Digital dash

TonyTonic

No. Talk of it coming late spring/early summer. We dont know if it'll be standard, or upscale models only, or available as an option.

The current physical dash actually looks very good as it's behind a clear sheet, but not digi of course. Still, much better than the cowled binnacles on our two Yetis.

All in I'm quite impressed with the Karoq dash due to its use of higher definition "fonts".

IMG_20180330_172315.jpg

Mike - your dash is far clearer than that on the Edition.  The speedo and tacho outer ring with the numbers on the Edition is light coloured with white numerals, not easy to read. I have had to put the digital speed display on but that's no good when you need the sat nav direction display. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michael G said:

No. Talk of it coming late spring/early summer. We dont know if it'll be standard, or upscale models only, or available as an option.

The current physical dash actually looks very good as it's behind a clear sheet, but not digi of course. Still, much better than the cowled binnacles on our two Yetis.

All in I'm quite impressed with the Karoq dash due to its use of higher definition "fonts".

IMG_20180330_172315.jpg

Michael G is that 5:22am ??? :yawn:

The white 'filling' on both sets of dials is unnecessary. It's as if they had some spare Dial Paint and didn't know what to do with it. 

It would be far easier to read if they had a more central line with the spikes /segments for MPH and KPH coming off the one line: upper spikes leading to MPH and bottom leading to KPH. That way at a glance you can tell what each speed equates to, rather than the one they are currently using which means you have to look at two different columns. 

An even easier solution would be to have the dial solely for MPH and a a section in the digital readout for KPH, which is what I have in my MKII Octavia. 

If it ain't broke, etcetera.... 

1 hour ago, Panther_uk said:

Michael G is that 5:22am ??? :yawn:

Doubt it. We don't get up till about 0930 hours :D

I clearly need to figure out the 24hr setting. Now I've embarrassed myself :D

Still, I did spend the sunshine today putting the nets in and getting squared away. Also figured out how to show consumption.

It's under that big button marked "CAR".

DUH :D

Answered my own question by looking through auto trader. SEL is the same as the edition. 

At least it has kmh scale unlike my Yeti. I think I will be relying on the digital speedo a lot. 

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

I clearly need to figure out the 24hr setting. Now I've embarrassed myself :D

Only noticed on my drive home from work mine is not on 24hr, can you set it to that ?

Edited by Panther_uk

The digital instrument panel is available on the Czech configutator for about £310 extra. Not sure when it will be available on the U.K. site. You would think it would be soon with the build times now running well past BW22 and the introduction of MY19. If we are on BW14 and orders taking up to 16 weeks, the configurator should have been updated weeks ago.

13 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Only noticed on my drive home from work mine is not on 24hr, can you set it to that ?

Found this bottom right in the pdf, but can't check it as Mrs G has the car. I know how to give a woman a treat.

Time format.jpg

Does anyone know how durable digital dash systems are; how does their reliability compare with conventional instrument panels? 

Is there a 'lifetime' standard with them? - I remember in the mid/late 90's when airbags were becoming standard fitment  the general consensus at the time was they had a lifetime of 10-15 years depending on who the media were interviewing. 

Obviously this won't be a concern to your average PCH/mobility/leaser, just thinking about long term vehicle sustainability. Is there a potential scenario in 10 - 15 years where digital dash vehicles are scrapped due to a broken dash and it's too expensive to retrofit a replacement? 

You only have to look at the situation with DPF's where some people gut them because they cannot afford to replace them. 

7 hours ago, Michael G said:

Found this bottom right in the pdf, but can't check it as Mrs G has the car. I know how to give a woman a treat.

Time format.jpg

That works.

IMG_20180406_180105.jpg

Sit tight on the digital dash (Virtual cockpit), it started back in 2015 with Audi's then moved to VW around 2017, so Skoda will be on the list, they can't let the "cheaper" brands have it all straight away ;)

Edited by Defenderben

1 hour ago, Defenderben said:

Sit tight on the digital dash (Virtual cockpit), it started back in 2015 with Audi's then moved to VW around 2017, so Skoda will be on the list, they can't let the "cheaper" brands have it all straight away ;)

Or Seat first as they are the 'sporty' cousin :)

• Like 1

I notice that manual page also mentions "automatic summer time" which I don't have as an option on mine (Amundsen) maybe it's only on the Columbus.

Regarding the white infill on the speedo it's light grey on my SE tech rather than white

DSC_3653.JPG