Columbus

Hello all... Our car has decided to originate to german in the Columbus media centre consul. When I go to system settings and change it to English it comes up with a pop up window stating "die gewünschte sprache wird geladen" ...then goes no further. The only way out of this screen is a soft reset.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can it be resolved without having to spend any money ?  :sadsmile:

Thank you Rusty Nuts and Pab567 for the replies. Never done a reflash before...do I just put the appropriate firmware on a flashdrive and find the aux usb port and navigate to it to reinstall the software or is it a bt more techy than that? I don't suppose anybody has You tubed a video on how to do this have they? What Firmware would I need?

How much would my garage charge me if I chicken out and take it to them??:crying:

Carpenter and Joiner by trade so Techy stuff not too great at but willing to give it a try. :sweat:

1 hour ago, Greenline101 said:

Thank you Rusty Nuts and Pab567 for the replies. Never done a reflash before...do I just put the appropriate firmware on a flashdrive and find the aux usb port and navigate to it to reinstall the software or is it a bt more techy than that? I don't suppose anybody has You tubed a video on how to do this have they? What Firmware would I need?

How much would my garage charge me if I chicken out and take it to them??:crying:

Carpenter and Joiner by trade so Techy stuff not too great at but willing to give it a try. :sweat:

You'll need to burn it to CD and insert that into the drive on the unit: it'll do the rest by itself. Update via other media only became an option on the newer Columbus units fitted to the Superb 3.

A Skoda dealer is likely to try and sell you a new replacement unit, but if you can persuade them to do the software update it shouldn't cost that much since the labour is limited to "Stick CD in, leave it for half an hour to do the update, pull CD out."

• Thanks 1

Ohhh...didn't realise it was this simple. Cheers Chimeare is there a website I can go too ...to download the firmware? Do I need to know what version of Columbus my unit is so I can download the appropriate version.?

6 hours ago, Greenline101 said:

Ohhh...didn't realise it was this simple. Cheers Chimeare is there a website I can go too ...to download the firmware? Do I need to know what version of Columbus my unit is so I can download the appropriate version.?

This might help:-

https://paulroberts69.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/upgrading-firmware-and-maps-on-vw-rns-510-satnav/

Drefaldwyn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Drefaldwyn.... that is a very good link to a very comprehensive instruction. Much appreciated. I have checked my current sw and hw on the secret menu and I think I will upgrade the firmware as per the instructional guide to 5238 and then purchase the newest maps to load on. See image of my SW / HW + maps.

If anyone can advise different please let me know otherwise I am going to attempt a rebuild later today.

20180324_135623.jpg