Finally here! 1.5 DSG, quartz grey

olly_shaw

Picked up my karoq this weekend. Took it on a little holiday to Norfolk. 

1.5 dsg, quartz grey with park assist. Very impressed. 

*Automatic with auto hold has rendered thinking about a handbrake a thing of the past 

*Engine is quite and powerful. I’ve not pushed it but there is a lot of power there

*Ride is refined and comfortable. 

Park assist is a laugh, took a few goes to get the hang of it. I didnt think I’d use it before I got it. But I actually think I will now. 

*It’s got much more space than my old already xl, even in the boot. 

*Keyless entry, locking and start all spot on

*Android auto is great, remembers where t was and starts automatically. I’ve got an old HTC M8 just for the car and I’m locking it in that cubby near the gearbox. (First cable didn’t work, but second did)

Only downside so far is that most of the Skoda connect app only works with the Columbus system. No biggie, but I think it could have been made a little clearer.

Very happy customer! 

6D9AB3D1-AA07-4A7A-9763-D6A147F634AE.jpeg

972A6495-7BD3-4737-BE56-B2F4A21F4950.jpeg

D6E96291-5309-4CC7-9D4E-BDB91988847F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats. The car looks great. Disappointing news regarding the Skoda connect app (I assume you have Amundsen nav).

Edited by Janse
Misspelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Janse said:

Congrats. The car looks great. Disappointing news regarding the Skoda connect app (I assume you have Amundsen nav).

Yes it the Amundsen (SE-L). The app on the iPhone does almost nothing. No trip info, no honk and flash etc.

1 minute ago, olly_shaw said:

Yes it the Amundsen (SE-L). The app on the iPhone does almost nothing. No trip info, no honk and flash etc.

Yeah I've found the Apps to be pretty useless, Skoda One App keeps crashing, set my phone as a hotspot and even with 4G and a full signal it won't connect to the internet. :@

1 hour ago, TheRoq said:

Me too. Only the cool people go for quartz grey I've heard B)

AND petrol blue :tongueout:

• Haha 2

Looks very nice olly , car almost looks like an estate car in the first picture , must be all those caravans around it :biggrin:

was it enough enough to connect phone ?

4 hours ago, Macdemon said:

AND petrol blue :tongueout:

3 hours ago, Michael G said:

And black magic 

:whew:

:D

1 hour ago, skoda1982 said:

And Energy Blue :D

1 hour ago, OldKaroq said:

oh and Business Grey :)

This is just like paint by numbers haha ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For all you Quartz Grey enthusiasts, be warned, it's an absolute pig to keep clean. Very similar to black. It looks fantastic when cleaned and polished but it last about 0.005 secs after driving off. :crying:

14 minutes ago, Bignij said:

For all you Quartz Grey enthusiasts, be warned, it's an absolute pig to keep clean. Very similar to black. It looks fantastic when cleaned and polished but it last about 0.005 secs after driving off. :crying:

This will never happen for karoqs in petrol blue :biggrin:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fabman said:

Looks very nice olly , car almost looks like an estate car in the first picture , must be all those caravans around it :biggrin:

was it enough enough to connect phone ?

For my android auto phone, yes just plug it in. When I did mine it is really fussy about the cable. So use the supplier approved cable first to make sure the car will talk to the phone. Then I used the right angle adapter here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MWI7TTS/ which works a treat and allows the cubby to be pulled closed

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bignij said:

Our Superb Mk2 is the same.  I've only made it worse by ordering the Mk3 in Black Magic B)

20 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Yeah I've found the Apps to be pretty useless, Skoda One App keeps crashing, set my phone as a hotspot and even with 4G and a full signal it won't connect to the internet. :@

I've had the same problems  deleted app.useless