How did you source your Karoq?

ethereum

In the opening stages of buying one of the SE L models having test driven.

Just wondering how most people go about buying here? Visting a dealer or using brokerage sites to strike the deal?

Anyone have success sourcing from this forums deals offering?

From memory the deals that Colin was offering (not sure if they are still active) were very close to a brokers price.

Personally I have used a broker for the last 3 purchases 

The 1st one well the least said about them better (a name that could be connected to the classic Mini racing)

2nd one was carwow, would defiantly use them again

Current car was ordered through New Car discount and again I would use them again.

Get the best quote you can and then take it to your local dealers to see if they are prepared to match or beat the quote, if not vote with your feet and wallet. 

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

From memory the deals that Colin was offering (not sure if they are still active) were very close to a brokers price.

Personally I have used a broker for the last 3 purchases 

The 1st one well the least said about them better (a name that could be connected to the classic Mini racing)

2nd one was carwow, would defiantly use them again

Current car was ordered through New Car discount and again I would use them again.

Get the best quote you can and then take it to your local dealers to see if they are prepared to match or beat the quote, if not vote with your feet and wallet. 

The description of that broker is a bit broad, could you be more specific? :biggrin:

Thanks. I've used Carwow, nice interface, although one of the offers I get is very misleading. I'm just trying to see as many prices as possible really as I'm not sure what sort of discounts are possible on a guide price of the SE L with a few options that comes in at £28k using the official configurator?

No Karoq's on New Car Discount yet, or drivethedeal unfortunately.  

• Haha 1

First time was my superb just waked into dealer and got one. This time tried to get quotes from dealers but they just gave me what was on website or said bring me your best quote and we will try to better it(what a joke) So carwow got some better deals then showed it to my local dealer they then gave me better deal on car already in uk .then let me down . Then phone call saying sorry and then a better deal have wait 2 months week 15 build date 

10 minutes ago, ethereum said:

The description of that broker is a bit broad, could you be more specific? :biggrin:

Well that was quite a speedy reply ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, George1468 said:

First time was my superb just waked into dealer and got one. This time tried to get quotes from dealers but they just gave me what was on website or said bring me your best quote and we will try to better it(what a joke) So carwow got some better deals then showed it to my local dealer they then gave me better deal on car already in uk .then let me down . Then phone call saying sorry and then a better deal have wait 2 months week 15 build date 

I'm a complete rookie when it comes to car buying but took me 30 secs of showing even the tiniest bit of interest to realise that they absolutely hate giving any sort of price to you if you are off the premises, all about getting you in the showroom to see if "they can twist their bosses arm" which is how you imagine car buying worked in the 80's and 90's. I realise they are just doing their job but it's all a bit silly. 

Does anyone here think we are likely to see more ex-demos or pre-regged Karoq's cropping up for sale in the next few weeks? 

5 minutes ago, ethereum said:

Does anyone here think we are likely to see more ex-demos or pre-regged Karoq's cropping up for sale in the next few weeks? 

There are already 4 on eBay (dealers) but usually for a few grand more than you can buy them from a broker.

55 minutes ago, nickfrog said:

I went for one of cheap lease deals in December. £5k over 2 years for a 1.5 SE Tech inc road tax is probably a little less than depreciation+opportunity cost.

I'd never lease tbh. Just doesn't make sense especially on a car like a Karoq.

21 minutes ago, ethereum said:

Why not ? For me it only makes sense on a fast-depreciating volume car like a Karoq.

If lease beats depreciation, why pay more ? The opportunity cost of cash alone is probably worth £40 alone against a typical 2.5% mortgage.

Then tax is included, so suddenly compared like for like, the lease deal at £5k for 2 years is £160/month net with £0 in consumables. I think the Karoq will depreciate more than that, but obviously time will tell.

41 minutes ago, ethereum said:

It depends upon circumstances. I do not intend to keep mine for more than two years and was looking for something practical and cheap. The Karoq is certainly procatical, and at time of my order leasing was far cheaper than PCP, or than paying cash/depreciation. My 1.5 SE-Tech DSG cost 1x £1555 plus 23x £172, total £5500. Road tax is included within the price for the full lease duration, and I will only need to service it once before hand-back.

Purchasing the same car via PCP, including a generous £2300 discount would have cost the following

*Purchase price £21,500

*Deposit £2000

*GFV £14100

*APR 6.3%

*23x Payments of £323.88

Total cost  £9,449

Given above, I saved nearly £4,000 purchasing the same car via PCH. The only downside of leasing is that I cannot purchase the car at the end of lease (should I wish to). I would argue that it only makes sense not to lease, if you intend to keep the car at the end of term, or if you are unsure how long you want to keep it. Horses for courses.

Edited by Orville

17 minutes ago, Orville said:

and I will only need to service it once before hand-back.

(...)

The only downside of leasing is that I cannot purchase the car at the end of lease (should I wish to).

Is variable service intervals available on those cars ? Or will you go fixed and be late for the first service by a week or two on purpose ?

VWFS were quite happy to sell me our last Tiguan at the end of the lease, the price was just not very attractive.

Edited by nickfrog

14 minutes ago, nickfrog said:

Is variable service intervals available on those cars ? Or will you go fixed and be late for the first service by a week or two on purpose ?

VWFS were quite happy to sell me our last Tiguan at the end of the lease, the price was just not very attractive.

The first-service will probably be booked a few weeks late:biggrin:.

2 minutes ago, nickfrog said:

Why not ? For me it only makes sense on a fast-depreciating volume car like a Karoq.

If lease beats depreciation, why pay more ? The opportunity cost of cash alone is probably worth £40 alone against a typical 2.5% mortgage.

Then tax is included, so suddenly compared like for like, the lease deal at £5k for 2 years is £160/month net with £0 in consumables. I think the Karoq will depreciate more than that, but obviously time will tell.

Which charity leasing firm did you get the Karoq from that's paying the depreciation for you? Think about it, if you and a thousand other people took out this Karoq deal that you think is going to beat depreciation, the leasing company is going to lose money on a thousand lease deals lol. How do they do that?!

10 minutes ago, ethereum said:

Which charity leasing firm did you get the Karoq from that's paying the depreciation for you? Think about it, if you and a thousand other people took out this Karoq deal that you think is going to beat depreciation, the leasing company is going to lose money on a thousand lease deals lol. How do they do that?!

You didn't even need to use a broker, let alone a charity - a Skoda dealer was offering those prices at launch - it was well documented on this very site. 

Think about it : do you think Skoda FS pay retail for their cars and are exposed to the same depreciation as a punter ? They probably pay less for the car than its value in 2 years. Don't you think they have access to very very cheap money to finance their capex?

I got a good looking deal via carwow and my local dealer beat it by a couple of percent; sounds as though a number of people had done the same thing as the manager was sounding slightly exasperated.

2 hours ago, loadswine said:

Sounds like the same dealer as the one I ordered from. The deal was good, but sales person I ended up with seemed a bit distracted.

What did you pay out of interest if you don't mind sharing? PM if not wanting to publish publicly. Would like see if in line with offers I'm getting.