Rear indicator LED replacements mk3 FL

ok that's acceptable, I can check the overall operation when locking the car and I've never had a bulb out in 30 years of driving so good to go  :^]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

Can I have some of your luck please B)

Sure, and it is luck because they blow in the house all the time so I'm not immune

35 minutes ago, mumphie said:

Barring a circuitry failure, if individual LEDs were to fail, it wouldn't be too noticeable, so the risk is somewhat mitigated.

...and worth installing! Obviously, I've kept my OEM bulbs - just in case!

3 minutes ago, mumphie said:

...and worth installing! Obviously, I've kept my OEM bulbs - just in case!

Yeah looking forward to it. So odd to be LED all round except those.

4 minutes ago, Lordch said:

Yeah looking forward to it. So odd to be LED all round except those.

Yeah, I thought so too! The LEDs do finish the look off nicely!

• Like 1

I had some fun trying to find the rights settings for the front fog lights.

There are a few options in the list.

Allgemeine LED bis 12W

Allgemeine LED bis 6W

Kleinleistung LED

Tried the first two options and everything was fine until I engage reverse (which turns on the front fogs).

The third option, literally littlepower, doesn't throw up an error on the infotainment and the fog lights still function as normal.

When the weather improves I'll do some more testing.  Removing the side grilles is a pain in the chuffer oh the MK3FL so I'll need a little while to do complete testing.

I know this is to do with the fog lights but would hopefully be useful to VCDS/ODB11 owners wanting to replace any filament bulb with an LED variant.

16 hours ago, BlueclouduK said:

I had some fun trying to find the rights settings for the front fog lights.

There are a few options in the list.

Allgemeine LED bis 12W

Allgemeine LED bis 6W

Kleinleistung LED

Tried the first two options and everything was fine until I engage reverse (which turns on the front fogs).

The third option, literally littlepower, doesn't throw up an error on the infotainment and the fog lights still function as normal.

When the weather improves I'll do some more testing.  Removing the side grilles is a pain in the chuffer oh the MK3FL so I'll need a little while to do complete testing.

I know this is to do with the fog lights but would hopefully be useful to VCDS/ODB11 owners wanting to replace any filament bulb with an LED variant.

The fog lights do come on when you select reverse, they do on my standard set up

Just fitted the Amazon bulbs linked previously in this thread and they're spot on. I can sleep easy now, as the non-LED rear indicators did bother me :wondering:

Installation was very easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanian said:

I ordered some on 19 April, not expected till 0-19th of May. thats 21-28 days just my luck.

Get the Aliexpress app if you have suitable phoneware, it has built in order tracking, mine also said 28 days estimated at outset, but the tracking showed it on the plane in 2, landed in the UK in 4!

Edited by Lordch