Finally car collected

Nicky_P

4 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

I always said I would NEVER have a manual (so did all my friends), but after driving my Fabia vRS back in 2012 I could never go back to a manual, and now all my mates have autos and so does the wife !

Should have said Auto !!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

I always said I would NEVER have a manual (so did all my friends), but after driving my Fabia vRS back in 2012 I could never go back to a manual, and now all my mates have autos and so does the wife !

I didn’t even contemplate getting a DSG as all my cars (except a few hire cars I’ve driven) have been manual. But kind of regret that now as with the ACC it’s a bit weird having the car slow down automatically but still having to manually shift down the gears.  Maybe next time!

59 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Glad to hear you're happy with your new car and agree, dsg is a fantastic gearbox.

Thanks Nicky. Yes I'm delighted. I can see why there is a growing waiting list! 

Like others, my dealer said he is not allowed to order any more Karoq's for demonstrators.

Took me old mum out in it, round the block. She could not tell when it changed gear, up or down. To be honest nor could I!

After 20+ years of diesels its refreshing to get back to petrol. 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2018 at 21:07, Janse said:

Sure, I'll take some more pictures in the next days. The car will hopefully be accompanied by a salmon, because I'm going salmonfishing :biggrin: and I'll be aware of the next full moon 30 april.

Never mind the car, where is this salmon!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

She’s finally arrived!

The 1.5 engine with DSG is very nice, smooth and powerful.

Got 41 mpg on the 30 mile drive home though M25 congestion.

Got the all weather mats and the double sided boot mat thrown in for the delay.

The columbus head unit’s going to take a bit of figuring out though.

I’m a happy boy now! :biggrin:

2D65D2BF-FD98-425E-82B3-A14F1CAF9A50.jpeg

Damn, but that's a fine smart looking car. And for a moment there on my phone screen, I thought it was the right colour too ;)

Enjoy :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Damn, but that's a fine smart looking car. And for a moment there on my phone screen, I thought it was the right colour too ;)

Enjoy :thumbup:

It seems everyone else in Surrey likes it too.

The showroom and car park was full of quartz grey Karoq’s and Kodiaq’s.

Common as muck now :D

TBF, it's likely we'd have gone for some form of grey - but after a cappu beige Yeti - which looked silver in most lights - we really wanted a change.

It is a great colour :thumbup:

@The Roc Congratulations!

Looks great, in spite of you not having chosen the Business Grey....:biggrin:

I think its a great car. I am enjoying driving again, due to the petrol/DSG combo combined with a very comfortable ride.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRoq said:

She’s finally arrived!

The 1.5 engine with DSG is very nice, smooth and powerful.

Got 41 mpg on the 30 mile drive home though M25 congestion.

Got the all weather mats and the double sided boot mat thrown in for the delay.

The columbus head unit’s going to take a bit of figuring out though.

I’m a happy boy now! :biggrin:

2D65D2BF-FD98-425E-82B3-A14F1CAF9A50.jpeg

WOW..................what an outstanding car. B)

Did you also opt for the driver key personalisation as well??

Edited by Macdemon

No, its only me driving it.

Just been out in the dark to set up the interior lighting.

Looks really nice with the white backlit buttons and ambient lighting (went with dark blue :)).

We have dark blue too although a friend of ours changed it to purple, big Prince fan....

Speaking of lighting, one thing i've not tried out yet is the led headlights, never driven it in total darkness. I need to do a late night drive down the lanes see if they impress or not.

Collected my Karoq Edition yesterday from Robinsons Skoda Norwich who were very helpful. After deciding against ordering new due to long lead times (reading on this forum about delays etc) I found this one with 10 miles on the clock and put deposit down without even seeinf the car. 4am start yesterday morning but fair to say I am absolutely in love with it! Very long drive back to Southampton but enjoyable nonetheless!

Only slight downside was 10 miles after leaving dealer stone flew up and cracked windscreen! Was about 2 inches when it happened and about 6 when I got home! Already booked in for a screen replacement next week.  

5B2695D3-B4AE-4F0C-B767-F8B2754C78D8.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...