Rob's new old Audi - the daily

RobClubley

On 26/03/2018 at 00:44, RobClubley said:

....... there will be no mods to this one.

:wait::notme:

I too am a fan of the rear light curviness B)

Gaz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First proper trip in my A4, 900km over the weekend, to a car meet in Taupo. The 3.2 quattro is a great road trip car. Easy power delivery, it feels composed and solid, comfortable, great stereo. Love it. And I saw an average of 8.8l/100km on the trip there, which is pretty good I think.

37982876_10156338551945977_2244093568614

• 4 months later...

I can think of worse things to have as a daily....

At first glance the A4 doesnt look too bad.... then... the extent of the wrinkles and squishedness starts to become more obvious.

I like the angle on the fog light though, its a Fast and Furious Down lighter :D

• 3 months later...

In the end it cost $6800 to repair as they found more broken parts. It's worth about $7500 here so I was lucky to get it back.

Then I ended up in small claims court as the other guy said it wasn't his fault and my insurance is claiming against him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 months later...

Bad news !
The cam chain tensioners appear to be failing, and the engine is making nasty rattly noises. Could go any minute and take the engine with it.
So that warranty I didn't buy would have been a good idea.

Repair cost is circa $4k becasue teh engine needs to come out. There's a similar car locally for $6250. So I'm considering taking an offer of $1k and walking away from it, buying a cheap runabout instead. Sad times.

• Sad 4

I kinda know how you feel.. when the inshi7nia started making grumbles and being told it was the engine bearings eating themselves... i felt a bit sick.

I spose i did have advantage... after it being a problem child for 2yrs, i was quite happy thinking about pushing it into the ocean

On 28/06/2019 at 20:00, mac11irl said:

I kinda know how you feel.. when the inshi7nia started making grumbles and being told it was the engine bearings eating themselves... i felt a bit sick.

I spose i did have advantage... after it being a problem child for 2yrs, i was quite happy thinking about pushing it into the ocean

What harm did the poor ocean do to you?

• Haha 2