Paddle wheel retrofit to L&K

https://youtu.be/rB750YMtF6M 

😉

Be careful to avoid any rotation of the wheel rod and clockspring pin when the st.wheel is remooved.

Also there are marks on the rod and on the st.wheel beneath the bolt. You must to match it, because if missmatch it even with a tooth, st.wheel will be out of position when you driving straight.

Hi,

No, absolutely not! Only steering wheel with paddles and multifunctional buttons for DSG on the wheel.

If you change the mudule you will need codding and coulg have problems with compability.

BR,

Nedko

Not correct! If you have MF st.wheel without paddles, your MF buttons on the st.wheel are not compatible with the paddles, as the car was not configurated with paddles and as the paddles are connected with the MF buttons and the comunication with the car is via the MF buttons.

So if you want to uppgrade to st.wheel with dsg paddles you should buy all three - 1. st.wheel for paddles. 2. MF buttons compatible/for paddles. 3. The paddles.

You can buy it as a set on 1 st.wheel, or from different sellers, as I did.

But if you try to use your MF from your car this will not work!!! MF buttons for DSG paddles are diferent part number from your originally installed in the car.

• Like 2

Hi ! Following this topic because, me too, I would love to get the paddles shifts retrofitted.  🤤

Not find this option at Toulouse 😔  when purchasing mine and…I just neeeed them ! 🤩

1 hour ago, Sevi31 said:

Hi ! Following this topic because, me too, I would love to get the paddles shifts retrofitted.  🤤

Not find this option at Toulouse 😔  when purchasing mine and…I just neeeed them ! 🤩

Honestly they’re a bit of a gimmic, you’ll use them all of 2/3 times then completely forget they are there.

On 22/02/2022 at 22:34, ApertureS said:

Honestly they’re a bit of a gimmic, you’ll use them all of 2/3 times then completely forget they are there.

I retrofitted the paddles an I approve the above message. 

• Like 1

This is like the power on the engine, in 95% of the time you use below 50% of it, but these 5% when you use about 100% of it are making the pleasure of the driving! 

If you are ok with the algorithms of DSG, then why you are in this topic?!

The topic is for those who are appreciate this 5%😉.

• 3 months later...

HI all, I have a 2013 Skoda Octavia Elegance DSG. I have no paddle shifters on my current steering wheel but i'm looking at getting a flat bottom VRs wheel with paddle shifters.

What would I have to do to get the paddle shifters to work with my DSG?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Cheers Jono

Hi Jono9,

If your car is originally with phone simbol on the right MF buttons and without heating on steering wheel, I think it will work. But I don't have experiance with the model before Face lift. I was read also in russion forum, that this retrofit works for all MQB models.

So, you can buy it.

I hope this is helpfull to you.

BR,

Nedko

• Thanks 1

Hi Nedko

Yes my current wheel has the phone symbol on the right hand side and it is not a heated wheel. Thanks for the info I'll get the Vrs one bought. 

Cheers Jono

20220605_151839.jpg

Hi Nedko

Just fitted the VRS steering wheel and I'm happy to confirm that the paddles do work without having to do anything to it. 

Happy days thanks for the help. 

Jono

20220608_195950.jpg

• Like 2

The flat-bottomed steering wheel looks nice in the Superb.

I retrofitted this one from a Sportline Superb, put some paddle shifter extensions, and put a Superb name plate.

PXL_20220601_083029492.thumb.jpg.de6b47eab2ac6a219aac9d82c3512a04.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nedko and all,

I found the steering wheel in the picture. It have VIEW button and paddles.

The only doubt it that it is heated, while I don’t have this option on my car.

Do you think it is ok anc can fit on my Superb?

F8C5462E-6DA0-4A63-B505-C75EA6CA7389.jpeg

Hi all,

For sure this st.wheel is heated. This red connector with yelow and brown wires is exactly for the heater.  There is also 2 additional small connectors inserted in both buttons modules (L/R). I think these are thermosensors.

What I remember when I was looking for my paddles wheel is that the airbag for heated wheel is different than for non heated st. wheels. I was read this in this forum or in russion one.

Can you please carefully remove your airbag and made some pictures on the wires and the look of inner part of st.wheel, where the airbag is incerted. Without to extract the connectors. Just carefully lift up the airbag with one hand and make the pictures with the other one. Do you know how to remove it?

After we compare it, can give you advise.

Waiting to see the pictures.

But in any case it is possible to have some comunication errors, as the M/F buttons are also different for heated or non heated st.wheels.

The best case and also recomendation on all forums where I was looking for information were: There must be a match. The only accepted differance is the paddles.

So, better look for non heated st.wheel.

Otherwise a codding may be required.

I think even the dealer cannot answer on this question. 

I hope this was useful for you.

BR,

Nedko

• 3 months later...

Hi Nedko and all.

I finally found time to remove the airbag and check some codes.

My steering wheel code is: 5E0 419 091 BQ CWE, while air bag code is 3V0 880 201 AB IZY.

I found on internet this new code for a steering wheel with paddles and "view" buttom: 5E0 419 091 BR CWE

image.png.23eea6651f5bd4c96b1c860bccff93ec.png

It seems ok, The point is that the seller say the the airbag code for this steering wheel is different from mine: 6V0 880 201 T.

But how this is possible? Who can hepl my on this? 

In addition i check the unit control behind the wheel, and the code and it is: 5Q1.953.569.A. Who can help my to understand if I can use the paddles without additional modifications or codes?

It seems that the same code in installed on VW ARTEON that is provided with paddles.

I'm becoming crazy......

Sorry, I forgot also to ask for this.

I found also this code: 5E0 419 091 BT BGW. This is with "view" button and paddles, but for me is impossible to understand if this one fit with my airbag or if will work with mi Superb.

Again, please help me.

Thanks

Hi all,

Don't worry for airbag, the codes may varies during different lots, producers, years etc. 

Actually for the airbags is important if the car is with or without heated st.wheel. As there is additional connector for the heating and this changes also the airbag fixation. If you change the wheel whithout heating, the airbag stais the same and it is connected with the connector on the stearing column.

Wish you success!

BR,

Nedko

• 2 weeks later...

All,

at the end I did it!!

It was quite easy (just few "bad words" to disconnect the Air Bag from Steering wheel).

All works (🤞 since I tried for about 20 km), no coding and no errors.

Thanks all and in particular to Nedko.