Why will they not produce a Fabia vRS

I have an Octavia vRS are I want a smaller performance car why will Skoda not make a new Fabia vRS this photo looks great would anyone else buy one.

IMG_4808.JPG

• Like 3

It's been suggested before that maybe there would be a conflict with the VW brand at the moment.

It's all about money not fun I fear,but I believe it will happen one day.

The RS / vRS has no value anymore as that Trim Level is given to big heavy SUV's by Skoda, diesels with not much go for a while longer maybe in the UK..

Time for a Warm or Hot Small Skoda with what ever name, to celebrate that Motorsport History, Heritage and success,

so hoping it is the Fabia sized one with a Hybrid drivetrain,  Petrol engine and drive to the front and Electric Motor to the rear.

After all the last decades of Skoda Motorsport heritage / success is from AWD Fabia's not Octavia, Superb or Kodiaks, 

or even Karoqs.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 2

This tends to happen a lot with VW Group products, so Fabia MK3 is not the first, I remember when my wife had a 9N Polo, ie a car that appeared in late 2001/early 2002, the only warm option in petrol form was a 1.4 Sport, many years later they brought out a 1.6 Polo, okay an old engine, but an engine that in that car would have provided a warm petrol option that I would gone for back in 2002 if it had existed, instead my poor wife had to suffer driving a 1.4 16V 75PS Polo for 13 years / 105K miles, which was always a horrible thing to have to drive after she had previously driven a 1.6Si Fiesta with the 90PS Zetec engine in it - all my fault I have to say, aided by VW's nasty choice of engines for the 9N Polo!

The 1.2TSI 110PS suits her a bit more in her present Polo.

Edit:- the reason that I rejected buying her a 1.4 Sport 100PS was that back in 2002, it was not available for factory order in 5 door form, then when the 1.6 16V 105?PS engine was finally fitted, it was only along with an auto box!

Edited by rum4mo

We had a 9N polo E with it's glacial 1.2 55hp engine. It was also known as the 'hover craft' as that was how it handled.

80k, zero warranty claims, zero breakdowns and it always managed 40mpg+.

Probably because there was nothing to break :P

That wheel and tyre combination, if standard, would be an instant fail for me. I don't have shares in a tyre company, or suspension parts suppliers, like some comfort and don't track-day my car and don't subscribe to the belief that such wheel/tyre combinations make any real difference to "handling" in everyday traffic, but are expensive to replace and much more prone to damage. But, of course, each to his own.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

here's my theory the original vrs was diesel and apparently fun and frugal to drive even now people buy them swap turbos and have fun etc 

now the last model i almost bought but the 1.4 tsi most by 30k had 3 or 4 engines in them, would you buy one with that sort of knowledge??

in a nutshell yes it is about money look at the cinema everything is either a remake or like star wars stuff they know they'll make money with they are frightened to do new films , same problem  the last vrs all i heard was the 1.4tsi in all vw groups was like a fireplace to chocolate melting plugs and generally screwing things up  shame because it was a lovely looking thing

• Confused 1

^^^ What rubbish, 'most had 3 or 4 engines by 30,000 miles'.    Did you just make that up?

The VW Polo GTI 1.4 TSI 2010-2014 was then replaced by a 1.8 TSI 192 ps. and now a 2.0 TSI.

The VW Polo GTI 1.4 TSI Twincharger sold even less in the UK than the Skoda Fabia vRS Twincharger, 

and the Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Twincharger 185ps sold only 500 or so and then they sold an Audi S1 with a 2 litre engine so that they could have Homologation for Rallying with the Polo & Fabia.

Of the first 2,800 Fabia Mk2 vRS in the UK which were CAVE 2010-2012 above 20% get a rebuild or replacement engine, a few had replacement engines replaced and several had more than 2 engines.

then of the 1,100 CTHE there were failures and around 5-10% needed engines replaced.

It was not just in the UK and the under 3,000 Mk2 vRS on the roads, it was also the Twincharger Euro 4 Golf, then the Euro 5, Polo, Beetle, Ibiza, A1, Alhambra that had issues.

Global VW Group Ball,s up & denial.

http://onlyrevo.com/support/sales/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues 

?

What is the number of Euro 5 1.2 TSI 2009-2012 having issues?

Low as a percentage given how many built, tragic for the owner of ones that owners end up paying out on.

Lets see just how well the 1.0TSI and 1.5 TSI's do in another few years!

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dnlbwls said:

here's my theory the original vrs was diesel and apparently fun and frugal to drive even now people buy them swap turbos and have fun etc 

now the last model i almost bought but the 1.4 tsi most by 30k had 3 or 4 engines in them, would you buy one with that sort of knowledge??

in a nutshell yes it is about money look at the cinema everything is either a remake or like star wars stuff they know they'll make money with they are frightened to do new films , same problem  the last vrs all i heard was the 1.4tsi in all vw groups was like a fireplace to chocolate melting plugs and generally screwing things up  shame because it was a lovely looking thing

Yes, several did get 3 engines or more. I actually replaced two engine myself in a single Vrs. The overall point you are making is very valid. The Vrs has a terrible reputation and Skoda understandably doesn't want to carry a Vrs label for the Fabia range. After a large period of time they may well introduce a new version but it will probably not be a highly tuned engine in it but most likely just a good straightforward powerful engine like the 1.5 Evo.

• Like 1

nope i read a lot on the subject on this forum as i  was going to buy one also since then i have spoken to a good few people well into their cars some had the 1.4tsi engine in other cars and i is known for basically a lot of trouble , come on modern cars should be able to do well over 100k none of th vrs even get to that ive seen several recently sold  with still 30k on them

but maybe the damage has been done with the reputation i know a lot wanted what wasn't broken another diesel hot hatch like the first one , i know there's issues with every car if yu look tbh you take your chance on cars nowadays

if there wasn't as many issues as i read idve had one on my drive a good few years ago

as it is i have now returned to skoda so it is not the brand 

• Like 1

Plenty Cupra Ibiza Twinchargers from 2009 on and Mk2 Fabia Mk2 vRS did over 100,000 miles on original engines several years ago and are still going OK.

Yes there are low mileage ones for sale.  Maybe you do not see so many high or higher mileage ones for sale because people have good ones as keepers.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/406147-highest-mileage-vrs/?page=2 

PS.

Skoda hint that a Sporty Fabia, vRS or Sportline or whatever will be a Hybrid.   That will be perfect.  1.0 TSI 125 ps Engine and rear wheel drive electric motor or motors

A hybrid Skoda Fabia RS may be part of VW’s upcoming lineup under e-mobility campaign.mhtml

Edited by Offski

11 hours ago, dnlbwls said:

The twin charged 1.4 TSi used in the Mk2 VRS did not have the best reputation and in fairness it was probably deserved.

But if Skoda introduced a Mk3 VRS using the current 1.4 TSi engine (soon to be the 1.5 TSi) the above would be totally irrelevant since the 2 engines are totally unrelated. Other than the 1.4 TSI badge nothing was carried over. We are on our 2nd 1.4 TSi, the first was a 140 PS in a Leon and the 2nd is a 150 PS (with ACT) in a Superb. In the 5 years since the engines introduction I am pretty sure that I have not read about one single catastrophic failure, in fact I have read about very few (if any) niggling faults.

In the Fabia it would be a terrific combination but its unlikely to happen. Audi only offer the 1.4 TSi in 125 PS spec in the A1, Seat do offer the  new Ibiza with the 150 PS TSi and VW offer the Polo with a 2.0 TSi but only with an auto at a stupid price. The Fabia would trash those 3 for sheer value and VAG would surely not allow that.

Audi have the S1 2.0 TSI with 231ps.  Manuals.  You will get them from £25,000 to under £28,000.

That is a A1 3 door & 5 door Sportback.

Edited by Offski

3 minutes ago, Offski said:

Audi have the S1 2.0 TSI with 231ps. 

That is an A1 3 door & 5 door Sportback.

That is a very different beast to a Fabia with a 1.4 TSi. Like the Polo I mentioned its not really worthy of comparison. I was tempted to have a look at the Ibiza 1.4 TSi but having driven the 1.0 TSi 110 in the Fabia it just did not seem necessary. With 148 torques the Fabia goes very well and its got some serious loosening up to do yet. That torque figure is the same as the 1.4 TSi 125 in the A1.

Point being Audi sold or first registered pathetic numbers of A1 1.4 TFSI Twincharger 185ps 2011-2014 but that never bothered VW Group because they needed AWD Homologation.  So needed to do a qattro A1 for public sale, as there was just a very limited number Polo AWD.

Never bothered VW that the Polo GTI 1.4 TSI Twinchargers sold poorly in the UK and Globally, they still went with the 1.8 TSI Euro 6.

Then the Ibiza Cupra 1.8 tsi after the 1.4 TSI Twinchargers.

The Mk2 Fabia vRS did not sell well, it sold better than the VW, SEAT & Audi though, and came as an Estate. 

They knew a Estate quick Mk3 Fabia would hot not only VW, SEAT & Audi small Hot Hatch sales but also Skoda Octavia sales.

As to the VW Polo GTI+ 2.0 TSI Auto that you can get new for under £20,000.

People were paying over £20,000 for a Polo GTI 1.4 TSI 177ps DSG back 8 years ago. 

You were able to buy a 2015/16/17 Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192 ps Manual / DSG for less than some paid for a 2010 Polo GTI new.

Edited by Offski

In 1989 I paid £11500 for a 3 door Golf GTi 8 valve with 112 bhp. Alloys were an extra £500. No power steering, no central locking, no electric windows, no ABS, etc, in truth it had seats and tyres.

Just paid £12100 for the wifes new Fabia TSi 110 PS SE-L with rear tints, rear electrics, white paint and black colour concept. Its about the same size as the Golf and is probably just as quick in the real world with the torque from the turbo but it has things on it that were science fiction in 1989 all for about £100 more.

We have never had it so good.

• Like 2

Nothing great currently from Skoda though if anyone wants a Hot Hatch that is not the size of a Taxi or Airport Transport vehicle.

There are discounts because the RRP's are ridiculous.

The Motorsport Heritage and Motorsport success is just sales talk now when all they produce in the way of small cars for the showrooms are a Citigo or Fabia with 110ps or so.

Even confusion over the vRS Octavia Models as they fail to announce when order books open on a 245ps with GPF, or anything with more poke.

• Like 1

Very limited, i tried to buy one, waiting still to hear back. 

It got plenty attention online when announced like the various threads on this forum.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/442464-skoda-fabia-mk3-limited-edition-14-tsi-dsg-promotion-video 

Edited by Offski

4 hours ago, Offski said:

Nothing great currently from Skoda though, if anyone wants a Hot Hatch that is not the size of a Taxi or Airport Transport vehicle.

There are discounts because the RRP's are ridiculous.

The Motorsport Heritage and Motorsport success is just sales talk now when all they produce in the way of small cars for the showrooms are a Citigo or Fabia with 110ps or so.

Even confusion over the vRS Octavia Models as they fail to announce when order books open on a 245ps with GPF, or anything with more poke.

How many customers have they lost because there is no small size 'Hot hatch'? Probably quite a significant number. As nice as the Octavia vRS is, it's too big for my needs.

A few years ago when my Mk 1 Fabia vRS was being serviced, I was asked whether I was interested in the Mk 3 Fabia. Simple answer, no! No vRS, not interested.

As a motorsport fan, I find it slightly baffling that they use the Fabia R5 (1.6T 4WD) yet sell no performance version of the Fabia. Citroen are similar with the lame C3....

Saying all that, I do like the look of the new Ibiza FR, with the 1.5 150bhp engine.....could well be tempted, rather than the Polo GTi.

• Like 1

i also think when you read every piece of info about any VW related car you usually come up with more 'bad stuff' than good. If you read up on any VW Polo and Golf from around the time of the VRS MK2 it brings up all sorts about timing chains slipping when parked on steeped hills, DSG woes,  near enough everything repeated on the skoda forum.

I talking to my dealer on Friday and he says skoda have signed off on a Fabia vRS it will be a hybrid and will be out at end of this year / beginning of next year I don't know if it right but that's what I was told