an estate version, that would be my next car. As it is, I'm seriously considering a Stelvio with the same engine as yours, as my next company car...

...except I've seen a few good lease deals on the XC60 T8 - combined with very low company car tax it works out similar financially to the Stelvio :o

Never thought I'd fancy a Volvo though! :D

• Like 1

Cheers everyone!

I've got some bits in the garage if anyone wants them for free:

White MK3 VRS spoiler - few scrapes on the paint from when I decided to have it vinyl wrapped by Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

MK3 VRS 230 (Pre-FL) original suspension springs - from when I swapped them out with the Eibach sportlines.

Both are free to anyone who wants to collect from B77 or from my work address in B10.

I know this should be in the for sale section (please don't be angry mods) but I'm giving them away and no longer a Freedom member ... And probably not going to renew due to the subject of this thread!

17 hours ago, stu83 said:

280 rampaging Italian stallions!

Apparently it's more like 300-310 with the cars they've had on rolling roads.

Really looking forward to it - came from an older Alfa to the Skoda and loved it.

If its a new one then this is an awesome deal!

Edited by toni8b
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stu83 said:

Yep, it is. It was in stock at the dealer ready to go. Not even registered yet!

IMG_20180310_133901.jpg

Wow, you'd get a V12 under that bonnet!

Edited by KevC_Derby
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stu83 said:

The red calipers and the red leather interior really set it off :heart:

IMG_20180310_133915.jpg

Love it, just love it. 

Have fun!  Slightly jealous, but need the estate’s space.

Also, for that money, I’d be in a Superb 4x4 280 Sportsline I think. Space and pace!! 

But, they say every petrolhead has to have an Alfa at least once!  

• Like 1

Bl**dy hell fit the Xttreme wheels from the VRS on that and you have the ugliest car on the planet.

Still I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Amazing successor of RS230.

Actually the only car I look as the next one is the same you are getting!!! Have a great time in this rare gem. I love the interior.

Envy!!! :) :) :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nidza said:

Amazing successor of RS230.

Actually the only car I look as the next one is the same you are getting!!! Have a great time in this rare gem. I love the interior.

Envy!!! :) :) :)

Thanks. It was an amazing offer - they are MUCH cheaper than you'd expect with dealer discounts, finance contributions etc.

I actually didn't go in with the intention of buying one, but the deal was so good and financially it just made really good sense.

Lovely car to drive, it really is at 3 Series / A4 quality levels.

• Like 1

Nice work!  We have a few Quadro-formmagio (:biggrin:)/Clover Leaf variants near us.  They sound very dirty indeed (and not in the derv way).

My ex-neighbour's son went from a company 66 plate A4 avant to a personally funded a Giulia Veloce and was very pleased.  

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 13:53, stu83 said:

Cheers everyone!

I've got some bits in the garage if anyone wants them for free:

White MK3 VRS spoiler - few scrapes on the paint from when I decided to have it vinyl wrapped by Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

MK3 VRS 230 (Pre-FL) original suspension springs - from when I swapped them out with the Eibach sportlines.

Both are free to anyone who wants to collect from B77 or from my work address in B10.

I know this should be in the for sale section (please don't be angry mods) but I'm giving them away and no longer a Freedom member ... And probably not going to renew due to the subject of this thread!

I'm up near there fairly often to acocks green so can probably help with delivery if it matches up with my route along the greenline.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stu83 said:

Thanks. It was an amazing offer - they are MUCH cheaper than you'd expect with dealer discounts, finance contributions etc.

I actually didn't go in with the intention of buying one, but the deal was so good and financially it just made really good sense.

Lovely car to drive, it really is at 3 Series / A4 quality levels.

Alfa must be A LOT better then equivalent A4, and most likely then a Beamer. Looks beyond compare.

• Like 1

I'll post some pics over the weekend once I've got it back home.

Its a shame it didn't work out with the Octavia, just really didn't connect with it unfortunately.

First stop on Sat is Shark Performance to get the remap removed - thought it's the least I should do even though I'm trading it in. Didn't like the idea of someone unknowingly buying a remapped car.

• Like 1