Summer time clock adjust

Hi all

my Vrs diesel will not adjust to summer time unles I do it manually, if I put into auto time adjust it goes back to winter time.

any ideas?

thanks in advance

When the clocks went forward, the first tip I drove the car, Sunday afternoon, the time was still GMT. But when I drove it in the Evening it changed to BST. 

So it seems there is a bit of a lag for when it picks up the time change.

Hi all,

I have been for a 2.5 hour drive today, with the caravan on the back and still no update, it really annoys me when you pay 30k for a car and the little things are wrong!

manualy updated it.

24 minutes ago, Rup444 said:

Hi all,

I have been for a 2.5 hour drive today, with the caravan on the back and still no update, it really annoys me when you pay 30k for a car and the little things are wrong!

manualy updated it.

A caravan won't fool the car into thinking it's summer :tongueout:

I don't think it's going to work anyway, summer's been cancelled for 2018 :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you people change winter to summer tires? 

Maybe the car needs to _feel_ the change?

Just kidding, mine didn't change too, although it is adjusting via GPS. Needed as @mk4gtiturbo mentioned to tick manual and tick back to auto-adjust via GPS and the time got corrected.

1 hour ago, nidza said:

Do you people change winter to summer tires? 

Maybe the car needs to _feel_ the change?

Just kidding, mine didn't change too, although it is adjusting via GPS. Needed as @mk4gtiturbo mentioned to tick manual and tick back to auto-adjust via GPS and the time got corrected.

I thought that you were going to come up with that old one. “The car wants to change” .

Anyone know why the automatic DST adjustment isn't configured as standard?

Edited by juan27

13 hours ago, juan27 said:

Anyone know why the automatic DST adjustment isn't configured as standard?

Quite a few things should be configured as standard without having to VCD's

Mine didn’t but it was set to manual I changed it to gps and it did almost immediately. SatNav was on.

My bedside radio alarm clocks to the radio, which is a problem because you need to turn it on for a few minutes to reset the time,if not the clock won’t reset until the alarms sounds the following morning an hour out.

16 hours ago, ords said:

Quite a few things should be configured as standard without having to VCD's

Perhaps but I'm intrigued why they chickened out on DST. I guess DST could be changed or abolished by a political decision and then they'd have lots of unhappy drivers saying their clocks are wrong for 6 months of the year.

On mine there is a checkbox in the date/time settings for Daylight Savings Time, I just clicked it and the clock adjusted accordingly.

On my old Saab you used to have to resync the clock with the RDS signal, surprised Skoda doesn't do this

I have been experiencing some problems with time as well. My car parks in a garage near a concrete post, so as a last resort I took an old Spring from my storage room and put it right near the post. Just so, that my car could "see it". Long behold in the morning correct time was displayed...

Jokes aside you can set your car time manually or from GPS, if you have it. Mine is set to GPS time and there is also a checkbox to set the car into DST. I have to manually fill the checkbox in the spring and uncheck in the autumn.

9 minutes ago, conn said:

there is also a checkbox to set the car into DST. I have to manually fill the checkbox in the spring and uncheck in the autumn.

With a VCDS tweak to an adaptation channel you can make the DST change automatic.

My Bolero does not have time source or DST settings. It does have the setting for Automatic summer time, which doesn't appear to do anything. I might try to use it as a reason why the dealer should update the firmware, but I won't be holding my breath.