Paddle wheel retrofit to L&K

Thank you very much for your feedback AlVal! :clap:

I reviewed the links from the colleagues in this topic, but there are only sport heated wheels with paddles and white stitches, which does not match L&K styling. I'm looking at least for black stitches.

Can you please, someone give me part number for heated searing wheel with black stitches, with paddles and view button. 

And there is also another idea in my head?! 

Isn't it possible to install paddles straight to original L&K stearing wheel, as I already have heated wheel?! 

I saw in these websites there are paddles and MM buttons for DSG. 

If carefully grind back side of the wheel's spokes and drill the holes for the bolt and wires, it should work?! 

Don't get me wrong, it is not a matter of a few hundred Euro more or less. 

It is a. matter of car styling, wich I like most. 

I will appreciate any kind of advice or infomation! 

Thank you in advance to evryone who will join to my efforts to reach perfect car confivuration! 

On 07/04/2021 at 09:31, NedkoBG said:

Thank you very much for your feedback AlVal! :clap:

I reviewed the links from the colleagues in this topic, but there are only sport heated wheels with paddles and white stitches, which does not match L&K styling. I'm looking at least for black stitches.

Can you please, someone give me part number for heated searing wheel with black stitches, with paddles and view button. 

And there is also another idea in my head?! 

Isn't it possible to install paddles straight to original L&K stearing wheel, as I already have heated wheel?! 

I saw in these websites there are paddles and MM buttons for DSG. 

If carefully grind back side of the wheel's spokes and drill the holes for the bolt and wires, it should work?! 

Don't get me wrong, it is not a matter of a few hundred Euro more or less. 

It is a. matter of car styling, wich I like most. 

I will appreciate any kind of advice or infomation! 

Thank you in advance to evryone who will join to my efforts to reach perfect car confivuration! 

If you just want the DSG paddles you just need to swap the wheel over to one with paddles, no other changes required (no software and no hardware changes).

I'm sure I've seen new wheels being sold on eBay.de with heated elements and paddles for around 200 euros

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your feedback, I've already checked in ebay de and co. uk and in the links from this topic, but everywhere, there are only sport stearing wheels with white or red stitcheces, which doesn't match L&K style. So I will try to find part number, to be able to look for specific wheel - whit 3 spoke, heated, with DSG paddles and  with black stitches. 

Best Regards, 

Nedko

17 hours ago, NedkoBG said:

Thank you for your feedback, I've already checked in ebay de and co. uk and in the links from this topic, but everywhere, there are only sport stearing wheels with white or red stitcheces, which doesn't match L&K style. So I will try to find part number, to be able to look for specific wheel - whit 3 spoke, heated, with DSG paddles and  with black stitches. 

Best Regards, 

Nedko

3V0 091 491 AD 

stw.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hi guys, I finally have my paddles steering wheel.

I found oh eBay paddles heated st wheel (only the wheel) for 100 Euro delivery includ. And additionally paddless+View MF buttons. For another 130 Euro. Totally for 230 Euro, instead 630 Euro for brand new from dealarship. The airbag and pkastic trim I used from original st wheel.

Now I'm selling original st wheel and MF buttons. So, now I have my dreamed paddles. After install it everything start working!!!

Thank You very much to all of You in this topic!!!

Your information and advices were very usefull.

See the pictures.

Best regards,

Nedko

20211016_155954.jpg

20211016_160009.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
Hi FDB,
I bought them from eBay.eu, as I aimed to avoid import taxes. Look in eBay.co.uk.
If you find something and have some doubts, send me a link, I can confirm if it is matches.
Give me more details, if yo have heated st. Wheel or/and digital driver display initially installed on the car.
I hope this will be useful to you.
Greetings from Bulgaria!

Nedko

Hi NedkoBG,

no heated st required.

II found a lot with phone symbol instead of word "view" as per your case and my case.

The display is the standard one, no digital.

I'll check as per your suggestion on eBay.eu and eBat.co.uk, but consider that I already spend a lot of time on these sites without a result.

In any case I'll share with you something that appear similar.

Thanks

You should find st.wheel if it is without heating, there were few, when I was searching.

I didn't cach, your driver display is with mechanical rev and speed meters or whit LCD display? Because mechanical gadgets are usually with phone symbol.

Please clarify. This weekend I will check if I can find something, but need the details. If I find, will send the links.

BR

When I searched I found one guy in CZ, who told me that they are the OEM automotive company which are producing the st. wheels. I will check if I can find his contact info.🤞 But he was outside eBay and I choose eBay deal.

NedkoBG this is a picture of my cockpit.

Also for me it is strange to have view button with a "standard" display, considering that the button works only as phone function.

At this point according to your consideration I can fit also this

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/three-spoke-steering-wheels-10/oem-3v0419091s-cwe-mfsw-multifunction-steering/

What do you think?

COCKPIT.jpg

Hi,

Yes, take it, the price is superb 🙂 .

If you have some issues, there is:

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/multifunction-switches-buttons-10/oem-3v0919719h-whs-multifunction-buttons-for/

You will spend extra 171 Euro, but will solve possible problems.

For sure there is differance in signal code from phone simbol and view buttons. And if the car is programmed to work with view code, then it could not work with phone button. If it doesn't work just take this multifunction buttons from the link and exchange them. It is little bit tricky, but with some patience will succeed😉.

I hope this information is helping you.

BR,

Nedko

Hi,

and thanks for your support.

I think that in any case I can disassembly the buttons from my actual steering wheel and install on new one, instead that buy a new ones

In any case I saw several tutorial on internet and I'm worry that it can't work or can be complicated, requiring software configurations, for example.

If you have the patience to search for your contact or the part number of the st wheel that you have bought and installed, I'll appreciate too much.

Thanks

FDB 

No, it is needed the buttons to be also for DSG, like on the link. See screenshot from my eBay app. I also bough new buttons competable with DSG paddles. I used only plastic trim and airbag from my car's factory steering wheel.

Screenshot_20220211-145002_eBay.jpg

Coding or some other adjustments on the car are not required.

Retrofit is plug&play. 

On the steering wheel from your link you already have the wheel, the paddles and MF buttons cpompitable with DSG paddles. If only phone function doesn't work or some error appears, then you should buy the buttons from my link. This MF buttons are with DSG function (DSG compitable) and are also with View function.

Are you sure that View button on your steering wheel is aplicable only for phone functionality? If this is View button, it may switch also some options on your small driver's information display?

On my car it switches betwen the different grafic designs on the driver's LCD. 

Dear Negko,

thank you very much for your help.

Finally I got a person able to give me the right info.

About button  view I think you are right. Today I did some checks and it allow me to move into the menu, so i think i have to buy also the buttons.

My car is the executive model, do you think the upgrade will be plug&play as per your car? Because this morning i went to a skoda official dealer with a friend and i ask info about this upgrade. They said it is not feasible because it is required to change the control unit etc.

Hi,

This upgrade works on all MQB cars. I think they just don't want to deal with single upgrades and to take some additional riscks if something went wrong.

You should also keep your orginal st. wheel in case you have some problem with DSG and the car is still under waranty. Before to visit official dealers for claim it, you must return the car in it factory condition as they could cancel dsg waranty. Because without coding the car is registering some comunication errors. But if you make recodind, this is also detectable by the dealer and Skoda. The downgrade can be done for 5 to 10 minutes.

Hi Nedko,

and about steering wheel disassembly, do you have suggestions?

For example, do I have to disconnect the battery? And when? After I have unlock the airbag or before to star with any kind of operation?

Is it required a torx key to remove the st. wheel? Which size? 

In the upgrade is plug&play why do you say that without coding the car is registering some communication errors? What do you mean? Will I loose some functions or can I have some problems?

Sorry for all this questions, but I want to be sure to enjoi more with my car after this modification without problems.

Thank

Hi,

👍 This one will work 100%. If you are OK with the white stitches, they are little bit out of L&K styling in my opinion.

Here in BG we don't have "Executive" level, so if you have other wite stitches on DSG lever or on the seats, then it is completely ok.

If for "Executive", the sport st.wheel is not in the options on the price list, then any dealer can notice that the car was upgraded unauthorized, when you visiting them for oil change or whatever.

If the st.wheel is matching with the car styling, no one will check specially if the car was configurated with the sport st.wheel.

I mean you can have problems with the warranty. For this reason I also advising you to keep the original st.wheel, so to be able to return the car in it original condition if you have some issues with DSG, because this issues are usually very expensive😉.

Hi,

just received feedback from the supplier. Is is out of stock and no way to order it😰.

I have to buy the two items, st wheel and multi functions buttons.

Nedko,

and about steering wheel disassembly, do you have suggestions?

For example, do I have to disconnect the battery? And when? After I have unlock the airbag or before to star with any kind of operation?

Is it required a torx key to remove the st. wheel? Which size? 

Hi FDB,

No, you don't need to disconnect the battery. Just fully switch off the power on the car, from engine start/stop button and wait few minutes before to start disconnectings of the connectors on st.wheel.

Also don't switch on the power before to fully retrofit new st.wheel and all the connectors.

Just want to tell you that I was searching about full year before to find my new st.wheel on ebay.

So, take some patience and continue the search. When find the proper st.wheel and buy it, then decide what buttons to buy, because the wheels are in different conditions. With/without buttons, paddles or plastic trim. Depending on that you will choose the buttons.👍😉