How did you source your Karoq?

ethereum

18 hours ago, nickfrog said:

You didn't even need to use a broker, let alone a charity - a Skoda dealer was offering those prices at launch - it was well documented on this very site. 

Think about it : do you think Skoda FS pay retail for their cars and are exposed to the same depreciation as a punter ? They probably pay less for the car than its value in 2 years. Don't you think they have access to very very cheap money to finance their capex?

What was the full cost of the vehicle that your lease deal was based on?

I compared  prices on carwow for numerous spec builds , factory options , colour etc. Then went to my dealer and let him see what deal he could do , will always use local if I can but only if they give me a fair deal for both parties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fabman said:

I compared  prices on carwow for numerous spec builds , factory options , colour etc. Then went to my dealer and let him see what deal he could do , will always use local if I can but only if they give me a fair deal for both parties.

Did he beat it?

The dealer was not told the quote I had , by had it in my mind what I thought was going to be acceptable due to me having extra cost of travelling to the mainland and time to do this , he knew I had got quotes from carwow , so I just asked him to offer me the best deal he could as I would like to buy car from him if possible.

so deal was struck £ for £ it was not the cheapest deal I could of got , but sometimes you have to weigh up the pros and cons of a deal offered .

3 hours ago, ethereum said:

What did you pay out of interest if you don't mind sharing? PM if not wanting to publish publicly. Would like see if in line with offers I'm getting.

I paid a scootch over £22k all told for a 1.5SEL with metallic and a few other goodies. Felt that was a pretty good price at the time, given that it was more than 10% off list on launch weekend.

Didn't do as well as hoped on my trade in though...

Edited by ALW
Fat fingers

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:32, nickfrog said:

I went for one of cheap lease deals in December. £5k over 2 years for a 1.5 SE Tech inc road tax is probably a little less than depreciation+opportunity cost.

Same as me. Same spec + DSG, £1140 & 23 months@ £190.60. I'm guessing it would cost more than this in depreciation! Ordered late November and picked up on March 2nd from Arbury Skoda.

3 hours ago, ALW said:

I paid a scootch over £22k all told for a 1.5SEL with metallic and a few other goodies. Felt that was a pretty good price at the time, given that it was more than 10% off list on launch weekend.

Didn't do as well as hoped on my trade in though...

What engine and extras? I want 1.5 SEL auto with some extras but  22k is unachievable I think.

I got my Karoq 1.5 TSi Edition with a few extras from Azur Skoda in Chichester in West Sussex.

Was hoping for an extra £1k for my 60 plate Yeti but to sweeten us up I said I wanted front and rear mud slaps fitted, rubber mats all round in addition (no pun intended haha) to the carpet mats, and the reversible rubber boot liner.

Hoping to hear from Josh early next week for an update and my VIN number as my Karoq is BW8 (12 - 18 March).

Roll on collection day. :biggrin:

23 minutes ago, ethereum said:

What engine and extras? I want 1.5 SEL auto with some extras but  22k is unachievable I think.

1.5 TSI (albeit manual) with:

Metallic

Beige leather

Self parking

Sign recognition

Getting mine tomorrow :)

Leased through a Skoda dealer.

£1200ish deposit after dealers refund.

£156 a month

1.0 SE Tech DSG

You can often pick up leasing deals cheaply when they are just trying to shift units on new models and older ones being phased out.

The dealer is giving me money back to contribute towards paying the deposit to Skoda.

I used carwow as well. 1.5 DSG edition with extras - list price £29310, paid £26460 including the £1500 finance deposit and 2 free services.

Its good going to the dealer knowing exactly what you’ll pay and not having to negotiate.

• Thanks 1

I went to order a new car but didn’t want to wait 12+ weeks 

I wanted an SEL 2 0 D 4x4 dsg with heated screen and adaptive cruise 

dealer found one in group stock at Grimsby port had more kit than I wanted but I will get it in 10 days 

PCP was the best deal for me with the £1500 deposits contribution two years servicing and a March deal of 5% of list price 

I’ve brought new cars for cash and Hp and you all ways kept cars to long l like the options PCP  gives you .

• Thanks 1

Leasing my Karoq, after leasing my Octavia, got the best Lease deal off the internet and my local Dealer matched it.

Personally leasing seems to suit my needs, my Octavia 2.0TDi Elegance DSG was a £23,500 car, over the 3 years I owned it it cost me £9,500, final value at the end of the lease was £12,000 from VWFS, so i actally paid £2K less over the term that what the car had lost in depreciation, no brainer is you ask me.

14 hours ago, Steve335 said:

Getting mine tomorrow :)

Leased through a Skoda dealer.

£1200ish deposit after dealers refund.

£156 a month

1.0 SE Tech DSG

You can often pick up leasing deals cheaply when they are just trying to shift units on new models and older ones being phased out.

The dealer is giving me money back to contribute towards paying the deposit to Skoda.

Soooooooooo, how is it then Steve??

Or you still out driving it??  :D

13 hours ago, patrolman said:

I went to order a new car but didn’t want to wait 12+ weeks 

I wanted an SEL 2 0 D 4x4 dsg with heated screen and adaptive cruise 

dealer found one in group stock at Grimsby port had more kit than I wanted but I will get it in 10 days 

PCP was the best deal for me with the £1500 deposits contribution two years servicing and a March deal of 5% of list price 

I’ve brought new cars for cash and Hp and you all ways kept cars to long l like the options PCP  gives you .

Well enjoy it Mr Luckypants.  :tongueout:

We need to see photos when you finally take delivery.  ;)

3 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Leasing my Karoq, after leasing my Octavia, got the best Lease deal off the internet and my local Dealer matched it.

Personally leasing seems to suit my needs, my Octavia 2.0TDi Elegance DSG was a £23,500 car, over the 3 years I owned it it cost me £9,500, final value at the end of the lease was £12,000 from VWFS, so i actally paid £2K less over the term that what the car had lost in depreciation, no brainer is you ask me.

Totally agree Panther, I've been on PCH deals with my last 3 cars and now I've now switched from 3 year contracts to a 2 year deal. The figures speak for themselves, no road tax, usually only 1 service &provided you look after your car no premium to pay at the end of the contract!

7 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

long term servicing so even though I'm on 15K miles p/a I still only need one service in the 2 years.

I'm on 12Kpa and hoping to get away with no service! Did you have the vehicle set to long term services from the get-go? Did you request the dealer do that as part of the PDI?

I requested the long term servicing when i ordered it, but they can change it later. My wife's Yeti flagged up a service after 9K miles when it should have been on long term, quick call to the dealers, dropped the car off and 10 mins later it was set to long term !

I'm on 12Kpa and hoping to get away with no service!

How long is your lease? long term is servicing is around every 18K miles.

I'll have them set it to long term servicing at the PDI then :-)

My lease is 2 years, so i may end up with one service but I hope I'll get away with it. My current SEAT Leon 1.6TDi is now at 21K without a service and the computer says it doesn't need a service for another 5K! My next car is a Karoq 2.0Tdi 4x4 so may well have a shorter variable service interval on the long term plan. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Just double checked..... Yep, car not serviced since June 2016!

Edited by Luckypants

My Octavia flagged a service at 15K, spoke to the dealer to book it in and they said it didn't need doing till 18K if I could put up with the service warning everytime I started it, amazing how easy it is to ignore the 'bong' on startup. :biggrin: